- Product 709312
Moog PB-001 PianoBar
- Write a Review
It attaches to any acoustic piano in minutes without modification, providing a MIDI output for layering with or replacing the original sound, or for ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Transforms any 88-key acoustic piano into an expressive new instrument.
It attaches to any acoustic piano in minutes without modification, providing a MIDI output for layering with or replacing the original sound, or for easily interfacing studio pianos with scoring, sequencing, and notation programs. It works by means of a scanner bar that sits just over the keys against the fall board, and a pedal scanner that sits just under the pedals to register their motion. The scanners feed note, velocity, and pedal information to a module that converts it to MIDI to trigger any of 300 sounds with up to 16 simultaneously. 100 preset MIDI configurations are built-in with user-programmable zones, volume, velocity curves, and other functions in 20 user setups. MIDI sounds can be layered with the acoustic sounds to add a new dimension to your music.
Here are some of the applications of the PianoBar:
Choose from a collection of more than 300 instruments, 16 at a time, to layer with the sound of your acoustic piano.
Aid to Composition
Interface the PianoBar to composition software (like Sibelius) and watch your score instantly appear as sheet music on a lap top.
New Tool for Piano Teachers
Play a MIDI file into the Control Module. Watch as the LEDs above each key light-up showing chord changes, patterns, or riffs - great for visual learners!
Play a MIDI file from a computer into the PianoBar and convert your piano into a virtual player piano!
Order the optional Library Card to save your user setups.
Have a piano with tall casters? Order the optional Pedal Sensor Elevator.
- Attaches to any acoustic piano in minutes without modification
- Provides a MIDI output for layering with or replacing the original sound
- Allows interfacing of studio pianos with scoring, sequencing and notation programs
- 16 MIDI channels
- 300 built-in sounds
- 100 preset MIDI configurations or setups
- Programmable zones, volumes, velocity curves and other functions
- 20 user locations for modified setups
Order today and bridge the acoustic-MIDI gap!
- The Moog PianoBar turns an acoustic piano into a MIDI controller. It consists of:
- The Scanner Bar
- The Pedal Sensor
- The Control Module
- The Library Card
- A Carrying Case
- Scanner Bar
- The Scanner Bar rests on the piano's cheekblocks against the fallboard. It sits slightly above the piano's keys, without touching them.
- Dimensions: 50-1/4" x 2-1/2" x 7/16"
- Weight: 8 lbs.
- - Connects to the Control Module with a 6-foot detachable cable (provided).
- - Detects the motion of the piano's keys when they are played.
- - Detects the Velocity of the piano key's motion.
- - Sets up and calibrates in 5 minutes or less. No special expertise required.
- - adjustments for height and key spacing to accommodate a wide variety of 88-key acoustic pianos.
- - requires flat cheek blocks of at least 1" in width.
- Pedal Sensor
- Rests underneath the piano's pedals.
- Dimensions: 10" x 3" x 3/4"
- Weight: 1/4 lb.
- - Detects the use of the Sustain and Soft Pedals.
- - Connects to the Control Module with a 15-foot detachable cable (provided).
- Control Module
- As the brains of the PianoBar, the Control Module receives information from the Scanner Bar and Pedal Sensor and turns it into MIDI data.
- Dimensions: 9" x 5" x 3"
- Weight: 2 lbs.
- Power Requirements: +12VDC, 830 mA; Center-positive barrel connector.
- (2) 1/4" Audio Outputs
- 1/8" Headphone Output
- MIDI In and Out
- (3) Expression Pedal Inputs
- Library Card Slot
- ScannerBar and Pedal Sensor Inputs.
- - Translates the motion of keys and pedals to MIDI
- - Transmits and Receives on up to 16 MIDI channels.
- - Internal Sound Generator features a General MIDI 2 sound set: 64 voice polyphony; 16-part multitimbral; 300 high quality sounds.
- - 100 Setups: 60 user, 20 card, 20 factory. Setups configure the 16 MIDI channels: sound, volume, MIDI routing, Zones, velocity curve, pan, transpose and effects.
- Library Card
- Memory device and spacer for Scanner Bar Setup.
- Dimensions: 1" x 1 1/2" x 1/4".
- Weight 2 oz.
- - Stores up to 20 Setups.
- - Used as a spacer to quickly set the correct height of the Scanner Bar.
- Carrying Case
- Dimensions: 52 1/4" x 16 1/2" x 4"
- Weight (including PianoBar components): 16 lbs.
- - Rugged Molded Case for easy transport of Moog PianoBar components.