- J19865 000000000 J19865000000000
Akai Professional Advance 61 MIDI Keyboard Controller
- Write a Review
Akai's Advance 61 gives you unprecedented playability and unrestricted manipulation of any virtual instrument with its exclusive interactive, full-co...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Catalog, control and map all of your favorite VST instruments with the Advance 61.
Akai's Advance 61 gives you unprecedented playability and unrestricted manipulation of any virtual instrument with its exclusive interactive, full-color display, complemented by performance-friendly hardware controls. This 61 key version fuses the power of software instruments with the live playability of a keyboard workstation, so you can create like never before. The dividing line between software and hardware instruments is finally gone.
The Advance Keyboards transform computer-based plugins into an entirely hands-on playing experience. The keyboard surface features an integrated high-resolution full-color 4.3" display, providing real-time control and feedback of all virtual instruments. The screen instantly adapts itself to the selected plugin's controls, delivering immediate 1:1 access to the instrument and various editable functions. Better yet, the Advance Keyboards work with any VSTi virtual instrument. Using the Advance Keyboard's custom-designed Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) software application, your entire VSTi library is controlled by one application. VIP operates as a plugin inside any major digital audio workstation (DAW) or as a stand-alone application on both Mac and Windows operating systems.
Sophisticated but Easy to Use
Dedicated physical controls are thoughtfully included, with RGB backlit, velocity- and pressure-sensitive pads on each keyboard surface. Rubberized pitch and modulation wheels provide simple, direct note manipulation with musically natural action. Easily-gripped, continuously-variable endless knobs let you make adjustments with granular or dramatic effect. Akai's custom semi-weighted, velocity-sensitive keybed supports aftertouch, making it the ideal keyboard for seasoned live performers and studio producers alike.
Everything You Need is Here
Included with each Advance Keyboard is the Virtual Instrument Player (VIP) application. VIP gives you immediate access to any virtual instrument in your collection-with or without a DAW-a powerful way to play virtual instruments live or integrate them into a recording session.
VIP software users can also create setlists that provide on-demand access to your customized instruments for stage performance and studio work. By simply pressing a single button on an Advance Keyboard, you can adapt to song changes as the live performance progresses-without ever reaching for your computer. That's what you want!
You'll also love VIP's facilities for hyper-fast instrument and patch browsing, key zone splitting, layering of up to 8 instruments per VIP instance, expansive custom mapping capabilities, and support for any VSTi plugin. You can run as many instances of the Virtual Instrument Player as your computer allows. VIP runs as a VSTi, AU, RTAS or AAX plugin, allowing you access to VSTi's in virtually any DAW, such as Pro Tools, Logic Pro X and Ableton Live.
With the Advance Keyboards, you get uninhibited access to any virtual instrument in your library without losing focus of the instrument in front of you. Nothing else can do that for you.
- Advance Keyboard
- Integrated 4.3" high-resolution full-color screen with dedicated interface buttons
- Screen provides 1:1, real-time feedback of plugin parametes
- 61 Premium, semi-weighted velocity-sensitive keybed aftertouch
- 8 large, endless and continuously variable control knobs
- 8 velocity- and pressure-sensitive MPC pads with RGB illumination
- Dedicated pad bank, transport control, octave, and performance buttons
- Note repeat, time-division, pattern arpeggiator, and tap-tempo buttons
- Rubberized Pitch and Modulation wheels
- Expression pedal and footswitch inputs
- USB and 5-pin MIDI Input/Output for use with any MIDI capable software or hardware
- Functions as a standalone controller
- Available in 25-, 49-, and 61- key sizes
- Virtual Instrument Player Software
- Plays virtually every VSTi-compatible plugin
- Operates as a standalone virtual instrument player for your computer
- Also operates as a plugin within any AU, VST, or AAX compatible DAW
- Organizes your plugin collection with intuitive browsing
- Access, edit and mix up to 8 virtual instruments at one time
- Setlist feature, switch between patches from any plugin instantly from the keyboard
- Extensive key zone splitting, custom mapping, and instrument mixing options
- Pre-mapped to hundreds of industry-leading virtual instruments
- Unlimited instances of VIP may be run in a DAW
Order the Advance 61 today for unprecedented control of your virtual instruments.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Easy To Use
- Good Quality
- Improves Sound
- Improves Workflow
Comments about Akai Professional Advance 61 MIDI Keyboard Controller:
I just got my Advance 61 about a week ago. First, let me say, I am really impressed. Setting the thing up requires half a day of downloading and installing. Once you get it working, it's practically like having a hardware synth for VSTs. The browser function lets you narrow down thousands of patches, across all loaded VSTs, quickly by highlighting a few adjectives. Looking for a WARM, WOBBLE, LEAD? Here's all of 'em! Take your pick! Now that you've got your patch loaded you can quickly modify the sound. The synth's most useful parameters automatically link to the 8 big knobs on top of the Advance, four banks worth, up to 32 continuous controls. You can dial the exact sound you're looking for in less than a minute , without grabbing for your mouse. It's like cutting out the middleman. More pros: you can load 8 patches into VIP simultaneously and layer them together, or split them into regions across the keyboard . The arpeggiator is totally controllable on the fly, from the board. Akai built this thing with an emphasis on live performance and it delivers ecstatically. The one potential pitfall is: every soft-synth has to be mapped for it to function in VIP. Akai is currently dedicated to doing this, and will continue to be as long as Advance keyboards remain profitable. Akai is really good at listening to suggestions and implementing ideas voiced on their website's forum. As long as people support this technology, and help it grow, the sky's the limit. If it's not supported by consumers, however, all that support from Akai might get too expensive and go away. Please, don't hesitate if you're thinking about buying this. It's the future of keys. I want to see it do well. Oh yeah, it looks cool too, with its multicolored light-up mpc pads!
- DEATH to INSPIRATION
- Difficult To Use
- Not Functional
- WASTE TIME
- PAPER WEIGHT
Comments about Akai Professional Advance 61 MIDI Keyboard Controller:
This thing is a nightmare!!!! I have wasted too many days trying to get the concept sold to us to come to fruition. All i have done is solve an issue only to run into another. I will be pawning mine i guess. I WILL NEVER BUY AN AKAI PRODUCT again after this experience. Absolutely horrible. I'm not an angry person, but Akai has managed to ADVANCE nothing other than my level of absolute frustration!!!!!