- Product 703229
Open Labs MIKO LX4 2.4GHz Core2Quad Keyboard Workcenter
- Write a Review
The Open Labs MiKo LX4 Keyboard Workcenter is an entirely new class of portable music instrument specifically designed for electronic musicians. Buil...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
The Open Labs MiKo LX4 Keyboard Workcenter is an entirely new class of portable music instrument specifically designed for electronic musicians. Built using PC-architecture, a 15" touch-screen, and the Windows OS, MiKo's optimized Windows OS natively supports virtually any music application or plug-in developed for a PC. From Pro Tools to Nuendo, Native Instruments to Spectrasonics, DJ to VJ, Miko does it all with ease.
Today's modern music production is dominated by computers. Nearly every kind of instrument and piece of audio gear has been recreated as a computer application or virtual instrument equaling or exceeding the performance of the original. Since virtual instruments do not have to exist within the limitations of the analog or hardware world, they provide almost limitless creative opportunities for musicians.
While computer-based music does make many aspects of the process more efficient it can be a burden to with technical tasks like getting the computer, multiple applications, and controllers to work together and actually make music. Some embrace the technical challenge, some endure it, and others just give up and end up with music technology museums in their closets.
MiKo LX4 offers all of this in a super mobile, compact package. The Open Labs LX4 is ideal for working in a project studio or performing live--where creating beats, guitar, vocal multi-tracking, and DJ/VJ capabilities are as necessary as playing keyboard.
The MiKo's assignable Master and DJ controllers elevate live performance to the stratosphere. For example, you can trigger MP3's in real time, grab audio waveforms via the touchscreen, and top things off by throwing in some real-time drum, bass, and vocal lines down on top of your mix.
Back in the studio, kick back and re-assign your MiKo's controllers as a channel strip for Cubase LE, or task them to tweak your VST's while you audition them by the dozen. Whatever moves you to create your music, MiKo can make it happen.
Need some help? Open Labs instruments are equipped with an Ethernet port allowing access to the Internet via a broadband connection. You can then log-in to Open Labs tech support where their online technicians can remotely view and diagnose any issue ” right in your own studio.
It comes included with over 60 world-class virtual instruments and effects, over 1,000 presets, for unlimited capability for user presets.
This MiKo LX4 delivers tons of performance firepower with an ultra-fast CPU and additional memory to take the enhanced Open Labs software bundle to warp speed. Plus, the included MimiK cloning software frees you from having to haul any other keyboards or modules to a gig. Other features that will help you complete your dream of making original music include a 37-key semi-weighted synth action keyboard with Fatar Technology, Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels, a Trackpad with 2 buttons, a Keyboard ("QWERTY") module, an Alpha Control Module (5 Faders, 5 Modes Buttons, 3 Transpose Buttons, 5 Directions Buttons and 5 Transport Buttons), and a DJ Module (Penny and Giles Cross-Fader, 7 Knobs and 12 Buttons). It also has a PreSonus FireBox audio interface built-in so when you add a guitar, bass, vocals, or any other instrument to the mix, you'll be getting premium audio quality. And, when all is said and done, you can produce your finished products on the built-in high-speed dual-layer 8.5GB/Disk CD/DVD burner.
The PreSonus FireBox is a 24-bit/96kHz FireWire Recording System with a 6-in, 10-out computer recording interface. It boasts 2 crystal-clear Class A preamps with 45dB gain, ultra-wide 10Hz-50kHz frequency response, and professional 24-bit/96kHz converters with 110dB dynamic range for a big, musical sound.
It has 2 mic/instrument preamps with 48V phantom power conveniently located on the front panel. It gives you 2 balanced TRS line inputs, 6 balanced TRS analog outs, as well as MIDI and S/PDIF I/O. You can record through 6 inputs and playback through 8 outputs simultaneously. It also has a stereo headphone output and the main volume control on the front panel.
The FireBox is compatible with both Windows XP and Mac OS X and is compatible with many popular ASIO/WDM and Core Audio based applications including Sonar, Cubase, Nuendo, Logic, Digital Performer, Premier, and many others.
