- Product J10800
Taylor Custom 516e Bearclaw Sitka Spruce Top Acoustic Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
This magnificent custom guitar was designed by the luthiers at Taylor Guitars in consort with to celebrate Taylor's 40th anniversary. It features a s...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Bold workhorse guitar for singer-songwriters or anyone wanting to be heard clearly in a band setting.
This magnificent custom guitar was designed by the luthiers at Taylor Guitars in consort with to celebrate Taylor's 40th anniversary. It features a striking "bearclaw" Sitka spruce top and flame mahogany back and sides. The combination of the tonewoods with Taylor's Grand Symphony body size creates a very dynamic, articulate, and loud guitar.
This guitar also features many appointments of fine African ebony. The fingerboard and bridge are ebony, as well as the headstock overlay and unique headstock "backstrap." The whole body is also bound in ebony, flowing into an ebony armrest on the guitar's lower bout. This feature adds comfort while playing the guitar, while also positioning your forearm off the top of the guitar top - allowing it to ring out more freely.
The guitar takes to the stage with ease, thanks to Taylor's innovative ES2 electronics. This pickup delivers a very accurate, balanced amplification of the guitar's unique sound.
- Body type: Grand Symphony
- Cutaway: Non-cutaway
- Top wood: Bearclaw Sitka Spruce
- Back and sides: Flame Mahogany, 2-piece no wedge
- Bracing pattern: Taylor Advanced
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: Not specified
- Nut width: 1.75" (44.45mm)
- Fingerboard: Marbled Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5"
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Yes
- Brand: Taylor Ex[ression 2
- Configuration: Behind the saddle pickup
- Preamp EQ: 2-band
- Feedback filter: No
- Tuner: No
- Headstock overlay: Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel
- Bridge: Ebony
- Saddle and nut: Micarta/Tusq
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Ebony binding on armrest, fingerboard and heel cap
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Play it loud. Play it proud. Order today!