- Product 513371
Martin Felix III Acoustic Guitar
- Write a Review
While the Felix guitar is a fun and wonderful novelty, it is first and foremost a real Martin guitar. And as with all Martin guitars, tone, playabili...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
From the Felix artwork to the Martin tone, this acoustic is the cat's meow!
While the Felix guitar is a fun and wonderful novelty, it is first and foremost a real Martin guitar. And as with all Martin guitars, tone, playability, and quality are integral to its design.
The body is a compact 0 size, similar to our traditional tenor design. An adjustable, modified low profile 14-fret neck (23" scale) was selected for easy playability. Gotoh Cosmo Black tuning machines with embossed C.F. Marti logo are chosen for precision and appearance.
The Felix III makes use of Martin's highly advanced X technology, with textured HPL (high pressure laminate) one-panel back and sides. The top, also of durable HPL material, is reinforced with style Sitka spruce cross braces. Fingerboard and bridge are crafted of black Micarta, an excellent and environmentally friendly alternative to ebony. Nut and compensated saddle are shaped from black Corian and TUSQ material, respectively.
- Construction: Mortise/Tenon Neck joint
- Body size: 0 - 14 Fret
- Top: Custom Felix III Design on HPL
- Rosette: None
- Top bracing pattern: Modified X Series X
- Top braces: Crowned Cross Brace & Graphite Bowtie Plate
- Back material: HPL Textured Finish
- Back purfling: none
- Side material: HPL Textured Finish
- Endpiece: None
- Endpiece inlay: None
- Binding: None
- Top inlay style: None
- Side inlay: None
- Back inlay: None
- Neck material: Natural Stratabond
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Custom Felix III Design w/Printed Logo
- Heelcap: None
- Fingerboard material: Black Micarta
- Scale length: 23"
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-11/16''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/16''
- Fingerboard position inlays: None
- Fingerboard binding: None
- Finish back & sides: None
- Finish top: None
- Finish neck: None
- Bridge material: Black Micarta
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/8"
- Saddle: 16" radius/Compensated/White TUSQ
- Tuning machines: Gotoh Cosmo Black
- Recommended strings: Martin M550 Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & endpins: White w/Black Dots
- Pickguard: None
- Case: Felix Gigbag
- Interior label: Signed by Don Oriolo
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin Felix III Acoustic Guitar:
I was expecting a novelty toy guitar , but it sounds and plays great . .I own other older Martins and like their products . The setup was great out of the box , the tuners are high quality Martin . I've had short scale guitars before like the John Lennon Ric. but this feels more like a full scale and was very easy to adapt to . I love the art work on it , I was a Felix fan as a kid . It comes with the best quality gig bag I've ever seen . It's not a guitar for gigging but a great green room player, the body is almost indistructable . It fits in airplane overhead storage while your others are at the mercy of the baggage handlers .