- Product 513304
Martin OMC-41 Richie Sambora Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Ritchie selected an OM body style for the 6-string limited edition Martin acoustic-electric guitar bearing his name. With a rounded cutaway, the OMC-...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Richie Sambora Signature Limited Edition 6 string.
Ritchie selected an OM body style for the 6-string limited edition Martin acoustic-electric guitar bearing his name. With a rounded cutaway, the OMC-41 offers balanced tone and outstanding access to the upper frets. The premium solid tonewoods chosen also show a connoisseur's appreciation for tone: tops of Italian alpine spruce for brilliance and richness, and backs and sides of Madagascar rosewood, the tone-wood considered by many to be closest in appearance, projection and clarity to now-rare Brazilian rosewood.
Appointments selected and created for this guitar are equally stunning. The Style 41 top abalone inlay, stands out against the top's unique vintage tobacco (yellow to brown) "Sambora" sunburst. Top, back, headplate and fingerboard are bound in grained ivoroid, and all but the top feature inset black/white fine line inlays. The grained ivoroid end piece and heelcap have identical black/white fine line accents. The distinctive pyramid belly bridge with Stauffer point is carved from black African ebony. A black polished and beveled pickguard protects the top.
Unique inlays highlight both the black African ebony fingerboard and headplate. Beginning at the 1st fret and continuing to the 17th, small abalone hexagon position markers on the fingerboard are bordered with exclusive mother of pearl, which are in turn accented on both sides by delicate black line inlays. Richie Sambora's inlaid signature appears between the 19th and 20th frets. The headplate showcases an exclusive "heart and cross" Martin torch inlay in abalone and mother of pearl inspired by a bracelet designed by Richie Sambora's wife, actress Heather Locklear.
A low profile neck, (1-11/16") diamond volutes at the base of the headstock and the Martin stamp on the back combines a modern feel with classic appearance. Gotoh gold tuning machines with small knobs, and a bone nut and compensated TUSQ saddle provide smooth tuning and precise intonation. The bridge pins and endpin are fashioned from fossilized ivory and topped by colorful pearl dots.
Each Martin OMC-41 Sambora Signature Edition guitar comes with an interior label personally signed by Richie Sambora and C. F. Martin IV. In addition, each guitar will be individually numbered in sequence with the edition total. The edition size of either model will not exceed two hundred instruments
- MODEL OMC-41 Richie Sambora
- CONSTRUCTION: Mahogany Blocks/Dovetail Neck Joint
- BODY SIZE: 000-14 Fret Cutaway
- TOP: Solid Italian Alpine Spruce
- ROSETTE: Style 45
- TOP BRACING PATTERN: OM
- TOP BRACES: Scalloped 1/4''
- BACK MATERIAL: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- BACK PURFLING: Style 45
- SIDE MATERIAL: Solid Madagascar Rosewood
- ENDPIECE: Grained Ivoroid
- ENDPIECE INLAY: Black/White Boltaron
- BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- TOP INLAY STYLE: Style 41
- SIDE INLAY: B/W Boltaron
- BACK INLAY: B/W Boltaron
- NECK MATERIAL: Select Hardwood
- NECK SHAPE: Low Profile
- NUT MATERIAL: Bone
- HEADSTOCK: Solid/Diamond/ SquareTaper
- HEADPLATE: Solid Black Ebony /Modified Torch
- HEELCAP: Grained Ivoroid with B/W Inlay
- FINGERBOARD MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- SCALE LENGTH: 25.4"
- # OF FRETS CLEAR: 14
- # OF FRETS TOTAL: 20
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT NUT: 1 11/16''
- FINGERBOARD WIDTH AT 12TH FRET: 2 1/8''
- FINGERBOARD POSITION INLAYS:Small Abalone Hexagons Bordered In M.O.P./Richie Sambora Signature Inlaid in M.O.P. Between 19th & 20th Frets
- FINGERBOARD BINDING: Grained Ivoroid
- FINISH BACK & SIDES: Polished Gloss
- FINISH TOP: Polished Gloss Special Sunburst
- FINISH NECK: Polished Gloss
- BRIDGE MATERIAL: Solid Black Ebony
- BRIDGE STYLE: Pyramid Stauffer Style
- BRIDGE STRING SPACING: 2 1/8''
- SADDLE: Compensated White Tusq
- TUNING MACHINES: Gotoh Gold w/ Small Knobs
- RECOMMENDED STRINGS: Martin MSP 4100 Light Phosphor Bronze
- BRIDGE & END PINS: Fossil Ivory w/Pearl Dots
- PICKGUARD: Black (OM45 Style)
- CASE: 533E Geib style
- INTERIOR LABEL: Paper Label Signed By CFM IV & Richie Sambora, Numbered In Sequence
- ELECTRONICS: Martin Gold Plus Natural 1
- OTHER OPTIONS: Available left-handed at no additional charge
- OTHER COMMENTS: All prices & specifications are subject to change without notice.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I bought this Richie Sambora OMC-41 6 months ago. The details are superb. Of course with Richie's signature on the fret board this IS the reason to buy this guitar. The guitar plays very nicely. Moving up and down the neck is smooth. The tone is rich. Depending on the type of strings you use, the bass and treble are well balanced.There is one complaint I have with this guitar (also with the other 2 acoustic Martins I own. When I play hammer-ons on the high E string the string often slides off the fret and gives the buzz sound. This does not happen with my other expensive Gibson acoustic nor my much cheaper Charvel acoustic.If you are looking for a signature model, I highly recommend this one. Otherwise, don't shell out this kind of cash.
This guitar will blow your mind if you are lucky enough to find one. I've owned many high end guitars, and this one is just amazing. Richie picked out the perfect combination of woods. The sound is much bigger than you might expect from an OM. Every time I play it, I am in awe. It became my main gigging guitar as well. I just can't put it down. LOVE IT! And it's a very beautiful guitar. Best of both worlds.
- Was this a gift?: