- Product H87439
Peavey Musebox Virtual Instrument and Effects Module
- Write a Review
Musical muses come in many forms and at any time. The super-portable, super-flexible MuseBox virtual instrument and effects module uses virtual instr...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
A versatile module for guitar, vocals, drums, keyboards, effects, and more.
Musical muses come in many forms and at any time. The super-portable, super-flexible MuseBox virtual instrument and effects module uses virtual instruments and effects technology in a special way, allowing you to take them to your rehearsals, gigs, practice room, or studio, so when your muse shows up, you're ready to go. Using technology derived from its powerful big brother, the award-winning RECEPTOR Hardware Plug-in Player, this compact 2U half-rack design is ultimately portable, incredibly versatile, and built for the road.
The key to the MuseBox is its custom software environment that utilizes computer technology turning it into a musical instrument that works in any situation for any kind of musician. With it you can harness the world's best-sounding virtual instruments and most versatile, tone-laden effects and take them anywhere - and everywhere.
Featuring incredibly flexible I/O, it offers front-panel guitar and microphone inputs, MIDI, and USB. This means you can play through it, sing through it, process your keyboards, play along to backing tracks, and even create lush keyboard sounds with your MIDI controller. If you play guitar, you can use it to run amp modeling software, multi-effects libraries, and more. If you're a vocalist, enhance your sound with reverb, compression, de-essing and pitch correction in real time. If you play keyboard, the MuseBox lets you run virtual pianos and delicious sounding virtual instruments with super-low latency and superb stability. If you are all three, even better!
Sounds great right out of the box
MuseBox comes pre-loaded so you can simply turn it on, press the PLAY button, select the sound of your choice, and you're off and running in though a superior sounding world of virtual instruments and effects. It's got all the meat-and-potatoes keyboards you'd need for any gig. Guitarists will dig Peavey's ReValver HP Guitar Amp Modeler for its killer sounds. There is also an ample supply of essential effects, including Reverbs and Chorus. Its SoundFinder preset architecture lets you quickly sort through thousands of presets to find the exact sound you're looking for and automatically adds new presets whenever you load additional virtual instruments and effects into the MuseBox. The front panel allows quick-and-intuitive access to whatever you have loaded, so you can call up sounds, tweak parameters, edit effects chains, whatever you need in an instant.
- Intel Dual-Core Processor
- 2GB of DDR-2 RAM
- 8GB Flash IDE disc module
- 2 channels line level balanced inputs OR 2 channel mic/instrument inputs
- 2 channels line level unbalanced outputs
- Passive mix mode for connecting external CD or MP3 player, drum machine, etc.
- Front panel headphone output
- Full Size MIDI input
- Four USB ports
- VGA video output for viewing / editing software interface of plug-ins
- Phantom power
- Dedicated mic/instrument input volume control and 3 segment LED meters
- Ethernet port
- New, two-channel "DUO HOST" VST plug-in host environment running on Linux
- SoundFinder preset structure for easy selection of presets, "Advanced mode" for using as a normal RECEPTOR
- A variety of essential high-quality keyboard sounds are included
- Peavey ReValver HP guitar amplifier modeling software
- Assortment of effects, including Reverb and Chorus
- RECEPTOR Remote control for control from a computer
- MuseControl software interface for controlling individual plug-in GUIs
- MusePlayer - maker of the UVI engine that powers Spectrasonics and MOTU. over 4GB of premium sounds
- AAS Player - Muse Research Edition with custom "premium" presets, killer EPs and Wurly
- Alchemy - Muse Research Edition with custom "premium" presets, amazing PAD synths
- Free Alpha 3 - Virtual Analog lead synth
- U-he Triple Cheese - Karplus Strong algorithmic synth with some killer sounds
- RECEPTOR Remote control for control from a computer
- True Pianos Amber Lite Combo sampled / physically modelled piano, Muse Research Version
- Peavey ReValver HP Amazing professional amp modeller
- TrackPlug 4 MRD Edition, Professional quality reverb
- MasterVerb 4 MRD edition, Professional quality channel strip (comp/ex/limiter/EQ)
- MuVoice LE - vocal harmonizer, doubler, tripler, and more
- Camel Space - Time-based filter effects
- Camel Phatt3 - Time-based distortion / delay
- Camel Crusher - distortion and bit reduction effects
- Kjaerhaus Classic Chorus Classic Chorus effect
- Kjaerhaus Classic EQ Graphical EQ effect
- Kjaerhaus Classic Phaser Classic Phaser effect
- Kjaerhaus Classic Flanger Classic Flanger effect
- GLoop - MIDI controllable audio looper, up to 4 tracks
- Karlette tape delay - virtual tape-like echoplex delay
- 12VDC input, 5A Max, center pin positive, using approved AC to DC converter
- The AC to DC converter accepts inputs from 100 to 240VAC, 50/60Hz 1.5A Max
- The power adapter supplied with the unit is both auto-ranging and auto-power factor correcting for use anywhere in the world
- Front panel:
- Two combination XLR/ 1/4" inputs with high-Z instrument input on 1/4" inputs, and low-Z microphone input on XLR-type jacks, Pin 2 positive, with 48V phantom power selectable via pushbutton switch
- One 1/4" TRS headphone jack
- Rear Panel:
- Two 1/4" line level outputs, low impedance.
- Two 1/4" line level balanced inputs, high impedance
- One full-size 5-pin DIN MIDI INPUT jack
- One 1/4" TRS footswitch Input jack (Grounding the tip or sleeve will invoke assigned function. Default function assignment is Tip=Patch Increment, Ring=Patch Decrement)
- Four USB 2.0 jacks for conection to a mouse, keyboard, or device-compliant MIDI USB devices
- One gigabit Ethernet jack for connection to a computer or network (networking cables not supplied)
- One 15-pin VgA monitor connector for connecting a computer monitor
- One Coaxial bi-pin 12VDC power input jack. (center-pin positive)
- One CF card slot for connecting Compact Flash memory cards to add additional virtual instruments or effects
More proof that big things come in small packages. Order the MuseBox today!
- 8.375" wide (1/2-rack space), 3.0" high (not including feet), 10.5" deep, not including knobs (MuseBox is designed for table-top and rackmount use)
- 5lb., 12oz. (2.55kg) (Power supply and cable are 1lb., 2oz. (0.51kg). Total weight: 6lb. 12oz. (3.06kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Easy To Use
- Good Quality
- Improves Sound
Comments about Peavey Musebox Virtual Instrument and Effects Module:
This is a powerful box with great sounding VSTs. I use this now with my controller instead of lugging around the Hammond and Clav. The sounds are very impressive. My guitar player and singer even plug in at practice and we all run through the PA. I can't wait until they come out with more cards.