- Product J03555
PRS Custom 24, Figured 10 Top Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars'...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The quintessential PRS guitar with a select maple top.
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars' first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since.
For 2014, the Custom 24 features PRS's patented tremolo system, six new maple top colors, a rosewood headstock veneer with inlaid "Paul Reed Smith" signature, and PRS 59/09 treble and bass pickups.
Pickup Switching Positions:
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck singlecoil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck singlecoil with bridge singlecoil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
A very small percent of the maple trees cut in North America are actually figured. To make "10 Top" status, a PRS top must have clearly defined figure across its entire top with no "dead" spots. A guitar designated as a 10 Top will usually have a small "10" written on the back of the headstock in the upper right corner.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: 10 Top figured maple
- Body wood: Non-weight relieved mahogany
- Body finish: Acrylic urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Shape: Pattern regular
- Wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set
- Scale length: 25"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Acrylic urethane
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Layout: HH
- Neck: 59/09 (uncovered)
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 59/09 (uncovered)
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: Not applicable
- Active EQ: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Kill switch: Not applicable
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: PRS tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Phase III locking tuners
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 string
- Special features: Not applicable
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: United States
The first one and still the quintessential PRS guitar. Order today.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Solid Electronics
- Flat Sound
- Rock Concerts
- School Bands
- Small Venues
Comments about PRS Custom 24, Figured 10 Top Electric Guitar:
Beautiful guitar. Most everything perfect. I have an older one and it is by far my best guitar in the collection. Plays like a dream, trem is excellent, layed out perfectly, balanced, only complaint is the old HFS pickups don't sound as good-many players replaced them, I imagine the newer ones are much improved. With my Marshalls I can get a good enough tone that I haven't replaced the pickups, but I've thought about it many times. Beautiful to look out and hold. Amazing resonance when unplugged attests to the excellent wood. Near perfection.