- Product 182046
Audient Centro Stereo Monitor Controller
- Write a Review
Centro is a Master Section designed to give DAW users all of the intuitive control of a large format console. Switching, routing, cue mixing and talk...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Audient brings large format console functionality to your DAW as only the maker of some of the world's most respected consoles can.
Centro is a Master Section designed to give DAW users all of the intuitive control of a large format console. Switching, routing, cue mixing and talkback all happens Centro-lly. And who better to create such a useful device than Audient, whose expertise with recording consoles includes designs for Soundcraft, Midas, MCI, and DDA (the precursor to Audient), not to mention custom consoles for the cream of British rock (see Audient company history).
Audient Centro Stereo Monitor Controller, First Take:
Monitor any of 6 analog and 6 digital sources
2 stereo cue mixes and built-in talkback
Control 3 sets of stereo speakers
Separate I/O box and remote eliminates messy desktop cables
Monitor 6 Analog and 6 Digital Sources
The Audient Centro lets you listen to any of 6 digital and 6 analog stereo sources, audition multiple analog sources simultaneously, and even throw in a digital source if you like. At the same time, the Audient Centro enables you to route any digital source to the dedicated digital output, which means no more re-plugging or repetitive patching.
2 Stereo Cue Mixes
Control zero-latency monitoring for performers with 2 stereo cue outputs fed from dedicated Rec and Foldback sources, or from the control room selection. You can even offer praise or chastisement with built-in talkback.
Control 3 Sets of Stereo Speakers
The flexible and generous I/O of the Audient Centro allows you to control 3 sets of stereo speakers, a subwoofer, and headphones from a central panel with mute, channel mute, mono, phase and dim.
Separate I/O Box and Remote
All this and there's no need to run 20 cables across your desktop. The Centro's separate I/O box and included remote provide an ergonomic, intuitive solution for the DAW-centered studio. And don't forget Audient's reputation for transparent audio quality, so your sure to get your sound as it should be, only with way more control capabilities.
Audient Company History
While British-based Audient is fairly new on the scene (1998), the company's founders have quite a respectable pedigree. Co-founder David Dearden has worked with David Manley (original owner of Manley Laboratories), Eddie Offord (Emerson, Lake and Palmer, Yes), and was involved in building a custom console and private studio for John Lennon for his Imagine sessions, followed by studios for George Harrison, Ringo Starr, Gus Dudgeon (producer, Elton John, David Bowie), and Chris Squire of Yes. After three years with MCI and two years with Soundcraft, David Dearden and Gareth Davies (also from Soundcraft) formed DDA (Dearden Davies Associates), a maker of high-quality analog consoles. When DDA became part of the Klark Teknik Group, he also designed the Midas XL200 live sound console and did the initial concept and design of the Midas H1000 console. In 1997 he rejoined with Gareth Davies to form Audient, whose products are typified by high performance, intelligent ergonomics, and transparent sound quality. Audient recording consoles are acknowledged to have sound quality comparable to consoles found in the "A" rooms of top studios at a fraction of the cost. Notable users of Audient gear include Abbey Road Studios, Pete Townshend's Eel Pie Studio, and England's Royal Academy of Music.
- 6 digital sources
- 6 analogue sources
- 2 stereo Cue mixes
- Built-in talkback
- Controls 3 pairs of speakers and a sub
When you're tired of wrestling with your DAW and want true large-format console functionality as done by the makers of great consoles, get an Audient Centro and bring back the joys of recording.
Centro Stereo Monitor Controller
- Nominal Balanced Line Input Level: +4dBu
- Maximum Balanced Line Input Level: +20dBu
- Crosstalk Balanced Line Left/Right: >85dB
- Nominal Unbalanced Line Input Level: -10dBV
- Maximum Unbalanced Line Input Level: +6dBV
- Crosstalk Unbalanced Line Left/Right: >75dB
- Talkback Microphone Gain: 25 to 60dB
- Talkback Microphone Phantom Power: 18V
- Talkback Microphone Crosstalk Between Inputs: >80dB
- Maximum Analogue Output Level: +20dBu
- Crosstalk Analogue Between Cue Outputs: >80dB
- Crosstalk Analogue Between Monitor Outputs: >110dB
- Digital Input Level: 0dBFS = -18dBu
- Analogue Frequency Response: +0/-0.3 dB, 10Hz to 40kHz
- Analogue THD + Noise @ +4dBu, 1kHz: <0.0020%
- Analogue Maximum Signal to Noise Ratio: >110dB
- Digital Frequency Response: +0/-0.3 dB, 10Hz to 40kHz
- Digital THD + Noise @ +4dBu, 1kHz: 0.0035% (AES Input - 96kHz Unweighted)
- Digital Dynamic Range: >104dB (AES Input - 96kHz Unweighted)
- Dimensions (H x W x D): Rack: 3.5" x 19" x 8.66" (88 mm x 483 mm x 220 mm); Remote: 1.77" x 9.45" x 6.1" (240 mm x 155 mm x 45 mm)
- Weights: Rack; 11 lbs (5 kg), Remote; 1.98 Lbs (0.9 kg)