- #J50438 000006001 J50438000006001
PRS S2 Standard 22 Electric Guitar with 85/15 S Pickups
Mccarty Tobacco Sunburst Black Pickguard
- Write a Review
The S2 Standard 22 is a bare-bones workhorse guitar for players looking for vintage tone and style with modern reliability and versatility. From high...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A bare-bones workhorse combining vintage tone and style with modern reliability and versatility.
The S2 Standard 22 is a bare-bones workhorse guitar for players looking for vintage tone and style with modern reliability and versatility. From high gain punk and metal to low, bassy blues, the S2 Standard 22 has it covered.
The S2 Standard 22 is a workhorse guitar for gigging musicians. With an all mahogany body and 22-fret set mahogany neck, this guitar is warm and sweet, making it toneful enough to stand on its own plugged straight into an amplifier and solid enough to serve as a great platform for even the most modern pedal board set up.
The 85/15 "S" pickups are clear and can cover the tonal spectrum from high gain punk and metal to low, bassy blues. The push/pull tone control allows for coil tapping for added versatility.
For the player who wants to cover a lot of ground with their music, the S2 Standard 22 is a perfect choice.
- Body shape: Double cutaway
- Body type: Solid body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Not applicable
- Body wood: Mahogany
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Pattern regular
- Neck wood: Mahogany
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 25"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Rosewood
- Radius: 10"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 22
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.656" (42mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: 81/15 "S"
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: 81/15 "S"
- Brand: PRS
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Push/push tone control
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil tap
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: PRS tremolo
- Tailpiece: Not applicable
- Tuning machines: PRS S2 locking
- Color: Nickel
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Versatile electronics
- Case: Gig bag
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Get the PRS you deserve. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Good Pick Up
- Good Tone
- Solid Electronics
- Rock Concerts
- Small Venues
Comments about PRS S2 Standard 22 Electric Guitar with 85/15 S Pickups:
This guitar is one of the best all-around instruments I've ever owned. The neck, which is a Pattern Regular profile, sits somewhere between a Fender C and a Gibson slim-taper '60. Just amazingly comfortable and fast for chords and soloing. The pickups have a rich, wide sound that seems to resonate with the guitar body in a very responsive fashion. The finish and workmanship are beautiful and impeccable. With the S2 line, PRS has removed a few of the cosmetic and build features of it's core line, but you're essentially getting a plainer core model PRS at half the price. I own many beautiful and expensive (and not so expensive) guitars, but this PRS S2 Standard 22 has quickly become my Number One go-to guitar.