- Musician's Friend Best Selection, Price & Service. Guaranteed.
Call our Gear Heads
Call our Gear Heads
Legendary MPC control and sound, in a slimmed down, low-profile design.
MPC Studio offers the most streamlined MPC experience yet. At under one-inch thin, with low-profile controls and a brushed aluminum body, it's made to move. MPC Studio merges real MPC pads, iconic workflow, and the same MPC Software used by MPC Renaissance to give you a fully integrated portable production solution. Welcome to production anywhere. The world is now your studio.
MPC Studio Hardware
The USB powered MPC Studio is a production powerhouse that was made to move around with ease. Now you can easily fuse the power of the MPC with the processing power of your laptop anywhere you wish to take it. The ultra compact design is less than 1" thick, making this unit able to neatly fit in most bags and cases with room to spare. There are 16 backlit genuine MPC style pads that give you the same legendary MPC workflow and MPX Swing. The overall design is sleek with low-profile knobs and an all aluminum body to protect the core components of the unit. The large LCD screen allows you to make tracks without the need to look at the computer screen, freeing you from constantly relying solely on your computer to produce music.
MPC Studio Software (version 1.4)
Akai's exclusive MPC software makes the transition from the original box to your computer a breeze. 128-Track sequencing ability will provide you with plenty of options when cruising through the massive 6GB+ sound library, including all of the sounds from the original MPC3000. There's instant mapping and real-time adjustment of VST plugins, and the ability to record each track as an MPC drum program, Keygroup program, or VST/AU program. The MPC Studio software supports WAV, MP3, AIFF, REX, and SND audio file types, as well as any samples and sequences from any MPC ever made. Use the software as a stand alone DAW or inside of your favorite workstation as a VST or AU plugin. The software is both Mac and PC compatible.
New features in version 1.4:
• 64-bit support for PC/Mac. The standalone application, VST and Audio Unit plug-ins now have 64-bit versions
• Ability to load samples when playing
• Ability to export return buses
• Auto-save function (see preferences window)
• Control surface buttons auto-repeat when you hold them down (useful for zoom, locate, etc.)
• Quick bank/mode selection via button double-tap. You can double-tap shift to enter "shift lock" mode. You can also double-tap bank/mode buttons directly
• Multiple file selection in file browser
• New file browser folder button behavior. The 1-5 buttons retain their stored location when you move away from them; the location can be set by press-and- hold
• QLink control of zoom and scroll in the sample editor
• Added a sample overview in sample editor
• LCD sample editor supports zoom and scroll
• MIDI clock receive
• Ability to alphabetically sort the samples list (see button over the Sample list)
• New command history window, with the ability to drag the undo position around (Edit>History...)
• Holding shift at startup skips any autoload files
The world is now your studio; order this super-thin version of the MPC today.
MPC Studio Slimline
Review Snapshot®by PowerReviews
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
Comments about Akai Professional MPC Studio Slimline:
I've wanted to work with an MPC< but the Renaiissance is old, and a lot of people talk about hardware issues with OS X Mavericks. So I went with the studio. It's awesome, you can do a lot of work working in the hardware interface, vs needing to work on the computer screen. When it gets to harder/complex stuff, switch back to the computer. When Akai comes out with a fully hardware version of the Renaissance (portable without your computer), I'll be jumping on that.