- Product J15796
Gibson Limited Edition J-45 Quilted Mahogany Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Since 1942, the Gibson J-45 has been on more stages and in more recording studios than any guitar in history, hence its nickname "The Workhorse". Fea...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Workhorse redone for the modern player.
Since 1942, the Gibson J-45 has been on more stages and in more recording studios than any guitar in history, hence its nickname "The Workhorse". Features true to the original include solid genuine mahogany back, sides, and neck, solid Sitka spruce top, scalloped spruce bracing, and a traditional compound dovetail neck to body joint attached with old world hide glue.
The 24-¾ scale length works in concert with the slope shouldered solid spruce and solid mahogany body and neck to produce a balanced Low/Mid/High tonality that works for all genres of music requiring a steel string acoustic guitar. The sound of a J-45 was described to us by one of the greats as that great old tone that is in my hhead forever. Imagine two tape, vinyl, pre digital, pure balanced tone. That would be the sound of Gibsons J-45.
This particular limited edition J-45 comes with very rare and beautiful quilted solid mahogany back and sides, enhanced with colorful abalone Snowflake position markers, Gold Grover tuning machines, all wrapped in a very thin, hand-applied and rare Honey Burst Nitrocellulose Lacquer finish. An acoustic weapon with unreal tone of rare beauty, you can plug in and accurately reproduce these rich harmonics thanks to the award-winning Baggs Element VTC pickup system. There are only 33 of these guitars for all of North America making them a rare addition to anyones arsenal.
Comes in a plush lined Gibson Hardshell case with a Limited Lifetime Warranty.
- Body Style: Round Shoulder with radiused body
- Wood: Solid Sitka spruce top, solid figured mahogany back and sides
- Binding: Multi-ply top, multi-ply single ring rosette
- Finish: Honey burst, nitrocellulose lacquer
- Neck: 1-piece mahogany, 1.725 Tusq nut
- Neck-to-body: Compound dovetail secured with hide glue at the 14th fret
- Bracing: Traditional scalloped x-bracing
- Fingerboard: 12 radius bound rosewood with abalone split diamond inlay
- Scale: 24-3/4, short
- Bridge: Belly up rosewood with Tusq saddle
- Pickguard: .060 Tortoise tear drop
- Tuning Machines: Gold Grover open back
- Strings: Gibson light gauge .012 - .053
- Electronics: L.R. Baggs Element VTC
- Finish: Nitrocellulose lacquer finish
Only 33 of these will be available. Order today.