- J16979 000001000 J16979000001000
Ibanez Artwood AW4000-BS Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Artwood Series was crafted to produce a traditional as well as a modern guitar. Technology moves forward at a frantic pace and the world of guita...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A classic looking guitar with modern electronics.
The Artwood Series was crafted to produce a traditional as well as a modern guitar. Technology moves forward at a frantic pace and the world of guitar craftsmanship is no different. In producing the Artwood Series, Ibanez respected the rich tradition of the acoustic guitar while adding modern interpretations in their continuing search for the ultimate in guitar tone. The AW400-BS is a dreadnought with a solid Caucasian spruce top and solid mahogany back and sides. The body is given a brown sunburst gloss finish, which gives it that classic vibe. A Fishman Sonicore pickup and Ibanez AEQ-SP2 preamp with onboard tuner make it easy to get the most accurate tone when you need to plug in for live performances and recording.
- Body type: Dreadnought
- Cutaway: Yes
- Top wood: Solid Caucasian Spruce
- Back & sides: Solid Mahogany
- Bracing pattern: X
- Body finish: Brown Sunburst Gloss
- Neck shape: U
- Nut width: 43mm
- Fingerboard: Rosewood
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Scale length: 651mm (25.5)
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Fishman Sonicore Pickup / AEQ-SP2 Preamp with onboard tuner
- Headstock overlay: Rosewood
- Tuning machines: Open-Gear Grover
- Bridge: Rosewood
- Saddle & nut: Bone
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Tortoiseshell Binding, Maple Fretboard Inlay, Ibanez Advantage Bridge Pins, DAddario EXP Strings
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: N/A
- Country of origin: China
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Ibanez Artwood AW4000-BS Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
This is an excellent mid-priced guitar with professional features. I was shopping for an all-solid-wood dreadnought cutaway to upgrade from my current all-laminate guitar. My choice really came down to this or the Epiphone DR-500. Ultimately I chose this over the Epi based on some of the negative reviews of the other guitar. Overall, I'm very impressed with this instrument. It is everything I expected and then some. The only knock I can give it is the out-of-box setup. I expect some work being needed on any new acoustic, but the saddle height on this one was ridiculous. The QA tag said the string-height was 3mm - not even close. It was more like 10mm. I immediately had to file down the saddle to make it playable. If you don't mind a little work, and can get over the name on the headstock and point of origin, I would highly recommend considering this guitar.
- Was this a gift?: