- Musician's Friend Best Selection, Price & Service. Guaranteed.
Call our Gear Heads
Call our Gear Heads
Passive tone. Acitve aggression.
Hard rock and metal guitarists no longer need to choose between the power of active pickups and the response of passive pickups. The Gus G. Fire Blackouts System blends the best aspects of both. This system combines the massive tone, kick, and distortion of Blackouts with the rich tone and expressive feel of my favorite passive pickups," says Gus G., the exciting young guitarist just off the road with Ozzy Osbourne. "It responds perfectly to all my picking techniques, and more of my personality comes through than with any active pickup I've tried."
• Combines active and passive. The Gus G. Fire Blackouts System is a matched set of two passive humbucking pickups and a dual preamp that replaces one of the guitar's volume knobs.
• Traditional humbucker design with individual pole pieces provides the note definition and string-to-string feel of passive pickups
• Alnico 5 magnets deliver rich, detailed tones. The bridge pickup's larger magnet adds more low-mids for fatter, fuller-sounding leads.
• Custom-wound coils create a remarkably open, airy sound.
• A high-output, low-noise differential dual preamp captures every nuance of the passive-style pickups-with plenty of headroom. Most
other active preamps clip too easily, decimating your dynamics.
• Long battery life. A single 9-volt battery provides approximately 750 hours of playing time.
• Bare-wire lockdown connectors. Uses the same solderless connectors as our Liberator Pickup Change System. No soldering
required if replacing existing active pickups. Screwdriver included.
• Includes three additional 25K potentiometers for users who are replacing passive pickups.
• Organic sound. Instead of tone that sounds as if it was created by a preamp, you'll hear the wood of your guitar. You'll hear your picking style. You'll hear you.
• Pickups hand-made in Santa Barbara, California. Preamp made in the USA.
Call or click today to order the Gus G. Fire Blackouts System.
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Seymour Duncan Gus G Signature Humbucker Pickup Set:
I was sent these pickups to review a few years ago. The set combines passive humbuckers and an active preamp, along with several 25k pots, wires, capacitors and a battery clip. It's a bit more involved than the average pickup swap.
These pickups are great for a modern take on the classic metal tone. They're very thick and chunky with plenty of compression which makes them perfect for aggressive metal styles where you need plenty of gain and sustain. They're not particularly dynamic - if that's what you're after there are plenty of other pickups that will do it for you - but if you're after a more natural take on the active humbucker tone, these have a warmth and woodiness that you won't find in true actives. The effect is pretty much like a great passive humbucker set boosted with a clean boost or an overdrive pedal but right from the guitar. You certainly don't need to be a Gus G fan to appreciate the sound of these pickups; they sound great in all sorts of rock and metal styles. I wouldn't recommend them for primarily clean or primarily 'classic rock' 70s tones but they're great for anything 1980-onwards.
Our product catalog varies by country due to manufacturer restrictions. If you change the Ship-To country, some or all of the items in your cart may not ship to the new destination.