- #J40213 000012000 J40213000012000
PRS McCarty 594 Figured Maple 10 Top with Nickel Hardware Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, aut...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A celebration in a guitar that's incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable.
The McCarty 594 is a vintage-inspired instrument that is at once incredibly familiar and effortlessly playable. Whether you are looking for rich, authentic, vintage humbucking tones or nuanced, sweet singlecoil sounds, the McCarty 594 can seamlessly master both sonic territories thanks to the 58/15 LT pickups and push/pull coil taps on the tone controls. The electronics layout, a few key specifications, and PRS craftsmanship combine in the McCarty 594 to create an instrument that plays in tune, is intonated the entire length of the neck, and feels like a guitar that you’ve been playing forever.
A few key specifications that contribute to the McCarty 594’s tone and feel are:
A 24.594” scale length, just slightly longer than 24.5” and where the model gets its name
“58/15 LT” pickups. LT meaning low turns, which give this guitar a sweet lower-output tone
2 volume and 2 push/pull tone controls positioned so players can roll off both volume knobs at the same time, and with the added versatility of coil splits for more tonal options
A new Pattern Vintage neck carve. This neck carve shares the same width measurements as PRS’s Pattern neck, but is slightly thicker front to back and features an asymmetrical carve with a little less meat on the treble side, a little more on the bass side of the neck
Tweaked Phase III tuners that have an added set screw to pull the tuner’s shaft, gear, and worm together, but with the tuner button taken out of play, to promote tone transfer from the string directly into the guitar itself with as little energy as possible being detracted
Twenty six of these instruments will be made for February 2016, commemorating Private Stock’s 20th Anniversary
“The 594 is the best new guitar I've played in years. It has a vintage heart and soul but without the technical limitations that usually come along with an old instrument. What good is an old guitar if you can't get all that feel out of the upper frets, or the intonation is off? To hear that old PAF sound but be able to articulate the notes in a way that only modern manufacturing could allow is so exciting. This one's going all over my new record, because it sits so nicely between all of the sonic identities we all know and love. And it plays like a dream.”
– John Mayer
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Curly Maple
- Body wood: African Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss Nitrocellulose
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Pattern vintage
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.594"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Birds
- Nut width: 1.69" (43mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: 85/15 LT
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 85/15 LT
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive pickups: Passive
- Series or parallel: Not applicable
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/pull tone control
- Control layout: Volume 1, volume 2, master tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: No
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Fixed
- Bridge design: PRS adjustable
- Tailpiece: Stopbar
- Tuning machines: PRS Phase III locking
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Own this exceptional PRS. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about PRS McCarty 594 Figured Maple 10 Top with Nickel Hardware Electric Guitar:
This is a fantastic instrument. I played a few different PRS models and this one sounded and felt the best to me. They're expensive but worth it, and it looks even better in person.
- Was this a gift?: