- Product 249993
Apple iPod touch 2nd Gen 32GB
- Write a Review
With a stunningly thin, contoured stainless steel design, the 2nd Generation 32GB Apple iPod touch feels even better in your hand. Some of the world'...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Movies. Games. Videos. Photos. Internet. All in the palm of your hand. Get in touch.
With a stunningly thin, contoured stainless steel design, the 2nd Generation 32GB Apple iPod touch feels even better in your hand. Some of the world's best developers are taking advantage of this 2nd generation iPod's groundbreaking technology, including Multi-Touch, the accelerometer, realtime 3D graphics, and 3D positional sound, to create games and applications made especially for it. So whether you're a gamer or into something else”chatting, social networking, news, sports, finance”there's bound to be something just for you. Using the iPod touch's built-in Wi-Fi technology, you can easily download videos, movies, and music from iTunes, games from the App Store, browse the web, send email, and more.
This 32GB version holds up to 7,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format, up to 25,000 iPod-viewable photos, up to 40 hours of video, or plenty of games, making it a portable MP3 player and complete entertainment package you'll never want to be without.
Music just got smarter
Remember what it felt like to flip through your CD or record collection? Cover Flow brings that feeling back. Just turn iPod touch on its side and flick through your music to find the album you want to hear. Tap the cover to flip it over and display a track list. Tap again to start the music. Even view the lyrics while you're listening.
Say you're listening to a song you really like and want to hear other tracks that goes great with it. The Genius feature finds songs in your library that go great together and makes a Genius Playlist for you. You can listen to the playlist right away, save it for later, or even refresh it and give it another try. Count on Genius to create a mix you wouldn't have thought of yourself.
It's easy to fill up your iPod touch with audio and video from your iTunes library. All you have to do is choose the playlists, videos, and other content you want to sync and let iTunes do the rest.
Games designed for iPod touch technology are just a tap away. Browse hundreds of games from the App Store right on your iPod touch, download what you want, and you're ready to play.
Many of the games created for the 2nd generation iPod touch utilize the Multi-Touch powers to give you precise, fingertip control over game elements. Use your finger to drag your pieces around the board in chess or dice games. Or pinch to enlarge or shrink your view, rotate your character left or right, or just tap to make a selection.
The built-in accelerometer actually responds to your movements, so you can tilt and turn your iPod touch to control the action. It's perfect for racing games, where your entire Apple iPod acts as a steering wheel, and for tap-and-tilt games such as Super Monkey Ball, in which your character rolls to your movements. And, with the 3.5-inch widescreen display you get pretty crystal clear viewing.
Tune your run
This 2nd Generation iPod touch includes built-in Nike + iPod support. Just slip the Nike + iPod Sensor (available separately) into your Nike+ shoe and start your run. The sensor communicates wirelessly with your iPod touch, tracking your time, distance, and calories burned. It even gives you voice feedback on your progress.
This feature also works with cardio equipment available in many fitness centers. Just look for Nike + iPod compatible treadmills, ellipticals, stair steppers, and stationary bikes. When you get back to your computer, sync your iPod touch via iTunes and transfer your exercise data to nikeplus.com, where you can track your workouts, set goals, and challenge friends.
- 32GB flash drive
- Holds up to 7,000 songs in 128-Kbps AAC format
- Holds up to 25,000 iPod-viewable photos
- Holds up to 40 hours of video
- Wi-Fi (802.11b/g)
- Built-in Nike + iPod support
- Maps location-based service
- Highly recyclable stainless steel enclosure
- 3.5-inch (diagonal) widescreen Multi-Touch display
- 480-by-320-pixel resolution at 163 pixels per inch
- 17 languages supported
- Built-in speakers, enhanced volume buttons
- iPod touch
- USB 2.0 cable
- Dock adapter
- Polishing cloth
- Quick Start guide
- Input and output
- Dock connector
- 3.5-mm stereo headphone jack
- External buttons and controls
- Volume up/down
iPod touch 2nd Gen 32GB
- Dimensions: 2.4"W x 4.3"H x .33"D inches (61.8 mm)
- Weight: 4.05oz.
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Audio formats supported: AAC (16 to 320 Kbps), Protected AAC (from iTunes Store), MP3 (16 to 320 Kbps), MP3 VBR, Audible (formats 2, 3, and 4), Apple Lossless, AIFF, and WAV
- Frequency response: 20Hz to 20,000Hz
- Impedance: 32 ohms
- Support for 480p and 576p component TV out
- H.264 video, up to 1.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Low-Complexity version of the H.264 Baseline Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; H.264 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Baseline Profile up to Level 3.0 with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats; MPEG-4 video, up to 2.5 Mbps, 640 by 480 pixels, 30 frames per second, Simple Profile with AAC-LC audio up to 160 Kbps, 48kHz, stereo audio in .m4v, .mp4, and .mov file formats
- Built-in rechargeable lithium ion battery
- Music playback time: Up to 36 hours when fully charged
- Video playback time: Up to 6 hours when fully charged
- Charging via USB to computer system or power adapter (sold separately)
- Fast-charge time: about 2 hours (charges up to 80% of battery capacity)
- Full-charge time: about 4 hours
- Mac computer with USB 2.0 port
- Mac OS X v10.4.10 or later
- iTunes 8 or later
- PC with USB 2.0 port
- Windows Vista or Windows XP Home or Professional with Service Pack 2 or later
- iTunes 8 or later
- Operating temperature: 32 to 95 F (0 to 35 C)
- Nonoperating temperature: -4 to 113 F
- (-20 to 45 C)
- Relative humidity: 5% to 95% noncondensing