- Product H77073
Gretsch Guitars Custom Shop 6120 Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Like a kid in a candy store with no-limit credit card, our guitar buyer approached the Gretsch Custom Shop with a list of make-believe mods. Gretsch ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A strictly one-off reworking of the Gretsch classic.
Like a kid in a candy store with no-limit credit card, our guitar buyer approached the Gretsch Custom Shop with a list of make-believe mods. Gretsch executed his wish-list to perfection by replacing the original f-holes with cats-eyes, adding double-thumb marker inlays to the fretboard, and equipping this fantasy 6120 with TV Jones Classic pickups to re-create the complex sound of the original Gretsch pups. To make it an even more unique custom-shop creation, Gretsch gave it a sparkling Lake Placid Blue finish--ordinarily reserved for just Fender guitars. Other deluxe hardware and appointments include a Bigsby B-6 bridge and an engraved Chet Atkins signature on the gold pickguard.
If you're a purist looking for a period-correct 1959 Gretsch 6120, look elsewhere. On the other hand, if you want to own an utterly unique piece of iconic guitar history with enormous collectibility potential, look no further.
- Base Model: Chet Atkins 6120 - 1959 Style
- Color: Lake Placid Blue
- Aging Type: Nos
- Tuners: Gold Plated Grover Imperial Machine Heads with Stairstep Buttons
- Neck Pickup: TV Jones Classic
- Bridge Pickup: TV Jones Classic
- Neck Shape: Fat "C"
- Bracing: Trestle
- Nut: Bone
- Wiring: #3 Tone Switch with Standby
- Binding: White/Black
- Frets: Vintage
- Zero Fret: Yes
- Fretboard Wood: Ebony
- Fretboard Inlay Material: Mother-of-pearl
- Fretboard Inlay Style: Double Thumbnail
- Side Dot Color: Red Side Dots
- Neck Wood: Quartersawn Maple
- Truss Adjust: Headstock
- Pickguard Engraving: Signpost "Chet Atkins" on Gold Pickguard
- Pickguard Material: Gold Pickguard
- Knobs: G Arrow
- Bridge: Tru Arc (Brass)
- Tailpiece: Bigsby B-6 Fixed
- Top: Arched Laminated Maple
- Back: Laminated Maple
- Sides: Laminated Maple
- Hardware: Gold
- Headstock Logo: Squared
- Headstock Logo Material: Verticle Gretsch Logo
- Body Style: Single Cutaway
- Finish: Lacquer
- Additonal Notes: Cat's Eye Style F-Holes
Take your breath away. Order this beauty today.