- Product 700642
Evolution MK-425C MIDI Controller
- Write a Review
The Evolution MK-425C MIDI Controller is armed with 8 assignable rotary knobs, 10 assignable buttons, and 25 full-size touch-sensitive keys, giving t...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Tons of touchable controls and great flexibility.
The Evolution MK-425C MIDI Controller is armed with 8 assignable rotary knobs, 10 assignable buttons, and 25 full-size touch-sensitive keys, giving the extreme hands-on control needed for all your music software and hardware. Even the pitch-bend and modulation wheels are both fully assignable, as is the footswitch socket -- perfect for punch in/out recording or activating record without having to take your hands off the keyboard. All in all, this puts a total of 21 assignable controllers at your fingertips.
The MK-425C's unique controller mute function mutes the output of all controllers, allowing you to position them before tweaking, so there's no more annoying jumping filters or levels during your performance. Plus, it's great for killing tracks/effects then slamming them back in.
10 pre-configured presets are included with the MK-425C synth, making it instantly usable with the most popular plug-ins, virtual instruments, and host applications. Creating your own custom-made setups is quick and easy. All of the 21 realtime controllers can be programmed with the numerical keypad which, combined with the backlit LCD display, makes it a breeze. Each controller can also be set up to transmit on separate MIDI channels and complete setups can be stored in any of the 10 memory locations for recalling at any time.
In addition to standard controller numbers, the Evolution MK-425C has RPN/NRPN and pre-programmed Sys-Ex messages, for realtime access to parameters beyond immediate reach on products such as SoundBlaster, XG, and GM compatible soundcards. The Sys-Ex dump command allows the entire content of the memory to be sent from the keyboard and a librarian program for PC users is included for saving, editing, and sharing keyboard setups.
The MK-425C midi keyboard controller connects to a PC or Mac using the included USB cable. The keyboard is even powered via USB, or alternatively with an optional power supply. As with all Evolution controllers, the MK-425C is Class compliant, so no drivers are required when using Windows XP or Mac OSX. This is one smart way to take control of all your MIDI.
The conventional MIDI output on the back of the keyboard has been included for operation with a traditional MIDI gear or non-USB computer setups. Used in USB mode, the MIDI output acts as a USB-to-MIDI output interface.
- 25 full-size touch sensitive keys
- Function buttons make programming quick and easy, even while you're playing. Instantly program any of the 21 MIDI assignable controllers with MIDI channels, Bank LSB/MSB, RPN/NRPN, program change, recall and storing of presets plus more.
- Independent channel assign for all 21 controllers
- Unique controller mute function mutes the output of all controllers allowing you to position them to the value you want before tweaking
- No more annoying jumping filters or levels during your performance
- Back-lit LCD display shows stacks of controller information
- Visual feedback ensures that no programming or operation is done blindly onstage or in a dark studio
- 10 MIDI assignable buttons double up as an essential data entry pad
- Global channel assign allows any given set of controllers to control up to 16 different channels at the touch of a button, while others can keep their channel setting
- Snap Shot mode sends out current status for all controllers.
- 10 memory locations for storing user setups
- Memory dump facility
- Sys-Ex librarian software allows PC users to load, save, send, and receive any combination of setups for your studio
- Pitchbend and mod wheels are both MIDI assignable for unique thumb-control effects
- Separate octave shift buttons provide instant access to 10 octaves
- Double-press function transposes the keyboard
- Footswitch socket can be used with any polarity switch and is fully MIDI assignable
- Software included:
- SysEx Librarian (PC only)
- Sound Studio II (PC only)
Get physical with your music software, order today.
- Software Requirements:
- Pentium II 300MHz 128Mb RAM or better, USB socket, Windows 98/ME/2000/XP, approved MME or ASIO compliant soundcard.
- iMac, Power Mac G3 or better with USB running OS9/OSX.
- Keyboard powered by USB (cable included) or 9V DC, 250-300mA centre positive power adaptor (not included).
- Keyboard Requirements:
- PC/Mac or MIDI hardware with USB or MIDI In.
- Dimensions (cm):
- 48 x 21 x 10
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I bought this little guy to help me learn midi and it worked for that. I am hoping to upgrade to the 61 key axiom keyboard next. But for for 100 bucks, the 425c is handy and fun. Good if you aren't an experienced two handed player and extremely portable (I was creating music on the lake in a houseboat). The beauty of midi is that if you get something small like this, and you upgrade, you can still use the small one for a backup, or an extra controller on a different midi channel. The point is, I like it and unless you need the feel of weighted keys, you will like it too. The knobs are par and the keys are ho hum, but for an entry level controller at 100 dollars, you can't ask for more.
This USB controller is the best one out there! The keys feel great, plus it has 8 assignable knobs and 10 buttons. I also didn't have to go fishing for drivers when I plugged it in. My computer recognized it, and so did Propellerheads Reason. If you're looking for an excellent, affordable USB MIDI controller, this is it!