- Product 241694
Apple MacBook Pro 15" Laptop Computer
- Write a Review
The Apple MacBookPro is built on the revolutionary Intel Core 2 Duo which packs the power of two processor cores (in this case 2.4GHz) inside a singl...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Hit the road with the ultimate in speed and portable performance.
The Apple MacBookPro is built on the revolutionary Intel Core 2 Duo which packs the power of two processor cores (in this case 2.4GHz) inside a single chip and provides 4MB of Smart Cache that can be shared between the cores as needed. Whether you're creating 3D animation, editing photos from the day's shoot, or playing your favorite video game, the MacBook Pro notebook computer delivers serious processing power with the NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics controller. It also delivers up to 4GB of 667MHz DDR2 memory with a faster, 800MHz frontside bus and support for hard drives up to 250GB. Amazingly enough all this power comes in a package only one inch thick and a mere 5.4 pounds, making the MacBook Pro model among the thinnest, lightest notebooks in its display class.
Sights and Sound Sure to Astound
The combination of a 16-lane PCI Express architecture and the powerful NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor brings a new level of realism to MacBook Pro users. 16x full screen anti-aliasing, 128-bit High Dynamic Range rendering, and a texture fill rate of up to 8.2 billion per second provide unrivaled picture quality and lifelike contrast and tone for next-generation 3D animation and games.
The 15" MacBook Pro laptop is better for the environment, thanks to its mercury-free display. Backlit by light emitting diodes (LEDs), the display weighs less and is more power efficient than the cold cathode fluorescent lamps (CCFLs) which most notebooks employ, and provides full brightness immediately after the system is turned on. You'll see blacker blacks, whiter whites, and many more colors in between on a brilliant 15.4-inch, 1440-by-900-pixel digital display. The new MacBook Pro graphics performance is up to 57% faster than the original Core Duo-based MacBook Pro.
The Apple MacBook Pro offers an antiglare widescreen display that's perfect for color-minded professionals. For a more immersive viewing experience, you can configure the MacBook Pro display with a glossy finish. This gives everything you see a richer, more saturated feel.
With the built-in iSight camera, you can make chatting online a little more personal, or create your own YouTube worthy Videos. If your into podcasting or want to add audio and video to your traditional blogs, the MacBookPro's iSight makes it simple. You can also videoconference with several colleagues or capture photos of yourself wherever you are.
When you connect an Apple Cinema Display to MacBook Pro, you lose nothing in translation. That's because the DVI connection gives you a pure digital signal from system to display. View more than 4 million pixels on the 30-inch Apple Cinema HD Display. You get three options for using your display: dual-display mode, video mirroring, and lid-closed mode.
Free yourself from the confines of a desk with the wireless technology built in to MacBook Pro laptop. Collaborate with colleagues around the world from across the room using a Bluetooth headset and iChat AV over wireless Internet, or make last-minute changes to a presentation by sharing files over Bluetooth. Connect the computer to your PDA or cell phone, sync addresses, download pictures, send an SMS. The MacBook Pro's Bluetooth possibilities are endless and easy.
The included AirPort Extreme with 802.11n gives you blazing connectivity with speeds up to five times faster and up to two times the range compared to the 802.11g standard. This turbocharged technology lets you connect to the Internet without wires, additional phone lines, or complicated networking hardware and is compatible with Wi-Fi Certified 802.11a, 802.11b, and 802.11g technology. It's also compatible with Windows PCs. This gives MacBook Pro the flexibility to work with a variety of Wi-Fi access points, so all you road warriors can get connected wherever there's a Wi-Fi network.
With Bonjour networking technology built into every MacBook Pro, the possibilities for wirelessly sharing files, printers, and data are nearly limitless. Your computer discovers other computers and peripherals on the same network. From there, you can print and share with secure simplicity.
When they say big things come in small packages, the 15-inch MacBook Pro definitely fits the bill.
- 15-inch display (diag.)
- 1440 x 900 resolution, TFT LED backlit widescreen supports multiple resolutions
- 2.4GHz Intel Core 2 Duo processor, 4MB on-chip shared L2 cache running 1:1 with processor speed
- 2GB (two SO-DIMMs) of PC2-5300 (667MHz) DDR2 SDRAM memory; two SO-DIMM slots support up to 4GB
- NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT graphics processor with dual-link DVI support, 256MB of GDDR3 SDRAM
- One FireWire 400 at up to 400 Mbps
- One FireWire 800 at up to 800 Mbps
- Two 480-Mbps USB 2.0 ports
- ExpressCard/34 slot
- Built-in AirPort Extreme 802.11n Wi-Fi
- Built-in Bluetooth 2.0+EDR
- Built-in 10/100/1000BASE-T Gigabit Ethernet (RJ-45 connector)
- Built-in iSight camera
- DVI output port
- VGA output using included DVI to VGA adapter
- Apple Remote; full-size illuminated keyboard with ambient light sensor
- Scrolling trackpad for precise cursor control
- 85W MagSafe Power Adapter, AC wall plug, and power cord
- 60-watt-hour lithium-polymer battery with integrated charge indicator LEDs(up to 6 hrs. life)
- Meets ENERGY STAR requirements
- Kensington cable lock slot
- 90 days of telephone support, 1-year limited warranty
- Mac OS X v10.5 Leopard, iLife '08, Aperture Trial, Photo Booth, Front Row, Install/restore DVDs
- Combined optical digital input/audio line in (minijack)
- Combined optical digital output/headphone out (minijack)
- Built-in stereo speakers
- Internal omnidirectional microphone (located under left speaker grille)
- 160GB Serial ATA hard drive, 5400 rpm
- 8x slot-loading SuperDrive (DVD±R DL/DVD±RW/CD-RW)
- Maximum write: 8x DVD-R, DVD+R; 4x DVD-R DL (double layer), DVD+R DL (double layer), DVD-RW, DVD+RW; 24x CD-R; 10x CD-RW
MacBook Pro 15" Laptop Computer
- Dimensions: 1"H x 14.1"W x 9.6"H
Weight: 5.4 pounds (with battery and optical drive installed)
Line voltage: 100V to 240V AC
Frequency: 50Hz to 60Hz
DC input: 18.5 Vdc, 4.6A max.
Operating temperature: 50 to 95 F (10 to 35 C)