- Product J03563
PRS Custom 24 "Floyd" Figured Maple 10 Top Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The Core "Floyd" Custom 24 is equipped with the time-tested Floyd Rose "Original" tremolo system and PRS's 5708 (metal) pickups (uncovered). The Floy...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The quintessential PRS guitar with a select maple top and Floyd Rose bridge.
The Core "Floyd" Custom 24 is equipped with the time-tested Floyd Rose "Original" tremolo system and PRS's 5708 (metal) pickups (uncovered). The Floyd Rose "Original" tremolo and locking nut tuning system, is a double-locking design precision-made from high quality steel, allows players to lock the guitar in tune at the nut and at the bridge which keeps the guitar in tune even during the heaviest dive-bombing sessions.
The Custom 24 is the quintessential PRS guitar. This iconic instrument was the first model that Paul Reed Smith brought to the public at PRS Guitars' first Winter NAMM show in 1985 and has been a top seller ever since.
Pickup Switching Positions:
Position One: Bridge humbucker
Position Two: Bridge humbucker with neck single-coil, in parallel
Position Three: Bridge and neck humbuckers
Position Four: Neck single-coil with bridge single-coil, in parallel
Position Five: Neck humbucker
A very small percent of the maple trees cut in North America are actually figured. To make "10-Top" status, a PRS top must have clearly defined figure across its entire top with no "dead" spots. A guitar designated as a 10-Top will usually have a small "10" written on the back of the headstock in the upper right corner.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solidbody
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: 10 top figured maple
- Body wood: Non-weight relieved mahogany
- Body finish: Acrylic urethane
- Orientation: Right handed
- Shape: Pattern thin
- Wood: Maple
- Joint: Set
- Scale length: 25"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Finish: Acrylic urethane
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium-jumbo
- Number of frets: 24
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Layout: HH
- Neck: 5708 (Uncovered)
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 5708 (Uncovered)
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Parallel
- Piezo: Not applicable
- Active EQ: Not applicable
- Special electronics: Not applicable
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 5-way
- Coil tap or split: Not applicable
- Kill switch: Not applicable
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: Floyd Rose with locking nut
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: Phase III locking tuners
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6 string
- Special features: Ebony heastock veneer with inlaid signature
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: Warranty card, adjustment tools
- Country of origin: United States
The first one and still the quintessential PRS guitar. Order today.