- Product H86809
Nord ELECTRO 4D SW61 61-Key Keyboard
- Write a Review
The Electro 4D builds on all the features of Nord's award-winning Electro 3 series and adds the physical drawbars from the C2D packed into an ultra-p...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
All the features of the Electro 3 series, plus new physical drawbars, and more in a 61-note Semi Weighted Waterfall keybed.
The Electro 4D builds on all the features of Nord's award-winning Electro 3 series and adds the physical drawbars from the C2D packed into an ultra-portable, lightweight 61-note keyboard with a Semi Weighted Waterfall keybed.
As mentioned above, the Electro 4D sports one setup of physical drawbars of the same type as on Nord's flagship organ, the Nord C2D, perfect for actively shaping your sound on-the-fly. The organ can be split for compact dual manual action and its even possible to assign the lower manual to a second MIDI keyboard. Furthermore, the Electro 4D naturally has inputs for a Swell pedal and for controlling the Rotary Speaker.
The Nord Electro 4D also features the B3 tone wheel organ engine from the C2D and includes a redesigned Key Click simulation as well as the Rotary Speaker simulation of a vintage 122 unit with a great new overdrive. The percussion model has been improved to offer increased control over the percussion levels when playing near-legato. Naturally, the vibrato and chorus scanners have been carefully modeled to be just as alive as the tone wheels.
The 4D's Farfisa and Vox models are just as impressive as the B3, simulating the behavior and unique response of the original instruments. The Farfisa Compact Deluxe, considered by many to be the mother of transistor organs, involves routing matrixes and complex filter combinations that offer a tailored sound with massive energy and high-end. The Vox Continental gives you a more hollow tone with very intense character. Both these transistor organs have their own unique, irreplaceable personalities. Combine them with any of the Amp simulations, add some distortion, adjust the EQ, and they will definitely get you through any organ gig with flying colors.
The Electro 4D comes loaded with a selection of amazing sounds from the Nord Piano Library (with 185MB dedicated memory) - their specialized library for Grand, Upright and Electrical Pianos, Clavinet, and Harpsichords.
All the sounds have been recorded using state-of-the-art sampling techniques to capture the extraordinary nuances and unique characters of the source instruments and covers everything from brilliant, factory-new Grand Pianos to detuned upright bar pianos with tons of charm. The entire Nord Piano Library is included on DVDs and new additions can be downloaded free on the Nord Piano Library page. Replacing the sounds in your Nord Electro 4D is as simple as dragging and dropping files in the Nord Sound Manager for Mac and Windows.
The Nord Electro 4D includes the optional Long Release feature, suitable for legato playing styles and has an ON/OFF button for the String Resonance (Gen 1) feature on Grand and Upright Pianos.
Nord Sample Library and Sample Editor
The Nord Electro 4D also supports the Nord Sample Library, giving you access to their exclusively licensed Mellotron and Chamberlin sounds and a wide selection of over 1000 quality sounds from leading sample producers which are updated on a regular basis. As a Nord 4D owner you'll be able to download them for free!
The included Nord Sample Editor makes it possible to add any sound you want to your Electro 4D. The Sample Editor can use audio files in the .wav format and has great tools to assist you in getting the results you want. Mapping several samples across the keyboard or creating seamless loops has never been easier.
The Electro 4D has 68 MB of memory dedicated to samples and our efficient lossless compression algorithm makes it possible for us to use samples of up to three times the size compared to a standard linear sample player.
The extensive Effect section on the Electro 4D has great, tweakable effects for instantly adding some dirt, glimmer, or atmosphere to your sound. Its Amp/Speaker simulation features the same Vintage 122 Rotary Speaker simulations as found in the Nord C2D. Also, there's a flexible Stereo Delay effect with Tap-Tempo and Ping-Pong mode.
Effect 1 - Pan, Tremolo, Auto-wah (stereo)
Effect 2 - Phaser, Flanger and Chorus (stereo)
Delay - Stereo delay effect with Tap Tempo button and Ping-Pong modeNEW
Three band EQ, with sweepable mid
Compressor/Amp - Twin, JC, Small, Rotary and Compressor
Reverb with six algorithms - Room 1 & 2, Stage 1 & 2, Hall 1 & 2
Changing, editing, and storing presets is a breeze and there is even 4 Live memory locations that automatically saves what you're doing. The Program memory can hold 128 different Programs, and these are organized in 4 Program Banks with 32 Pages each. All Nord instruments have dedicated knobs and buttons for all vital functions to keep the interface simple and easy to use during a performance. Functions only accessible through menus are printed on the panel for easy overview.
The 61-key Semi Weighted Waterfall (C-C) is naturally brilliant for organ chops but even works great for piano parts. Each Fatar keybed is meticulously calibrated at the Nord factory to ensure an even response over the whole range.
- Piano and Sample Library Section
- 5 selectable types of pianos - Grand, Upright, EPiano, Wurl & Clav/Harpsichord. Each type can contain several different models.
