- Product 513366
Martin OMC Red Birch Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The OMC Red Birch is the latest addition to Martin's Sustainable Wood Series of guitars constructed with responsibly harvested tonewoods: a Sitka spr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Ecologically as well as tonally sound.
The OMC Red Birch is the latest addition to Martin's Sustainable Wood Series of guitars constructed with responsibly harvested tonewoods: a Sitka spruce top reclaimed from pulpwood; sides and back wings of solid sustainable red birch; plus a back center wedge of sustainable cherry. Unique wooden Laser-cut inlays and a Fishman Ellipse Aura sound reinforcement system add elegance and functionality to this full-gloss OM cutaway guitar.
- Construction: Sustainable Cherry Blocks ” Mortise/Tenon Neck joint
- Body size: 000-14 Fret Cutaway
- Top: Solid Sitka Spruce (Rescued)
- Rosette: Sustainable Cherry w/Red Birch Leaf Pattern
- Top bracing pattern: A-Frame X
- Top braces: Solid Sitka Spruce (Rescued Wood) 5/16''
- Back material: Solid Sustainable Red Birch Wings w/ Solid Sustainable Cherry
- Back purfling: Style 45
- Side material: Solid Sustainable Red Birch
- Endpiece: Grained Ivoroid
- Endpiece inlay: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Binding: Multiple Black/White
- Top inlay style: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Side inlay: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Back inlay: Black/White/Black Boltaron
- Neck material: Solid Sustainable Cherry
- Neck shape: Modified Low Oval
- Nut material: White Corian
- Headstock: Solid/Square Taper
- Headplate: Solid Sustainable Red Birch w/ Raised Gold Foil Logo
- Heelcap: Grained Ivoroid
- Fingerboard material: Solid Sustainable Katalox
- Scale length: 25.4
- # of frets clear: 14
- # of frets total: 20
- Fingerboard width at nut: 1-3/4''
- Fingerboard width at 12th fret: 2-1/4''
- Fingerboard position inlays: Style 28 ” Sustainable Cherry Dots
- Fingerboard binding: None
- Finish back & sides: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner
- Finish top: Polished Gloss w/Aging Toner
- Finish neck: Satin w/Aging Toner
- Bridge material: Solid Sustainable Katalox
- Bridge style: Belly
- Bridge string spacing: 2-1/4"
- Saddle: 16" radius/Compensated/White Tusk
- Tuning machines: Chrome w/Small Knobs
- Recommended strings: Martin MSP 4100 Phosphor Bronze
- Bridge & endpins: White w/Black Dots
- Pickguard: None
- Case: 600 Series
- Interior label: Sustainable Wood Series
- Electronics: Fishman Ellipse Aura
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
First of all, Iam fan of alternative wood offering such as Cherry, Maple, Koa, Red Birch and so on.However on this guitar, there are many shortcuts taken that a guitar at this price point should be without. First is the bracing. A frome brcing is Martin's entry level bracing and the M&T neck joint process should also be on a lower price point guitar. I woud be a buyer of this guitar if it were priced near the SWOMGT model.
Definately one of the best souding guitars i have ever played. Im pretty particular when it comes to the tone and im very satisfied with its performance. Definately a great buy.