- Write a Review
Designed for high-quality sound reinforcement, professional recording and broadcasting
The phantom-powered U857Q is designed to plug directly into a panel or desk-mounted XLRF-type connector. 14.37" long. It features a small-diameter gooseneck that adjusts easily to any position. It is a cardioid condenser microphone and offers unsurpassed immunity from radio frequency interference thanks to Audio-Technica's UniGuard technology. Self-contained electronics, phantom-power, plus an 80Hz low-cut UniSteep filter to reduce pickup of low-frequency ambient noise make it easy to use. It also accepts interchangeable elements, available optionally in cardioid, hypercardioid, omni, and UniLine line cardioid polar patterns.
- Superior off-axis rejection for maximum gain before feedback
- UniGuard RFI-shielding technology offers outstanding rejection of radio frequency interference (RFI)
- Easy-to-adjust, rugged, small-diameter gooseneck for quick positioning
- UniSteep filter improves sound pickup without affecting voice quality
- Self-contained electronics eliminate need for external power module
- Accepts interchangeable polar-pattern elements (cardioid and omni)
- 2-stage foam windscreen yields dramatically improved resistance to P-pops and other breath blasts
- Quick-mount design with 3-pin XLRM-type connector insert at base plugs into any standard XLRF-type surface or cable connector
- Included shock mount attenuates noise, shock and vibration transmitted through the mounting surface
If you need a really good desk-mount mic, the U857Q is an excellent one. Order today.
U857Q Cardioid Condenser Quick-Mount Gooseneck Microphone
- ELEMENT: Fixed-charge back plate, permanently polarized condenser
POLAR PATTERN: Cardioid
FREQUENCY RESPONSE: 30-20,000 Hz
LOW FREQUENCY ROLL-OFF: 80 Hz, 18 dB/octave
OPEN CIRCUIT SENSITIVITY: ”39 dB (11.2 mV) re 1V at 1 Pa
IMPEDANCE: 250 ohms
MAXIMUM INPUT SOUND LEVEL: 139 dB SPL, 1 kHz at 1% T.H.D.
DYNAMIC RANGE (TYPICAL): 115 dB, 1 kHz at Max SPL
SIGNAL-TO-NOISE RATIO: 70 dB, 1 kHz at 1 Pa
PHANTOM POWER REQUIREMENTS: 11-52V DC, 2 mA typical
SWITCH: Flat, roll-off
WEIGHT: 5.1 oz (144 g)
DIMENSIONS: 14.37" (365.0 mm) long, 0.48" (12.2 mm) head diameter, 0.74" (18.9 mm) base diameter
OUTPUT CONNECTOR: Integral 3-pin XLRM-type
OPTIONAL INTERCHANGEABLE ELEMENTS: UE-H hypercardioid (100 degrees); UE-O omnidirectional (360 degrees); UE-UL UniLine (90 degrees)
ACCESSORIES FURNISHED: AT8153 two-stage foam windscreen; AT8662 shock mount
AUDIO-TECHNICA CASE STYLE: M34
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Term for Used Gear begins on the expiration of the store return policy.