- Product 801678
American Audio SDJ-1 Dual SD MP3 Player
- Write a Review
The American DJ SDJ-1 is the perfect example of the power of two. With two MP3 players in one unit, two LCD displays, dual jogwheels, slots for two S...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
The American DJ SDJ-1 is the perfect example of the power of two. With two MP3 players in one unit, two LCD displays, dual jogwheels, slots for two SD or SDHC cards (4GB max each slot) and all the same adjustable features/functions for each individual MP3 player, it not only makes your DJing quicker and easier, but gives you more than enough music to work with.
Using SD cards for your music means no more carrying loads of vinyl, or heavy CD books, just a few SD cards and you're good to go. Other features include auto cue, folder search, auto BPM, ID3 tags, single/continuous play, unlimited skip protection and more. The SDJ-1 MP3 Player comes with two mono 1/8" control cables, two sets of stereo RCA cable, and a switching adapter.
No more heavy loads of vinyl or CD books.
- Accepts SD cards (4GB max each slot)
- Music master tempo
- Folder search
- Auto cue
- Advance track search
- 1/75th second frame search
- MP3 track listings
- Real-time cue ("Cue on the Fly")
- ID3 tags
- Unlimited skip protection
- Bright large digital screen
- Pitch display
- Fader Q-Start Control (when used with American Audio mixers that feature "Fader Q-Start" control
- Search lock
- Jog wheel pitch bend +/-100%
- Seamless loop (uninterrupted loop playback)
- Demo play
- Selectable Single or Continuous Play
- Auto BPM
- Adjustable pitch percentages: +/-4%, +/-8%, or +/-16%
- Instant start within 10 ms (sound is produced immediately when the PLAY button is pressed)
- Includes two mono 1/8" control cables
- Two sets of stereo RCA cables
SDJ-1 Dual SD MP3 Player
- Pitch range: Within +/- 4%, +/- 8%, +/- 16%,
- Pitch bend: +/- 4%, +/- 8%, +/- 16%, (+/- 100% with Jog Wheel)
- Pitch accuracy: +/-0.15%
- Dimensions: 18.9"(W) x 4.25(H) x 3.46"(D)
- Installation: Place on flat surface or mount in flat case
- Weight: 3.9 lbs.
- Power supply: DC 6V 1.5A
- Single Voltage: AC 120V, 60Hz
- Power consumption: 23W
- Environmental conditions: Operational temperature: 5° to 35°C (41° to 95°F)
- Operational humidity: 25 to 85% RH (no condensation)
- Storage temperature: -10° to 60°C (14° to 140°F)
- Audio Characteristics (TEST SIGNAL FORMAT: MP3, 128Kbps, TCD-782)
- Output level: (Normal) 2V +/-0.5dB (Limit) 2V +/-1dB (Condition) 1kHz,0dB
- Channel balance: (Normal) Within 0.5dB (Limit) Within 1dB (Condition) 1kHz,0dB
- Frequency response: (Normal) 17-16kHz +/-0.2dB (Limit) 17-16kHz (Condition) +/-1dB 0dB Output
- L/R separation: (Normal) 100dB (Limit) 90dB (Condition) 1kHz,0dB
- T.H.D. + NOISE: (Normal) 0.006% (Limit) 0.02% (Condition) 1kHz,0dB
- Dynamic Range: (Normal) 93dB (Limit) 85dB (Condition) 1kHz,-60dB
- S/N ratio (IHF-A): (Normal) 100dB (Limit) 90dB (Condition) 1kHz.0dB
- NOTE: With 20kHz low-pass filter.
Reviewed by 9 customers
Displaying reviews 1-9
A great idea. Plenty of songs available, even if ripped at a high bit rate, instantaneous cueing, and a reasonable price. Like dual-CD players, you need to know where your songs reside, although the folder and search functions work pretty well. I'd definitely recommend using Class 4 or Class 6 SD cards if you want to work with tunes ripped at the higher bit rates. I'm very pleased with the SDJ-1 so far.
I use this as a backup system for my computers. Although I am very computer savvy and rarely have a crash, this unit is right there and ready to go with no down time should I crash. No one ever knows I had to do a restart on the computer or program. The sound quality blows away the computer (I use an external Gigaport Sound Card) and I am going to buy the SDJ-2 to use as a separate system for wedding ceremonies and cocktail hours. The only drawback is that you need to know where everything is on the SD cards because you can't do a search like on a laptop. Just organize the songs in folders and you're good to go. This unit has it all including looping, tempo change and master tempo!! Great for a main system if you don't like computers and you can carry all of your music in the palm of your hand! About 35 CD's on one 4GB SD card. No more heavy CD cases.
I bought this player back in april of 2008 after doing alot of research & trusting in American Audio equipment. At first, it does feel weird not using cds', but once you spend a couple of minutes using it, you'll see it's very easy to use. This player is very sturdy & all feature are easily accessable. It nice to have a good collection of music on two(4gb)cards...I would recommend to put your music into folders, it'll be much easier to access your music...the only gripe I have about this player is that I had to do a firmware update on this player about a week ago..(the player just stop working - it displayed a updateUI" error. After talking with American Audio, they simply emailed me the update file & the player was good to go again. AA said this was a one time update (I hope so, wouldn't want it to stop working on me at a gig).
Seriously, why did it take so long for anybody to figure out how to put together an MP3 player that's this easy to use and works like it should?I've been a DJ for 20 years now and when the MP3 thing kicked in, it wasn't easy for me to want to convert. I've seen the computer guys crash, and have no back up system, I myself had an MP3 hard drive player that came out early in the game, only to be let down. The new versions of these do play SDHC cards and are simple to use with amazing sound quality. They work, simply because there's no "format" to read and fight with, you upload files (MP3 files) and it reads the files and that's it...I hope that sometime they'll come up with something that will have multiple SDHC card lots (like 4) in the near future or even some sort of "mega usb flash drive" that will work with these systems for those of us with really large libraries.
I was looking to convert to mp3. This machine made an easy that an easy transition. It was built solid and works like magic.
This is really Cool. I just recently happened to purchase one of these. Its a great way to merge into mp3, its easy to use and its sturdy.
I just recently got one of these bad boys. I'm very impressed. Its very solid and a sturdy piece of equipment. I tried switching over to mp3s first I used pcdj and that was a joke. I hated it, it was full of bugs and unreliable. This thing is great if you can program you tunes on a few sd cards. Its reliable, user friendly!, and it just has some cool little tools that make mixing fun like tempo lock. I love it I would suggest this product to anyone!
I bought this unit because I am a Mobile DJ that has been putting off moving into the MP3/digital age for so long. I'm a hands on DJ who likes using Cd's. And I can't afford to buy a Mac (that's all I'd trust to do this type of work) and software that will only get beat all to hell! This unit is the best of both worlds. A familiar unit that has the look and feel of a high end Dual Cd player. I used it last night and it was a bit odd at first because I am so used to ejecting Cd's after every song. But once I started feeling it, it preformed nicely. Very responsive. And I can fit all of my music for the night on a few SD cards, and really on just one (I like being prepared). I would warn you to use a little fore thought in planning out your folder and files. All In All a great unit that seems to be made specifically for Mobile DJ.
I have used a dual CD player forever and was looking to upgrade. I am not a computer person and just want something simple and reliable to do my gigs. I talked a few friends and nothing seem to be the standard. This unit was so easy to use and really really quick. I watched the various YouTube videos and those gave me some insight in how to organize and load my music. This product is perfect for working weekend DJ, like me