- Product 583657
Novation Nocturn 49 MIDI Controller Keyboard
- Write a Review
The Novation Nocturn 49 MIDI Keyboard is an intelligent plug-in/sequencer controller with a high quality 'Fatar' keyboard. The Nocturn 49 also has 8 ...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An amazing MIDI plugin/sequencer controller with a Fatar keyboard and problem solving Automap control software
The Novation Nocturn 49 MIDI Keyboard is an intelligent plug-in/sequencer controller with a high quality 'Fatar' keyboard. The Nocturn 49 also has 8 drum pads and a total of 33 assignable controls. Use the Nocturn 49 to get hands-on control of your plug-in instruments, effects and sequencer.
Most keyboard controllers have 2 big problems: The idea of being able to control software parameters with knobs and buttons sounds great. However, the hassle of assigning them, and remembering what they are assigned to becomes so tedious that you usually end up turning back to your mouse.
The Novation Nocturn 49 Keyboard's Automap control software solves both these problems. To assign controllers, simply click on the parameter, touch a knob or button, and it is assigned! It also enables you to keep track of what is assigned to what. Instead of using a small monochrome LCD screen, Nocturn Keyboard displays control information where you really need it: on your computer monitor. The Automap software graphically displays Nocturn's control surface. The controllers themselves also tell you what is going on: LED rings around the 8 encoders show their current settings, and LED's behind the buttons tell you if they are on or off.
Apart from from high quality hardware, what really sets the Novation Nocturn 49 Keyboard apart is the Automap control software. Automap is now even more powerful and easy to use. Nocturn Keyboard ships with Automap standard, which acts as a software interface for the unit.
Automap enables you to map parameters in your software plug-ins, straight to dials and buttons on the controller by simply clicking on a parameter, then touching the controller. There is no longer any need to sift through long lists of MIDI continuous controller numbers. This applies to encoders, control-buttons, drumpads, modulation wheel, sustain and expression pedals; Automap can instantly assign them all to software parameters. Automap can integrate with Logic, ProTools, Digital Performer and any other HUI compatible sequencers, using the HUI control protocol.
Displaying Control Information
The Automap GUI graphically displays all the controls on Nocturn Keyboard, visually showing you what software parameter is assigned to each control, exactly as it is laid out on the unit. You can also name each control, turning the GUI into a giant screen where all information is instantly displayed and updated. With this, there is no need for a tiny LCD screen on the unit, which can only display very limited information.
Automap will automatically assign knobs and buttons to parameters on a huge number of the most popular plug-ins. We are constantly building more maps which are available on the community pages of the Novation website. Nocturn Keyboard will automatically assign controllers to mixer and transport functions in all major DAWs/sequencers.
Nocturn Keyboard can be set up for use as a serious DAW/sequencer controller, as well as its ground-breaking Automap control of all VST/AU/RTAS/TDM plug-ins. Nocturn integrates with major DAWs including Ableton, Pro Tools, Record/Reason, Logic, Cubase, Sonar, Reaper, DP, And Traction.
- Velocity-sensitive, keyboard from Fatar, with assignable after-touch
- Illuminated controls provide instant visual feedback
- Touch-sensitive encoders
- Automap control Software
- 8 Velocity-sensitive drumpads
- Total of 33 MIDI assignable controls
- Speed Dial
- USB Powered
Get control of your software! Order today.
- Assignable controls:
- 8 Encoders (Infinite Rotation) with touch-sensitivity and 11 segment Led rings
- Touch sensitive Speed Dial
- 14 Buttons with integrated LEDs, 6 of which are lockable transport controls
- 8 soft feel Trigger pads
- Sprung pitch wheel
- Modulation wheel
- System buttons:
- General Automap Operation Buttons (Learn, View, Browser Groups etc.)
- Octave up/down buttons with LED indicator
- Button to lock/unlock transport controls
- Rear Panel connections are as follows:
- Data Port: 1 x USB (Win XP/Vista and Mac OSX) ”Class Compliant
- Sustain Pedal: 1 x ¼ Jack Input
- Expression pedal: 1 x ¼ Jack Input
- Power switch: USB
- Mac OSX 10.4.11 or greater (Leopard also supported) or Windows XP with Service Pack 2 or greater (Vista 32/64 also supported)
- Minimum Computer spec: Mac “ G4/1GHz, both with 512MB RAM or PC “
- Pentium 4/1GHz/512MB RAM (machines running Vista will require a higher spec)
- USB 1.1 and USB 2.0 compatible
- Dimension (W x H x D): 798 x 68 x 260mm
- Weight: 3.8kg