- J30890 000001000 J30890000001000
Martin Standard Series Custom D-28E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The tone of the Martin D-28 Acoustic Guitar is what separates it from all other guitars. It has a solid Sitka spruce top with glossy finish, special ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A standard by which all large-bodied, steel-string guitars are measured—now with Fishman electronics.
The tone of the Martin D-28 Acoustic Guitar is what separates it from all other guitars. It has a solid Sitka spruce top with glossy finish, special East Indian rosewood for the polished back and sides, and genuine ebony fingerboard and bridge. With its rich, resonant warmth and punchy volume, the D-28 is particularly well-suited to music styles requiring loud, powerful rhythm accompaniment. This Standard Series Custom D-28E Dreadnought Acoustic-Electric Guitar adds the versatility of Martin's Gold+Plus electronics for great plug-and-play accuracy in live and recording envrionments.
The very first dreadnought guitars were designed and crafted by C. F. Martin & Co. in 1916, but marketed in Boston and New York exclusively under the Oliver Ditson brand. Originally made for Hawaiian slide playing style, the very first dreadnought made was a Model 222 shipped to Ditson in August of 1916. After Ditson went out of business in the early 1930s, Martin introduced the D-1 and D-2 dreadnoughts for standard playing style that would soon become Martin’s iconic D-18 and D-28 models. Over the past 100 years, the Martin dreadnought has helped define what an acoustic guitar can and should be, and subsequently, it has become one of the most popular acoustic guitar designs in the world.
Martin crafts the Thinline pickup using a highly sensitive copolymer specifically formulated for it. The short distance from the undersaddle pickup to its internally mounted preamp maintains signal integrity. The preamp is designed for guitars that are amplified at high volumes, especially full-size guitars.
The Martin Gold+Plus Pickup is voiced to control boominess and to provide extra brightness. Recommended for musicians in situations where the guitar needs to stand out and sound natural without feedback. The Martin Thinline Gold+Plus Pickup's preamp circuitry gives a battery life of up to 12,000 hours.
Check the drop-down menu to the right to select colors and/or other options.
- Body type:D-14Fret
- Top wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides:East Indian rosewood
- Bracing pattern:Non scalloped X-type
- Body finish:Gloss
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Low profileStandard Taper
- Nut width:1.69" (43mm)
- Neck wood:Select Hardwood
- Scale length:25.4"
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish:Satin
- Brand: Martin
- Configuration:Under-saddle pickup
- Preamp EQ:1-band
- Feedback filter:No
- Headstock overlay:East IndianRosewood
- Tuning machines:Chrome Enclosed Gear
- Saddle & nut:Compensated/Bone
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:None
- Case:Molded Hardshell
A firm tone foundation to build your songs on. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.