- 185MB of the flash memory is allocated to the piano types
- Each and every piano in the Electro 4D is replacable by the user. New models can be uploaded to the Electro 4D using the Nord Sound Manager application
- String Resonance-control (ON/OFF)
- Long release
- The Sample Library section can contain up to 50 samples from the Nord Sample Library
- 68MB of the flash memory is allocated to samples
- Stereo pianos and samples can be played back in mono
- 40-60 Voices polyphony for Piano Library sounds. 15 Voices for Sample Library sounds.
- Organ Section
- 3 classic organ models: B3, Vox Continental, and Farfisa with full polyphony
- B3 Tone Wheel Organ engine from Nord C2D Combo Organ
- 9 physical drawbars
- 2 complete organ registrations for every program
- Percussion with 2nd, 3rd, normal/soft, fast/slow for the B3 model
- User-adjustable percussion levels, percussion decays and keyclick level
- Vibrato / Chorus Control with separate functionality for each model (the classic C1, C2, C3, V1, V2, V3 options for the B3, Vibrato for the Farfisa)
- 4 Tonewheel modes: select the level of "vintage" you wish to have in your B3 sound
- MIDI Split: By connecting an extra MIDI keyboard, it can be used as a dual manual (Lower/Upper) organ with different drawbar settings for each manual
- Effects Section
- Effect 1 - pan, tremolo, auto-wah, pedal-wah and ringmodulator
- 3 selectable depths for the pan and tremolo, rate controlled with the Effect 1 Rate knob
- Control pedal assigned to pedah-wah and ring modulator depth
- Effect 2 - phaser, flanger and chorus
- 3 selectable depths, rate controlled with the Effect 2 Rate knob
- Comp/Amp - three amp/speaker simulations, compressor and rotary speaker
- Drive/Compression amount controlled with the Drive knob
- Rotary speed controls - Slow, Fast and Stopped
- Close or Normal microphone placement for 122 Rotary Speaker simulation
- User-adjustable rotary treble and bass rotor speeds and acceleration rates
- 3-band EQ, with sweepable mid. +/- 15dB gain/attenuationDelay Effect - Rate, Amount, Tap-tempo and Stereo Ping Pong
- Reverb with five algorithms - Room, Stage Soft, Stage, Hall, Hall Soft
- Dry/Wet control
- 2 Audio outputs L & R - 1/4", 6.35mm jacks, unbalanced
- 1 Monitor input - 1/8", 3.5mm stereo jack
- 1 Headphone output - 1/4", 6.35mm stereo jack
- 1 Control pedal input - 1/4", 6.35mm TRS stereo jack, like Yamaha FC7, Roland EV-7, Roland EV-5, Korg EXP2 and Korg XVP10.
- 1 Sustain pedal input - 1/4", 6.35mm jack. Use a momentary pedal, like e.g, Roland DP-2, DP-6, Yamaha FC-4, FC-5, Fatar VFP1-25 etc.
- 1 Rotary Speaker speed switch pedal input - 1/4", 6.35mm jack. Use a momentary pedal or a switch type pedal
- MIDI In, MIDI Out - 5-pin DIN connectors
- USB - type B connector - for transferring sounds and USB-MIDI
- IEC320 C18 power connector
- Included Accessories
- User Manual
- Power cord
Click or order the 4D today to experience Nord's top-notch technology.
ELECTRO 4D SW61 61-Key Keyboard
- Dimensions: 900mm (35.4") x 100mm (3.9") x 300mm (11.8")
Weight: 7.65kg (15.3lb.)
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
- Realistic Sound
- Electronic Music
Comments about Nord ELECTRO 4D SW61 61-Key Keyboard:
I knew the board wasn't weighted when I got it but I wasn't prepared for the action. I'm used to weighted keys on the Korg SV-1. I didn't like the feel in the action or the size of keys on the Electro 4D. On the other hand great sounds and really very light. Next time I'll have to test a board out at a store before I order online.
- Easy to Use
- Improved Leslie Sim
- Improved Tonewheel Sound
- Realistic Sound
- Responsive / Good Action
- Can't Split Organpiano
- Only Organ Or Other Sound
- Anything Musical
- Electronic Music
Comments about Nord ELECTRO 4D SW61 61-Key Keyboard:
I've owned an Electro 2/61 for about 8 years now, and it's been my workhorse keyboard. I do many outdoor concerts and the drawbutton display easily gets washed out in sunlight, so the inclusion of physical drawbars (complete with a "clicky" feel) will eliminate that issue. The organ and rotary sim in the 4D is a quantum leap above the 2, and the adjustable keyclick, usable overdrive, rotary adjustments, and tonewheel choices allow me to fine tune the sound to my personal preference. The accoustic and electric pianos are still high quality, and the ability to use Nords' extensive online library of samples allows me to leave additional tone modulles at home and just use one board, making setup, breakdown, and transport quick and easy.
This latest version of a proven winner provides the most bang for my buck and allows me to enjoy gigging even more.