- J47404 000001000 J47404000001000
Supro Sahara Electric Guitar
Wedgewood Blue Metallic
- Write a Review
The Sahara is a wide-body reproduction of the single-pickup fiberglass Supro electric guitar that was manufactured in the early 1960s. The Sahara rei...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Signature aesthetics and timeless sound.
The Sahara is a wide-body reproduction of the single-pickup fiberglass Supro electric guitar that was manufactured in the early 1960s. The Sahara reissue mates a chambered mahogany back with a newly-developed, composite “Acousti-glass” top. This updated construction preserves the Sahara’s signature aesthetics and timeless sound while improving its semi-hollow acoustic resonance and tuning stability.
The Sahara’s vintage-correct tuners, dobro tailpiece and adjustable rosewood bridge are joined by a faithful replica of the legendary Vistatone pickup to bring you a fully realized and worthy reissue of this classic Supro guitar. The Vistatone pickup found in the Supro Sahara is a reproduction of the groundbreaking, single coil design developed for Valco by Ralph Keller in the early 1950s. The Vistatone pickup is cited as prior art in Seth Lover’s PAF patent and is found in many of the most desirable vintage Supro models.
The Supro Sahara is acoustically loud, and its electric tone is pure 1960’s rock ‘n’ roll, with an aggressive mid-range voice that does not sound like any other instrument. Our semi-hollow recipe of an Acousti-glass top and mahogany body retains the unique sonic characteristics of the original res-o-glass models while providing today’s musicians with a lightweight, highly playable instrument that stays in tune and is easy to maintain.
The Sahara guitar and its relatives in the Americana Series of Supro electric guitars were designed by Trevor Wilkinson and David Koltai to capture the spirit and sound of the Art Deco-influenced, historic line of Supro instruments. Case sold separately.
- Vintage Supro body design
- Wedgewood Blue Metallic finish
- Redesigned two-bolt neck joint
- Vintage-correct Vistatone pickup
- '50s-wiring volume and tone controls
- Rosewood bridge
- Dobro tailpiece
- Acousti-glass top
- Semi-hollow mahogany back
- Mahogany neck with dot inlays
- 24.75 in. scale
- Case sold separately
Get retro style and modern performance. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.