- #J23319 000002000 J23319000002000
Taylor T3/B Semi-Hollowbody with Bigsby Electric Guitar
- Write a Review
Inspired by both the T5 and the SolidBody, Taylor takes the classic semi-hollowbody sound and applies signature Taylor design touches to the T3/B. El...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
High-performance electronics and signature Taylor design.
Inspired by both the T5 and the SolidBody, Taylor takes the classic semi-hollowbody sound and applies signature Taylor design touches to the T3/B. Electronics include Taylor's high-fidelity full-size Vintage Alnico humbuckers, blended with a unique coil-splitting application to give players killer humbucker and single-coil sounds in one guitar. The T3/B features a Bigsby vibrato tailpiece paired with a metal roller bridge for a high-performance vibrato bar without the pitch issues. Includes hardshell case.
The HD (high definition) humbuckers reflect two Taylor design developments. They™ve altered the focus and direction of the magnetic flux with a new type of magnet and brewed up a secret recipe for the windings. This results in pickups that produce the sweet sound of vintage humbuckers with increased dynamic range and output.
The T3 incorporates enhanced electronics that include coil-splitting activated by pulling up the volume control. Taylor designer David Hosler talked about the thinking that went into the tone control circuit. "Many guitarists have learned not to expect much from a tone control. We decided to do something to make it useful. When pulled up, the T3' tone control adds a second capacitor to the circuit creating a quasi-parametric sweep throughout the range of the control. Players can use the boosted mids to add a little warmth to the single-coil or mellow out the humbuckers for an even jazzier tone without squashing it into a muddy sound."
- Body shape: Single cutaway
- Body type: Semi-hollow or chambered body
- Body material: Solid wood
- Top wood: Maple Figured
- Body wood: Sapele
- Body finish: Gloss
- Orientation: Right handed
- Neck shape: C shallow
- Neck wood: Sapele
- Joint: Set-in
- Scale length: 24.86"
- Truss rod: Standard
- Neck finish: Gloss
- Material: Ebony
- Radius: 12"
- Fret size: Medium jumbo
- Number of frets: 21
- Inlays: Dot
- Nut width: 1.687" (42.8mm)
- Configuration: HH
- Neck: HD humbucker
- Middle: Not applicable
- Bridge: HD humbucker
- Brand: Taylor
- Active or passive: Passive
- Series or parallel: Series
- Piezo: No
- Active EQ: No
- Special electronics: Volume control with coil split
- Control layout: Master volume, tone
- Pickup switch: 3-way
- Coil tap or split: Coil split
- Kill switch: No
- Bridge type: Tremolo/Vibrato
- Bridge design: 6-saddle roller
- Tailpiece: Bigsby
- Tuning machines: Taylor nickel
- Color: Chrome
- Number of strings: 6-string
- Special features: Pickups
- Case: Hardshell case
- Accessories: None
- Country of origin: United States
Experience this special guitar for yourself. Order today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.