- J25508 000001000 J25508000001000
Taylor Limited Edition 514ce Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar
Medium Brown Stain
- Write a Review
This Custom Taylor Grand Auditorium features serious upgrades that make it special beyond its price. The team at Taylor Guitars comes across very rar...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Unique tonewood pairing of spruce and blackwood.
This Custom Taylor Grand Auditorium features serious upgrades that make it special beyond its price. The team at Taylor Guitars comes across very rare and special wood sets and holds them aside for guitars like this. The unique and stunning bearclaw spruce tops are full of character and they reveal the wonderful figuring of this Sitka spruce. The aesthetic packages consists of a variety of woods (ebony binding, koa top trim, and koa and boxwood fingerboard inlays) which give this instrument uncommon natural beauty.
As for sonics, this Custom's bracing architecture is that of Taylor's 800 series. The finish on the top is also a mere 3.5 mils thick - just like on the Taylor 800 series. This lets the top vibrate more freely and adds a touch of responsiveness as you play. Truly a unique Taylor guitar that's built for tone, this custom Taylor also has a depth of beauty that will keep you intrigued and appreciative of this highly individual instrument for a lifetime.
A Taylor original, the Grand Auditorium helped establish the Taylor acoustic sound. The popular body style makes for a versatile guitar that yields ample volume in response to light fingerpicking, and reacts to medium strumming and flatpicking with a clear, balanced sound across the tonal spectrum. If you want a great all-purpose guitar, the GA is an excellent choice.
Tone Wood Pairing
A guitar's top is the primary filter and distributor of vibrating string energy through the guitar, which means it has a huge impact on its sound. Sitka Spruce is the most prevalent guitar top wood of the modern era. It blends stiffness and elasticity in just the right proportions which translate into broad dynamic range with crisp articulation.
Visually, the "bearclaw" phenomenon results from a rippling along the fibers in asymmetrical patterns which shimmer, or appear as if a bear clawed the top. Sonically, this bearclaw offers the best of Sitka's endearing qualities. Tonally, blackwood behaves somewhere in the middle of rosewood and mahogany, with a little extra shimmer and chime that shows its family resemblance to koa. Pairing blackwood with the mahogany top not only gives you that roll-in effect associated with a mahogany top - really smooth attack and balance - but extra complexity as the note decays. It's a great combination.
Taylor's ES2 is a revolutionary pickup design that delivers the latest in Taylor’s ongoing innovation in acoustic guitar amplification. The heart of the Expression System 2 is Taylor’s patented behind-the-saddle pickup, which features three uniquely positioned and individually calibrated pickup sensors. Because the pickup doesn't sit under the saddle, the bottom of the saddle comes in full contact with the bridge, allowing all the nuance of the guitar's tone to come through clearly whether playing acoustically or plugged-in. The location of the sensors enables a more dynamic range of acoustic sound to be captured than ever before while playing plugged-in.
Together with Taylor’s custom-designed “professional audio”-grade preamp, this system produces exceptional amplified tone and responsiveness. On stage through a PA, plugged into your favorite acoustic amplifier, or direct into recording software, the Expression System 2 faithfully conveys the voice of your Taylor guitar. The Taylor Expression System 2 operates through a proprietary 9-volt battery compartment and easy-to-use volume, and active bass and treble controls.
What sets Taylor Guitars apart? Unmatched build quality, the most stable and playable necks, a vast array of tonal options, eco-conscious and ethically-sourced raw materials, and a lifetime of service and support.
- Body type: Taylor Grand Auditorium
- Cutaway: Yes - Venetian
- Top wood: Solid bearclaw Sitka spruce, hand-selected
- Back & sides: Solid Tasmanian Blackwood
- Bracing pattern: Advanced Performance Bracing with Relief Rout
- Body finish: 3.5 Gloss (Top), 6.0 Gloss (Back and Sides)
- Orientation: Right-Handed
- Neck shape: Taylor Standard Profile
- Nut width: 1.75 in. (44.5mm)
- Fingerboard: Genuine African Ebony
- Neck wood: Tropical Mahogany
- Scale length: 25.5 in.
- Number of frets: 20
- Neck finish: Satin
- Pickup/preamp: Expression System 2 Professional Audio-Grade
- Brand: Taylor
- Configuration: Behind-the-Saddle Transducer with Adjustable Sensors
- Preamp EQ: Volume, Bass, Treble
- Feedback filter: Onboard Phase Switch
- Tuner: None
- Headstock overlay: Genuine African Ebony
- Tuning machines: Taylor Nickel Tuners/Nickel Buttons
- Bridge: Genuine African Ebony
- Saddle & nut: Micarta "Wave" Saddle; Tusq Nut
- Number of strings: 6
- Special features: Ebony Binding, Koa Top Trim, Koa and Boxwood Fingerboard Inlay
- Case: Taylor Deluxe Hard Shell Case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: USA
Grab this Taylor while you can. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Fun To Play
- Good Feel
- Rich Sound
- Stays In Tune
Comments about Taylor Limited Edition 514ce Grand Auditorium Acoustic-Electric Guitar:
Awesome guitar... * * * * Awesome sound.... Absolutely Love this guitar..
Only con would be that it can kinda kick back a little if you're a hard strummer....
Other than That, no issues.... absolutely beautiful craftsmanship, look, feel and even the smell...