- 37-key semi-weighted synth action keyboard with Fatar Technology
- Pitch Bend and Modulation Wheels
- Trackpad with 2 buttons
- Keyboard ("QWERTY") module
- Built-in PreSonus FireBox
- Alpha Control Module (5 Faders, 5 Modes Buttons, 3 Transpose Buttons, 5 Directions Buttons and 5 Transport Buttons)
- DJ Module: Penny and Giles Cross-Fader, 7 Knobs and 12 Buttons
- Whisper quiet cooling fans for internal chassis, processor & power supply
- Storage: 500GB, 7200RPM HD; Upgradeable to 1.5 Terabytes
- High-speed dual-layer 8.5GB/Disk CD/DVD burner
- Audio I/O:High performance audio I/O Card with Low Latency including 24-bit/96kHz professional 4-in/6-out
- 2 mic/instrument preamp inputs (with Phantom Power 48V), 2 analog line inputs, 6 analog line outputs, S/PDIF digital I/O (coaxial)
- Internal 15" color touch screen LCD with high resolution (1024 x 768) External VGA port for running dual monitors or a video projector
- Midi In/Out, Sustain port, Expression port, 2 USB 2.0 ports, FireWire 400 port, Gigabit (10/100/1000) ethernet port, headphone jack with volume control
- Microsoft Windows XP Home, Open Labs custom GUI (Graphic User Interface), Open Labs mFusion, Open Labs Karsyn, Open Labs MimiK, PC Angel, E-MU Proteus X2 Streaming Sound Module V2.5
- PREMIUM Factory Sound Library V4:
- 22,784 presets (over 25GB of sounds) from over 60 virtual instruments including: including E-MU's Ensoniq Urban Legends, Mo'Phatt X, Vintage X Pro Collection, Virtuoso X, and X2 Production Library, Truepianos, WusikStation V4, Extra Wusik Sound Libraries (Wusik Sound Magazine 1-13, HQ Strings, Choirs, GM), Purity, Lennex Sylenth 1, VB3 OL SE, Mr. Ray22, Mr. Ray73, Mr. Tramp, Organized Trio V3, Realguitar V2.1 OL SE, Discovery V2.10 OL SE, Vertigo V2.6 OL SE, HighLife V1.4, WIVI Trial Edt., Suburban Guitarist, Lollapalooza Lite OL SE, BB303i V2, Synth 1, Addictive Drums Demo, Ticky Clav, Delay Lama, Crystal V2.4, Sun RA, String Theory V1.5, Texture V1.2, Rez V2, Motion V2.8, Plugsound Free, Mini Dizi, Mini Erhu, EPiano Module, Rhodes Module, Bass Module, Rock, SFZ Player Free, Bass Line, UltraSonique V1.1, Syncoder 32-2, Spook Keys, Super Spook Keys, Cubix V1.0.1, Minimal V1.5, Optik V1.4, Pandemonium V2, X-Fortuna, Lazer Blade Free, Protoplasm 21 Free, STS-25 Free, Ph0ne, Rogue, MicroSynt, Artphase V1.5, Mr. Alias V1.02, Blood Bucket V1, Monolisa V1.12, String Synth, PhadiZ, and Accordion, Reaper, Cubase LE, Livid Union
- Other sounds
- E-MU Proteus 2000, E-MU Mo'Phatt, E-MU Modular System, Ensoniq EPS /EPS 16+, Ensoniq ASR 10, Ensoniq ASR-X, Ensoniq ZR76, Ensoniq MR61, ARP 2600, ARP Axxe, Roland JD800, Roland Jupiter 8, Roland JX-8P, Roland TB-303 Bass Line, Roland Juno 60, Moog Memorymoog, Mini Moog, Moog Taurus Pedals, Sequential Circuits Prophet 10, Sequential Circuits Prophet 600, Elka Rhapsody, Mellotron Mark II, Korg MS20, Solina, Oberheim OB & X, Hammond B3, Rhodes Electric Piano, Hohner Clavinet, Yamaha CP-70, Wurlitzer Electric Piano
- Included Accessories:
- AC cord
- Start guide
- Owner's manual (PDF)
- Motherboard manual
- 2 Open Labs sounds and drivers DVDs
- 3 Utility CDs
- 3 Reference maps
- 2.5mm wrench
- Additional screws and washers for hard-drive upgrade
- Presonus FireBox
- 24-bit/96kHz FireWire recording interface
- 2 front panel inputs with preamps and 48V phantom power
- 2 balanced TRS line inputs
- 6 balanced TRS analog outs
- MIDI I/O
- S/PDIF I/O
- Recording and playback through 6 inputs and 8 outputs simultaneously
- Stereo headphone output
- Volume control
MIKO LX4 2.4GHz Core2Quad Keyboard Workcenter
- Dimensions: 36"(W) x 7"(H) x 20"(D)
Weight: 35 lbs.
500-watt power supply
CPU: Core2Quad Quad-core 64-bits (2.4GHz)
Memory: 2GB RAM
3 PCI slots (2 available for upgrades), 3 PCI-E slots (2 available for upgrades), 2 3.5" bays: one start up drive and one available for upgrade, 1 5.25" dual-layer DVD-RW burner (8.5GB/disc)
Preamp Bandwidth: 10Hz-50kHz
Preamp Input Impedance: 1.3k Ohms
Instrument Input Impedance: 1M Ohms
Preamp THD: <0.005%
Preamp EIN: -125dB
Preamp Gain: 45dB (+12dB digital boost switch)
Line Input Impedance: 10k Ohms
TRS Output Impedance: 51 Ohms
TRS Main Outputs Impedance: 51 Ohms
Headphone Output: 150mW/Ch 20Hz-20kHz
Phantom Power: 48V +/- 2V
Power Supply: Ext line Transformer, Internal Switching
Bus Power: 6-pin FireWire Port
Analog to Digital Converters: 24-bit/up to 96khz
ADC Dynamic Range: 107dB
DAC: 24-bit/up to 96kHz
DAC Dynamic Range: 110dB
IEEE1394 Speed: 400mbps