- Product 513363
Martin 000-42 Marquis Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
Revived after Eric Clapton's legendary performance on MTV Unplugged, the short-scale 14-fret 000-42 has reclaimed its well-deserved position in the M...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Every detail conforms to Eric's specs.
Revived after Eric Clapton's legendary performance on MTV Unplugged, the short-scale 14-fret 000-42 has reclaimed its well-deserved position in the Martin line. This special Marquis version combines East Indian rosewood back and sides and headplate with 1937 Golden Era features that include an Adirondack spruce soundboard, with original vintage Style 42 snowflake fingerboard inlays, a square tapered headstock with Golden Era decal, plus open-geared nickel tuning machines. With uncompromised tone, this Martin acoustic guitar epitomizes musical expressiveness.
- Construction: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- Body size: 000-14 Fret
- Top: Solid Adirondack Spruce
- Rosette: Style 45
- Top bracing pattern: Standard X Scalloped (Golden Era Style)
- Top braces: Solid Adirondack Spruce 1/4''
- Back material: Solid East India Rosewood
- Back purfling: Style 45 ” Golden era
- Side material: Solid East India Rosewood
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece inlay: Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Top inlay style: Style 45 with Black/Maple/Black Fiber
- Side inlay: None
- Back inlay: Black/Maple Fiber
- Neck material: Select Hardwood
- Neck shape: Modified V With 30's Style Heel
- Nut material: Fossilized Ivory
- Headstock: Solid/Long Diamond/Tapered
- Headplate: Solid East India Rosewood w/Golden Era Style Logo
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard material: Solid Black Ebony
- Scale length: 25.4
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20.
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard position inlays: Style 42 Snowflakes - Golden Era
- Fingerboard binding: Grained Ivoroid
- Finish back & sides: Polished Gloss
- Finish top: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner
- Finish neck: Polished Gloss
- Bridge material: Solid Black Ebony
- Bridge style: 1930 Style Belly - Long Saddle
- Bridge string spacing: 2-5/16"
- Saddle: 16" radius/ Long Fossil Ivory
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Nickel Open-Geared
- Recommended strings: Martin MSP 4100 Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & endpins: White w/Black Dots
- Pickguard: Delmar Tortoise Color
- Case: 533E Geib style
- Interior label: "Reissue" Paper Label Signed by CFM IV
- Electronics: None