- Product 701068
Access Virus kc 5-Octave Synth
- Write a Review
The kc combines all the new features and capabilities of the Virus c engine with a professional-quality, 5-octave semi-weighted, aftertouch-capable k...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
One of the world's most sophisticated synths.
The kc combines all the new features and capabilities of the Virus c engine with a professional-quality, 5-octave semi-weighted, aftertouch-capable keyboard. With its master-keyboard control functions, the Virus kc is the perfect centerpiece for stage or studio: a stellar giant to match your extraordinary performances.
- High-quality, semi-weighted, velocity and aftertouch-capable
- Master-keyboard functions
- Internal power supply
- Pitch bend, modwheel, and 2 jacks for switch/expression pedals
- Real wood side panels
- 32 knobs
- 35 buttons
- 69 LEDs
- Complete engine of Virus C:
- 32-voice polyphony and 16-part multitimbral capability
- 1024 programs (256 User / 768 ROM / 128 Multi)
- Undo/Redo/Random features to defeat "oops" and "writer's block"
- 4 oscillators per voice ( 3 main plus one sub)
- Sawtooth, variable pulse, sine, triangle + 62 additional spectral waves
- FM [Frequency modulation] with or without external Input signals
- 2 filters selectable as lowpass, highpass, bandpass or bandreject
- 4 filter configurations (serial/ parallel) for up to 6 poles [36dB]
- 3 LFOs with 68 LFO shapes
- Loop or Envelope LFO modes with midi clock sync
- 2 ADSTR envelopes [T=Time]
- 16 independent arpeggiators with numerous arpeggiator patterns and realtime parameter access/modulation including swing & note length.
- 98 simultaneous DSP effects:
- Reverb [w. pre-delay sync to MIDI-clock]
- 3-band EQ per program/part [low/hi shelf + parametric mid]
- Retro Phaser [6-stage stereo phaser with 24 filter-poles]
- Multiple independent distortion/saturation/Lo-fi FX per voice, including multiple distortion/shaper characteristics and variable gain.
- Chorus/Flanger with rate sync to midi tempo
- Simple or "Groove" Delay [preset polyrhythmic patterns]
- 32-band advanced vocoder
- Ring Modulator
- Analog Boost for true vintage tonal characteristics
- 2 Soft Knobs, individually assignable per program
- Internal master clock that drives all arpeggiators, LFOs and delay times; automatic sync to external midi clock
- Advanced Modulation Matrix with 6 source and 9 destination slots
- Complete control via MIDI (CC/Polypressure/Sysex) with "Adaptive Control Smoothing" for ultrasoft parameter changes and no zippering
- MIDI Tempo sync capabilities for virtually every time-based parameter
- Full 24-bit processing; 24 bit D/A, 18 bit A/D
- 6 individual high quality outputs
- 2 audio inputs to process your signals through synth filters, envelopes, FX, vocoder, FM, ring modulator, and more
- Flexible "auxiliary" model of internal audio routing for processing/reprocessing internal/external signals through the synth engine and and effects of other voices
- True surround sound capabilities
- Free SoundDiver Virus editor/librarian for Windows and MacOS
- Easy operating system updates via MIDI
- Dimensions: 975 x 351 x 112mm
- Weight: 13 kg, 16.5 kg w. packaging
Reviewed by 7 customers
Displaying reviews 1-7
If you are writing dance music or need a great synth for studio production, this synth can't be passed up. Incredible sounds, excellent support.Now if I can only find a t-shirt.
I get more use from the Virus KC than any other piece in the studio, it excels in nearly all styles and genres of music. You can't make it sound bad....
The Access Virus KC should be your first choice for a syth - it's a fabulous machine that will continue to surprise you with its depth and quality for many years. Access are the best at o/s upgrades and continued support for their products - no other synth company comes close IMO.
I bought this synth about 4 months ago. I have a hard time turning it off! It is jam packed with features. Everything you could want in an analog modeling synth from this generation is included. 95% of the banks are usable. More are available from Access via their website; and you can load more onto the machine if you are willing to erase the demo song. The KC also comes with Sound Diver, a software interface, that makes it easier to work with the Virus KC and your PC. My only two nits to pick are:(1) The effects section sounds great, but has a few limits as far as some effects sharing settings.(2) Multi-Mode is limited in that the entire Multi will share the effects settings of one of the Single Mode patches that make it up. It is adjustable; but it would be cool to to be able to adjust each one independently. This is overcome by most users by using the device with a sequencer (Cubase, Sonar, Logic, etc.) if you are recording but if you are playing live it is a hassle.It is built like a tank. Metal everywhere. It is the BMW M5 of synthseizers.I honestly feel this is as close to the perfect synthesizer as can be bought for the money it costs.Check this one out!
this one is top dawg!!! It has 2 inputs and 6 outputs, and that is the bottom line.
Just listen and compare sisde by side it does not sound as good as the Nord not as detailed probably not as good A/D converters. I think that even the Alesis Micron or ION sounds better. All this said it has a place and appeal.
This has got to be the best and most valuable synth. that I use. The features and quality are outstanding. I very highly recommend it.