More Info About Free 2-Day Standard Ground ShippingClose Window
- Product J37215
Mitchell MD400 Modern Rock Double-Cutaway Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The best-in-class Mitchell MD400 offers a carved, double cutaway mahogany body and a one-piece mahogany set neck for superior tone and sustain. Both ...Read More
Carved mahogany body, high-performance pickups and string-through body bridge.
The best-in-class Mitchell MD400 offers a carved, double cutaway mahogany body and a one-piece mahogany set neck for superior tone and sustain. Both the neck and body are carefully bound in a stunning multi-ply binding/purfling to produce an amazing eye-catching aesthetic. For a more advanced, modern sound, it includes a rail-style Alnico V humbuckers in the bridge and a mini-rail humbucker in the neck position. They both provide a more consistent magnetic pull versus standard pole pieces, enhancing overall tone and sustain. It also allows for additional picking room while also expanding the visual beauty of the guitar top. The string-thru body design increases sustain even further, and high-ratio locking tuning machines make precision tuning easy.
All Mitchell electric guitars receive a complete stateside setup and quality control inspection to ensure exceptional playability. Available in Black (BK), Transparent Ocean Blue (TOB) or optional Transparent Purple (QPR), Natural (QNT) and Transparent Forest Green (QFG) AAA quilt maple veneer tops. Case sold separately.
• Modern carved mahogany double cutaway body and a mahogany set neck with rosewood fretboard
• H/mini-H pickup configuration with paraffin-dipped, rail-style Alnico V pickups reduce microphonics and unwanted feedback while reducing tonal dropouts
• Deep Bevel Cutaway (DBC) design allows for complete fretboard access
• String-through body design and traditional, adjustable TOM-style bridge for outstanding sustain and solid intonation
• Locking tuning machines and Graph Tech TUSQ XL reduced-friction nut enhance tuning stability
• Stunning multi-ply binding/purfling throughout provides eye-catching looks
• High-tensile strength fretwire for durability and smooth playability
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: (AAA quilt maple veneer on some finishes)
- Body wood: Carved mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Shallow C
- Neck wood: Bound mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Truss rod: Dual-action
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Indian rosewood
- Radius: 15.75 in.
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656 in. (42 mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: Mini-Rail Humbucker Alnico V
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: Rail-Style Humbucker Alnico V
- Brand: Mitchell
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/push tone control
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: Tune-o-matic-style fully adjustable
- Tailpiece: String thru body
- Tuning machines: High-ratio locking
- Color: Black nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Electronics
- Case: Sold separately
- Accessories: None
Make more music with Mitchell. Order today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Mitchell MD400 Modern Rock Double-Cutaway Electric Guitar:
Looks awesome, plays great ! I love it ! Really impressed with the sound and playability. The finish work is excellent. Frets are dressed to perfection and the action is perfect. Came out of the box tuned and ready to play, intonation is dead on. This is an amazing instrument for the price.
The neck is great, kinda like an Ibanez, starts out a little fatter at the neck and tapers going up. High frets are much much easier to play than on my LP. TUSQ XL, D'addario strings (my favorite), locking tuners, Shallow "C" neck, excellent sustain.
(I'm using this as a review on MF site since I haven't found too many reviews on this guitar)
- Was this a gift?: