- J04957 000000000 J04957000000000
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Module
- Write a Review
Don't let its small size fool you. The Prophet 12 Module boasts the same power and sound as the Prophet 12 Keyboard. Each of the Prophet's twelve voi...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
All the power of the Prophet 12 keyboard, scaled down into a desktop module.
Don't let its small size fool you. The Prophet 12 Module boasts the same power and sound as the Prophet 12 Keyboard. Each of the Prophet's twelve voices is composed of a brand new hybrid digital/analog architecture that sounds different than any other DSI line of synths, yet retains the true Prophet vibe. With a humongous twelve voice polyphony, sophisticated architecture, and sleek design, the Prophet 12 is ready to handle any sound in any setting.
A voice as big as the rest
The Prophet 12's brand new hybrid voice has a digital front end followed by an all analog signal path output. Each voice has five high resolution digital oscillators, a digital character effects section, a resonant Curtis low-pass filter, a high-pass filter, a tune-able feedback circuit, a four-tap delay line with feedback per line, four loopable five-stage envelope generators, four syncable LFOs with slew and phase offset, a sophisticated arpeggiator, and a sixteen slot modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 modulation destinations. The Prophet 12 Module is packed with a plethora of sonic potential and power!
Frequency and amplitude modulate the oscillators with incredible accuracy. Freely assign oscillators in whatever operator and modulator configurations you choose. You can even assign each of the oscillators to modulate LFOs, envelopes, and filters.
All about control
The Prophet 12 Module's streamlined interface invites quick and easy control of every parameter on the synth. Each synth section can be selected at the press of a button with every parameter editable from the crisp OLED display. Easily create modulation assignments using the Assign Mod buttons. Dedicated Low and High Pass Filter potentiometers provide quick and smooth control of the filters.
The Prophet 12 Module has a rugged steel enclosure and is equally at home on your desk, in your rack, or on stage! An extensive MIDI implementation covers every available parameter on the synth and you can easily pair it with your favorite MIDI controller or DAW.
- Desktop or rackmount Prophet 12 sound module
- Hybrid voice with digital front end followed by an all analog signal path output
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice
- Five high-quality digital effects including Girth, Air, Hack, Decimate and Drive
- Quick and easy control of every synth parameter
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter
- Programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
Already have a keyboard? Then add this rackmounted Prophet to your studio today!
- Five DSP-based oscillators per voice (including one sine wave sub oscillator)
- Four classic wave shapes (saw, square, triangle, sine) per oscillator
- Twelve selectable complex shapes per oscillator
- Three noise types per oscillator: white, pink, violet
- Analog VCAs
- Shape modulation
- Oscillator cross modulation: frequency modulation (FM) and amplitude modulation (AM)
- Hard sync on each of the four oscillators
- Five high-quality digital effects. Thicken the signal and add harmonics or completely destroy the signal pre-filter.
- Girth and Air are high and low shelf equalizers with harmonic excitement. Useful for thickening and/or adding air to the signal.
- Hack and Decimate are sample and bit rate reduction algorithms which can add subtle grit or completely destroy the signal. It's harsh yet musical!
- Drive is a soft saturator for adding soft distortion and harmonic content to the signal
- Famed Curtis 2- or 4-pole resonant analog low-pass filter (self oscillates in 4-pole mode) per voice
- 2-pole resonant analog high-pass filter per voice
- Tuned feedback
- Four-tap syncable multi delay with feedback and amount per delay per voice
- Four Delay + ADSR envelopes (LPF, VCA , and two Auxiliary envelopes)
- Auxiliary envelopes 3 and 4 freely assignable to multiple modulation destinations
- All envelopes can repeat/loop
- Four syncable LFO's with phase offset and slew per LFO
- 16 x 2 modulation matrix with 26 mod sources and 97 mod destinations
- Modulation assignment buttons enable quick and easy modulation routing
- Sophisticated programmable arpeggiator with up, down, up+down, random, assign modes
- Re-latching arpeggiator
- Independent programmable stereo analog distortion per layer.
- 12 knobs and 34 buttons enable deep and comprehensive editing with little to no menu diving.
- Crisp OLED display is easily visible in low light situations and from many angles.
- 396 user and 396 factory programs
- Direct program access using numeric keypad and dedicated User, Factory, and Bank buttons
- Playlist mode for generating easily accessible setlists of your favorite programs. Create four play lists with up to forty programs each!
- 1 MIDI In, 1 MIDI out, and 1 MIDI Thru port
- USB port for bidirectional MIDI communication
- 1 Sustain/footswitch input
- 2 expression pedal inputs
- Main stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Layer B stereo output (2 x 1/4" phone jack)
- Headphone out (stereo 1/4" phone jack)
- External Power supply
- Operates worldwide on voltages between 100-240v, 50-60Hz
- Oiled walnut wood end panels
- 16.5" L x 6.8" W x 2.85" H (41.9 cm L x 17.3 cm W x 7.2 cm H)
- 4 lbs. 14 oz. (2.21 kg)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.