- Product 244015
Alesis MasterControl FireWire Audio Interface and Control Surface
- Write a Review
The Alesis MasterControl eliminates your need for individual analog preamps, digital audio interfaces, speaker switching and routing units, mixing an...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Recording, mixing, monitoring, and DAW control all in one.
The Alesis MasterControl eliminates your need for individual analog preamps, digital audio interfaces, speaker switching and routing units, mixing and transport-control surfaces, hardware volume controls, and more. The only piece of gear you need to input all of your sources into your DAW; the only piece of gear you need to control recording and editing; and the only piece of gear you need to run tracking and mixing sessions is MasterControl. It even comes with two powerful recording and production programs: Steinberg Cubase LE 4 and Ableton Live Lite 7, so you can start recording immediately.
Master Audio Interface
MasterControl is a 24-bit/192kHz low-latency audio interface. It's capable of nearly any input type with the ability to expand its input capability, and also has generous output section. Featuring low-latency FireWire computer connectivity for Mac and PC, a single cable carries all audio and control data from MasterControl to your DAW. MasterControl contains eight analog inputs; inputs one and two offer XLR connection, high-definition, discrete-design preamplifiers, 48V phantom power, and channel inserts. Inputs 3 through 8 contain 1/4" TRS line inputs. MasterControl's input section can be expanded to handle up to 24 simultaneous inputs, including dual ADAT Lightpipe, coaxial, and optical S/PDIF. Six analog outputs and 16-channel MIDI I/O further extend MasterControl's impressive I/O capabilities.
Extensive Control Surface
Along with its comprehensive input capabilities, the Alesis MasterControl also provides hands-on control for tracking and editing. Multiple banks of assignable controllers enable access to over 50 software parameters in real time.
Nine touch-sensitive and motorized 100mm faders deliver the ease of mixing that a mouse simply can't rival. MasterControl has 8 assignable knobs that access 3 control banks, and two rows of 8 assignable buttons that access two control banks each. Dedicated transport controls and a multifunction jog wheel complete the control package.
MasterControl's DSP-driven internal mixer enables hardware-direct monitoring with no discernable latency. It employs the industry-standard Mackie HUI protocol for communication with all popular DAW software, and requires no mapping. MasterControl also enables editing of templates and presets for customization. A large dedicated display provides real-time visual feedback of all actions and a preview button allows safe audition of controls prior to sending commands to the DAW.
Control Room Management
MasterControl's monitor management section enables you to easily switch between multiple sets of monitor loudspeakers for easy mix-translation checks. An internal talkback microphone that can be engaged from the control surface or using an optional footswitch, enables easy communication with musicians while tracking.
Three pairs of independently assignable stereo outputs with dedicated mute buttons make A/B monitoring a snap. All sources are assignable through any and all output pairs. Dual independently assignable headphone outputs with independent gain controls further extend the output capabilities of MasterControl.
Superior Audio Processing
MasterControl employs an advanced DICE II chip with JetPLL technology for ultra low-jitter, which greatly improves imaging and decreases digital noise. As digital audio devices are added to a system, they increasingly create system-additive audio-band clock jitter. Variation between device clocks can actually fall outside the ability of some devices to cope, causing failure. JetPLL's tolerance of wide variations in clock frequencies keeps your digital gear in sync. This technology ensures the highest possible converter performance.
Software and System Compatibility
MasterControl comes with a powerful software suite for recording and sequencing. It includes Steinberg Cubase LE and Ableton Live Lite software, giving you a wide range of music production and performance capabilities. MasterControl is compatible with all popular DAWs, virtual instruments, and other audio software on Mac and PC.
- 8 built-in analog inputs: 2 XLR mic preamp inputs with phantom power and channel inserts, 6 TRS 1/4" line inputs
- S/PDIF and dual S/MUX ADAT Lightpipe inputs make it expandable to up to provide 26 total recording inputs
- 192kHz analog recording/playback capability
- 6 analog outputs: configurable as discrete, 5.1 Surround, or Stereo X 3, with dedicated speaker switching
- Nine 100mm motorized faders and eight 360 virtual assignable knobs (three banks each) provide instant access to 28 different parameters on every DAW channel
- 2 banks of 8 fully-assignable buttons provide 16 different functions per preset (setting markers and loop points, setting automation modes, cut/copy/paste)
- 16-channel MIDI I/O
- 2 X 16 character LCD provides instant controller feedback and enables customization of knob and button functions
- Low-latency FireWire connectivity
- Fully-editable presets allow for instantaneous, dedicated control over DAWs (HUI-compatible) and external MIDI devices
- Removable, customizable templates provide total visual overview of preset operation
- Preview button shows knob, button, and fader parameters before sending them out to DAW
- Built-in talk-back microphone and control-surface based cue mix setup