- Product H81344
Akai Professional MPC Fly Music Production Controller for iPad
- Write a Review
MPC Fly merges unmatched Akai Professional technology with the power of your iPad 2, embodying legendary capabilities that have made the MPC an indus...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Legendary MPC production pads and control designed for the iPad 2.
MPC Fly merges unmatched Akai Professional technology with the power of your iPad 2, embodying legendary capabilities that have made the MPC an industry standard. Now you can create beats literally on the “Fly,” with the 16 backlit genuine MPC pads, MPC Note Repeat and MPC Swing functions. The MPC Fly is compatible with virtually and Core MIDI app, and it features a built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery that will have you crafting sick beats, at home or out in the streets. Its multifunctional, double-hinged design gives you the flexibility to produce tracks anywhere, while also acting as a protective case between sessions and giving you total access to your iPad 2 for normal uses.
MPC Fly Hardware
The MPC Fly was crafted with detail to work in harmony with the iPad 2 to bring a sense of versatility in beat creation unmatched at its time. The fitted compartment that houses the iPad 2 provides a fully integrated portable MPC solution. With a double hinged case, the MPC Fly can support the iPad 2 in an upright position, can rest flat on the floor, or be closed for easy transportation.
Just because this is a portable version for the iPad, doesn’t mean you need to be left without the same professional MPC features that have become widely known in studios around the world. There are 16 backlit genuine MPC pads with the same look and feel as the original, so you can bang out beats just as ever before. Each pad is backlit for visibility and feature must have functions like MPC Note Repeat and MPC Swing, keeping the original workflow and production. The built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery will keep you mobile, so you can work on beats on the go and then transfer them to a Mac or PC for further polishing and mastering.
MPC Fly iPad App
While this versatile controller is perfectly capable of integrating with any core MIDI app, you will have a much better experience using the MPX Fly iPad App developed by Retronyms Software Studio. Designed specifically for iPad 2, the MPC app will allow you to sequence four tracks simultaneously with the built in four-track mixer, and easily allows you to record and overdub your own sequences and arrange your own programs and songs. Additional features are also loaded into the MPC Fly such as, time correct (1/8 note – 1/32T with variable swing setting); Note Repeat (1/8 note – 1/32T timing); 16 levels mode that allows you to play at 16 levels of attack, velocity, note, and tuning; and note variation slider that allows you to manipulate attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play. There are built-in effects like delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter, that will help you further shape your productions, and host of other professional software features like a built-in sound library and ability to sample your own sounds using the internal mic or a line in.
- The first MPC designed specifically for iPad 2
- Fitted compartment for iPad 2 provides fully integrated portable MPC solution
- 16 backlit genuine MPC pads with MPC Note Repeat & MPC Swing
- Works seamlessly with the MPC App: sequence & sample editing, effects, EQ and more
- Create beats on the go and transfer to a Mac or PC for further mastering
- Double-hinged case sits upright, lies flat or closes for transport
- Compatible with virtually any Core MIDI app
- Built-in rechargeable lithium-ion battery
- Charges iPad when plugged into wall power
- Designed for the iPad 2
- Sequence four tracks simultaneously: four-track mixer built in
- Record and overdub your own sequences
- Arrange your own programs and songs
- Time correct: 1/8 note – 1/32T with variable Swing setting
- Note Repeat: 1/8 note – 1/32T timing
- 16-Levels mode: play one sample at 16 levels of attack, velocity, length, and tuning
- Note variation slider allows you to manipulate attack, velocity, length, and tuning as you play
- Undo and delete samples
- Built-in effects: delay, bit crusher, master compressor/limiter
- Create and edit your own programs
- Built in sound library of samples and drum kits
- Sample using internal mic or line-in
- Sample from your iPod library with turntable interface
- Trim and categorize samples
- Export to your PC
- Share on SoundCloud, Facebook or Twitter
- MPC Fly Compatible Hardware
- Supports WIST, Wireless Sync Start protocol from Korg
- Supports AudioPaste
Order today, and literally create beats on the “Fly."
MPC Fly Music Production Controller for iPad
- Pads: 16-velocity sensitive with aftertouch. backlit by velocity
- UI Buttons: Ideal performance controls available, including:
- Note Repeat
- Transport Controls
- Mute / Solo
- Track Select
- Timing Correct
- Dimensions (HxWxD): 1-3/16” x 9-11/16” x Depth: 8” (30.5 x 246 x 203mm)
- Weight: 2.02 lb. (0.92kg)
- Power: Internal Li-ion battery, 6VDC/3A AC adaptor for charging MPC Fly and iPad2
- MPC App works with iPad & iPad 2
- (Hardware works with iPad 2 only)