- J56933 000000000 J56933000000000
Studio Electronics MODSTAR 8106 Filter
- Write a Review
The 8106 Filter by MODSTAR is a 6db/oct hi-pass filter followed by a recreation of the Roland® IR3109 module—a 4-pole, 24db/oct voltage controlled lo...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
A powerful, musical and distinctly satisfying filter.
The 8106 Filter by MODSTAR is a 6db/oct hi-pass filter followed by a recreation of the Roland® IR3109 module—a 4-pole, 24db/oct voltage controlled lowpass filter with voltage controlled resonance. Three dual OTAs with similar topology to the BA662 used in the Jupiter 8 (and the IR3109 module) were employed, one amp for the hi-pass filter, four (with added buffers) for the low-pass, and one for the resonance. This filter takes a wide range of input signals, and tracks control voltage extremely well. Tap points are available for 6db, 12db, and 18db/oct. Although the topology is similar to the 4075, the tonality, especially when overdriven, is distinct."
Interface and feature Maestro Greg St. Regis, opted for the 6dB over the 12dB/18dB "tap" for the second filter output, due to its colorful, and starkly contrasting character.
This INPUT drive hits harder—much faster than MODSTAR's other filters—so there is plenty of dirt to go around, but a familiar and comforting Roland-style quality/tonality/flow is definitely home base, especially with a nice SLIM O top-dead-center square wave is riotously coursing and pulsing through the 8106's veiny through-hole circuitry.
- 4-pole, 24db/oct volt controlled lowpass filter Three dual OTAs Seven pots, two switches
Call or click to order today!
- FREQ – Frequency, or cut-off attenuator
- FULL/HALF TRACK – Full and half keyboard/voltage tracking switch
- RES – Resonance attenuator
- FREQ CV– Frequency control voltage attenuverter
- RES CV – Resonance control voltage attenuverter
- HPF – Hi-pass filter attenuator
- INPUT – Audio input
- OUTPUT – Audio output
- 6dB/24dB – Filter slope switch
- PCB Mounting Scheme - Through-hole
- Size - 12hp
- Depth - 38mm including connectors
- Power Usage - 40mA, 35mA (+12 / -12)
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions (Opens in new window) for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.