- J28713 000001000 J28713000001000
Martin X Series GPX1AE Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Martin GPX1AE acoustic-electric guitar combines that world-famous Martin sound with the contemporary playability of an electric guitar. Its uniqu...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Colorful HPL tonewoods that produce a colorful sound as well.
The Martin GPX1AE acoustic-electric guitar combines that world-famous Martin sound with the contemporary playability of an electric guitar. Its unique body design blends a tight waist with a deep body. The end result is a tone that is well-defined, plus a massive amount of power and projection. Its solid Sitka spruce top is braced perfectly to give you a rich, full-bodied tone that is versatile enough for any musical situation. The body is rounded out with a forest-friendly mahogany HPL back and sides to give you an attractive visual look.
As part of the Martin Performing Artist Series, this guitar was crafted to be a “player's dream.” The GPX1AE features a very playable laminate birch neck, with a Performing Artist neck taper. This precision-cut neck has fast FSC Certified Richlite fingerboard, and a 1-3⁄4 in. nut width, to give you the right amount of spacing between the strings.
Looking for electronics? The Martin GPX1AE is equipped with an onboard Fishman Sonitone soundhole-mounted preamp which features easy-to-use rotary controls for Volume and Tone. The controls are mounted conveniently under the soundhole for easy access while you are performing. All you have to do is plug in and play. You’ll have a studio-quality sound right out of the box.
This guitar is everything you’ve come to expect from Martin, at a price that just about anyone can afford. Pick one up. You’ll love the sound and playability of this fine instrument.
Case sold separately.
- Body type:Grand Performance14 Fret
- Top wood:Sitka Spruce
- Back & sides:Mahogany Pattern HPL
- Bracing pattern:Scalloped X
- Body finish:Hand-rubbedClearcoat
- Orientation:Right handed
- Neck shape:Performing Artist ProfileHigh Peformance Taper
- Nut width:1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard:RichliteFSC Certified
- Neck wood: Rust Birch Laminate
- Scale length:25.4"
- Number of frets:20
- Neck finish:Hand-rubbedClearcoat
- Configuration:Soundhole mounted preamp
- Preamp EQ:No
- Feedback filter:No
- Headstock overlay:Rosewood HPL
- Tuning machines:ChromeEnclosed Gear
- Bridge:RichliteFSC Certified
- Saddle & nut:White Coriian, Compensated white tusq
- Number of strings:6-string
- Special features:Tonewoods
- Case:Sold separately
Get this Grand Performance model for your next grand performance. Order today!
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Martin X Series GPX1AE Grand Performance Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
Plays fine, I have no qualms with this particular guitar itself, but more with the service of MusiciansFriend on my particular issue dealing with this guitar. I've never had a problem with them before, but I was disappointed when my brand new item arrived with a very poor setup, the issue specifically involving the intonation. I didn't want to have to pay a luthier right out of the gate to adjust the poor setup on my brand new guitar, so I asked if they could at least send me a complimentary truss rod wrench to fix the problem (they caused) on my own. They refused to do so - treating this issue as if it's not a big deal at all. But I guess I have no problem playing out of tune all of the time right when I receive a brand new instrument - dissonance is always inspiring, and makes for some good new music.
- Was this a gift?: