- H93937 000000000 H93937000000000
Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Polyphonic Synthesizer
- Write a Review
Dave Smith Instruments unleashes the Prophet 12 Synthesizer. Using 35 years of experience building synths, Dave Smith has created what he calls his "...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Derived from 35 years of master synth design knowledge.
Dave Smith Instruments unleashes the Prophet 12 Synthesizer. Using 35 years of experience building synths, Dave Smith has created what he calls his "best synth yet." By combining the finest qualities of the Prophet '08 and Poly Evolver keyboards, adding a ton of new features, and bumping up the voice-count to 12, the Prophet 12 is well worthy of the name. As with all Dave Smith keyboards, the Prophet 12 has a knob-per-function interface that lets you start designing sounds immediately without having to dive through pages of confusing menus.
At twelve voices, the Prophet 12 boasts the greatest polyphony of any instrument designed by Smith. Each voice features four oscillators capable of generating classic and complex waveforms, a sub-oscillator, resonant analog low- and high-pass filters, and analog VCAs. The new Character section adds a variety of wave shaping and sound sculpting options, like Drive, Hack, Decimation, Girth, and Air. Additional features include a tuned feedback path, a four-tap stereo delay per voice, expanded arpeggiator functionality, deep modulation capabilities, and bi-timbral operation. The LFOs, delay, and arpeggiator can all be synced, either to the internal clock or an external MIDI clock. Two programmable position- and pressure-sensitive touch sliders take the performance controls beyond the standard pitch and mod wheels (also included).
- Designed from 35 years of master synth buliding
- Twelve voices, highest polyphony of any instrument designed by Dave Smith
- Knob-per-function interface makes sound design easy, no need to dig through menus
- 4 Oscillators and a sub-oscilaatos per voice
- Unique character section helps shape sound
- Analog low-pass and high-pass filters
- Tuned feedback and quad multi-mode delay per voice
- Dual position and pressure sensitive sliders, same ones found on the Tempest
- Dual-stereo analog distortion helps trash-up signals as desired
One of the biggest names in synths just got bigger. Order the Prophet 12 for your studio today.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy to Use
- Very Inspirational
- Electronic Music
Comments about Dave Smith Instruments Prophet 12 Polyphonic Synthesizer:
SOMETHING HAPPENED TO THE MAIN BOARD AS I SAID ON THE PREVIOUS COMMENT, COULD HAD BEEN A VOLTAGE CHANGE THAT HAPPENED A WEEK BEFORE, I DONT KNOW, BUT THEY SENT ME A NEW ONE AT NO COST, ALSO THE BOARD WITH THE WOBBLE POT WAS SENT TO ME FOR REPLACEMENT. IT SURPRISED ME HOW EASSY IS TO FIX THIS SYNTH, YOU JUST DO IT YOUR SELF. IT LIFTS LIKE A CAR HOOD AND STAYS THERE, THEN YOU CAN EASILY REMOVE ANY OF THE BOARDS, AND REPLACE WITH THE NEW ONES. THE FORMULA ONE OF SYNTHS. STELLAR COMPANY. GREAT SYNTH. YOU CAN GET LOST IN A PLETHORA OF SOUNDS. HOPE MY PREVIOUS COMMENT COULD BE ERASED.