- J47166 000001000 J47166000001000
NS Design NXTa Active Series 4-String Electric Violin in Black
- Write a Review
The NXT Electric Violin opens up a new horizon for the serious musician seeking to play a world-class electric violin on a limited budget. Crafted in...Click To Read More About This Product
6-Month* financing available.
Black and elegant, active output.
The NXT Electric Violin opens up a new horizon for the serious musician seeking to play a world-class electric violin on a limited budget. Crafted in the Czech Republic by the makers of NS Design's renowned CR series, these instruments exemplify flawless workmanship at an incredible value.
Good ergonomics, including light weight, are critical performance factors for any electric violin. With their familiar left hand landmarks, including the removable reference bout, NXTa series instruments are remarkably easy to play. Starting at just 585 grams, they set the pace as some of the lightest electrics on the market.
Using set screws, the rock-maple bridge can be readily adjusted to the desired action height—high and powerful, low and fast, or anywhere in between. A contoured ebony chin rest is standard. The standard Custom Shoulder Rest is adjustable, and can be formed to fit the chest and shoulder perfectly. The patented tuning system built into the bottom of the body allows quick, easy and precise adjustment, exceptional pitch stability, and easy string changes.
At the heart of the NXTa is the Polar™ Pickup System, whose piezo components convert string vibration directly to signal output. This provides a balanced, tonally rich output, offering a wide range of expressive opportunities. Arco and Pizzicato have significantly different vibration characteristics, and the Polar Pickup faithfully captures both.
Dual Mode Output: The new dual mode signal output electronics of the NXTa takes the convenience, versatility and performance capability of the NXT to another level.
Active Mode: Using the supplied charger, plug the NXTa into any AC outlet for 60 seconds to power the capacitor-powered active circuit for up to 16 hours of performance time. The instrument can then be plugged straight into any low or high impedance device, no direct box necessary. Since there is no signal loss over the full frequency spectrum of the instrument, the fundamentals of every note remain clear and strong, even with extra-long cables.
Passive Mode: The NXTa can be played in this mode when using a direct box or an amplifier with high impedance input. (This mode provides performance capabilities identical to the original NXT.)
NXTa instruments are battery-free, eliminating the hassle and cost of batteries while helping protect our environment.
- Length: 540 mm (21.25")
- Width: 110 mm (4 5/16")
- Thickness: 65 mm (2 9/16")
- Weight: 4 string: 585g
- Scale length: 330 mm (13")
- Body/neck: solid, straight grain maple, with maple face (satin black model) or flame maple face (sunburst model) on body.
- Body reference bout: black-dyed maple bout on treble side provides standard violin reference. Easily removable for unrestricted neck access.
- Fingerboard: hand-graduated, asymmetric relief. Nxta violins are also available with fretted fingerboards.
- Bridge: black-dyed maple, height adjustable via screws on back of body.
- Strings: NS electric strings standard. Compatible with standard violin strings.
- Precision tuning hardware: 40:1 fine tuners are mounted on the body behind the bridge for precise, stable tuning. Automatic string clamping allows for quick, easy string changes.
- Pickup: the polar directional piezo pickup system responds selectively to either lateral string vibration (for dynamic bowing) or vertical string vibration (for remarkably even and sustained plucked/pizzicato sound, like a mandolin). A switch allows the player to choose the desired response.
- rotary volume control, with push-pull selection between active and passive output mode; tone control (treble roll off); arco/pizzicato toggle switch.
- The custom shoulder rest is a standard with the NXTa violin and can be formed by the player to fit the body perfectly. The contoured ebony chin rest supplied with the instrument is designed to work comfortably in tandem with the custom shoulder rest.
- Violin caddy: designed to cradle ns design violins, the violin caddy unit mounts to any mic stand and provides the player with ready-to-grab convenience, in the studio or on the stage. Four rubberized arms are positioned to match the unique contours of the ns violin, while a cutaway on the back plate allows the instrument cable to remain attached if desired. The caddy also features a hook for the bow. Attaches to the mic stand with a standard 5/8 inch thread. Weight .2 kg (.5 lb).
- NS Violin Case: customized for the NS violin, this standard hardshell case with handle and shoulder strap includes separate compartments for shoulder rest, charger and accessories, a bow compartment and exterior zipper pouch. Made with durable cordura® fabric, 3.2 kg (7 lb) loaded weight.
Order today and expand your tonal palette with a single decision.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.