- #J46991 000000000 J46991000000000
Studio Electronics Boomstar 5089
- Write a Review
The 5089 filter is a voltage controlled, discrete analog, 24 db/oct transistor ladder, low-pass filter, equipped with hand-matched transistors. This ...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Basses, leads and more.
The 5089 filter is a voltage controlled, discrete analog, 24 db/oct transistor ladder, low-pass filter, equipped with hand-matched transistors. This ladder low-pass filter—a subtractive analog sound synthesis foundation—in its lowest FREQUENCY setting removes, or cuts off higher frequency harmonics; its RESONANCE or Q circuit emphasizes those harmonics to the point of “squealy” self-oscillation, tracking the keyboard in its FULL setting quite nicely if seeking an alternative sine wave.
The 5089 has the roundest, slickest tone of all the Boomstar's filters. Go easy on it, and round, creamy buttery flavors wrap the oscillators in an earthy warmth; smash it and a meaty, satisfying overdrive—a maximum harvest of vintage 1960s and 1970s organic‑sounding, second‑order harmonic distortion emerge. Every setting is balanced and bountiful. Looking for traditional R ’n B baselines and leads? Focus on the rich saturation of this benchmark filter and its symmetrical cascades of generation-stretching timbres. All Boomstar Modular filters are hand-built in the USA.
Three attenuverter and four attenuation pots control the FREQUENCY, RESONANCE, FREQ CV 1, RESO CV, FREQ CV 2, INPUT and OUTPUT, delivering smooth, detailed, and complex expression.
Switch it Up
Classic Minimoog FULL and HALF strength filter frequency keyboard/voltage tracking for rounder low end with brilliant highs.
Patch it Up
Seven patch points: 1 V/O, FREQ CV 1, FREQ CV 2, RESO CV, INPUT and 2x OUTPUT direct the deepest manipulation.
- FREQUENCY – Adjusts the frequency, or cut-off of the filter.
- RESONANCE – Adjusts the resonance of the filter. *
- FULL HALF TRACK – Switch between full and half keyboard/voltage tracking.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input attenuverter.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input attenuverter.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input attenuverter.
- INPUT – Adjusts the audio input.
- OUTPUT – Adjusts the audio output.
- 1 V/O – One volt per octave control voltage input.
- FREQ CV 1 – Frequency control voltage 1 input.
- FREQ CV 2 – Frequency control voltage 2 input.
- RESO CV – Resonance control voltage input.
- INPUT – Audio input.
- OUTPUT x2 – Audio outputs.
- Size - 12hp
- Depth - 39.7mm with ribbon cable attached
- Power Usage - 40mA, 27mA (+12 / -12)
Order soon and experience subtractive analog synthesis in your modular system.