- Product 701754
Bias SoundSoap 2
- Write a Review
Whether you're shooting videos, building websites, creating presentations, or making music, you probably care about your audio. Now there's an easy-t...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Easily and instantly reduces noise from your digital video or digital audio files!
Whether you're shooting videos, building websites, creating presentations, or making music, you probably care about your audio. Now there's an easy-to-use tool that will make your work sound better than ever.
BIAS SoundSoap scrubs audio squeaky clean, dramatically reducing tape hiss, buzzing, hum, rumble, and most other types of background noise. Making a road movie and need to remove tire noise? Burning CDs from your old tape collection? A perfect narration, except for that annoying air conditioner? SoundSoap them all.
Best of all, while the software uses incredibly advanced technology to do its magic, you don't need to be an audio expert. Just click the one-step Learn Noise button, and watch it automatically clean your audio. Or fine tune the intuitive controls for even more professional results in just seconds.
SoundSoap's Noise Tuner control helps you tune in the hiss and other background noise you want to remove, much like tuning in a radio station. The Learn Noise button will automatically set this control for you. Or, if you like, you can grab it and adjust it manually. The only button you really need to know is Learn Noise. In less than 3 seconds, the software will automatically profile any noise in your signal and adjust the Noise Tuner and Noise Reduction knobs to their ideal settings.
The optimal amount of noise reduction is set automatically (once you click the Learn Noise button). You can also manually adjust the noise reduction. A low setting is good for subtle noise control; for bigger problems, just crank it up and listen to the noise evaporate.
Just how much cleaning is taking place? The unique Wash Window lets you listen and watch while it goes to work. The left side of the SoundSoap Display shows the unprocessed signal, while the right side shows it after it's been cleaned up. (Blue = desired audio signal; red = noise.)
Professional recording engineers know that very low-frequency noise, called "rumble," can be just as troublesome as tape hiss and other higher-frequency noise. With one click on the Remove Rumble button, rumble is practically eliminated, such as an idling truck, or any similar such noise below 40Hz.
Few things can ruin a fine recording as much as a loud hum, typically introduced by electrical interference from fluorescent lights or inferior wiring. Now, when hum raises its ugly head, chop it off with one click of the Remove Hum button. Choose 60Hz (for North America and most other regions with ~120 VAC electricity) or 50Hz (for most regions with ~220 VAC electricity).
The Mode selection lets you choose whether SoundSoap is on or off. You can also listen to just the offending noise (Noise Only); this can be very handy for adjusting the Noise Tuner while preserving the desired sound.
In standalone mode, the program operates as its own application and is able to process the sound of almost any digital video or audio file including QuickTime, DV (camcorder format), MOV, WAV, AIFF, SDII. There's no better, faster, or easier way to clean up your audio files or video soundtracks.
- The ideal audio companion for almost any MiniDV, Digital8, or any other digital camcorder, video editing software, audio CD burning software, digital audio workstation; audio-enabled website; presentation software; or other multimedia application
- Use SoundSoap as a standalone application; or run it as a fully integrated plug-in with any compatible DirectX or VST host program — including BIAS Peak, Vegas Video, Cubase, and others
- SoundSoap's easy and intuitive workspace makes cleaning audio a snap while its unique Wash Window shows how well it works
- Remove hiss, hum, buzzing, rumble, and most other noise without harming the audio you want to preserve
- Use SoundSoap's one-step Learn Noise button to automatically reduce noise, or use its manual controls for more advanced applications
- Standalone version works with most QuickTime compatible audio or video files (DV, WAV, SDII, AIFF, MOV)
- Preserve voice button helps remove noise (and other audio) outside of the range of the human voice
- Hum removal optimized for 60 Hertz (North America, etc.) or 50 Hertz (Europe, Australia, etc.)
- Noise Only mode lets you listen only to the noise being removed and is ideal for fine-tuning SoundSoap's controls
- G3 or G4 Apple Macintosh desktop, PowerBook, or iBook (>400 MHz processor recommended)
- Macintosh OS 10.2 minimum
- Plug-In mode requires compatible OS X VST host application
- Pentium III desktop or laptop (>600 MHz processor recommended)
- Windows XP Home or Professional
- Plug-In mode requires compatible VST or DirectX host application
- 128 MB RAM minimum
- 20 MB available disk space
- Standalone mode requires QuickTime 6 player (included)
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
Comments about Bias SoundSoap 2:
I didn't have high hopes when I purchaced this product, but I expected something that would at least help my recordings. This product was a total waste of my time and money. Having absolutely no software is better than owning this one. All it did was muffle expressive tones and create a sound that was not worth having the product. If your looking for any type of mastering software, look somewhere else.
Comments about Bias SoundSoap 2:
Digitizing large collection of vinyl LPs - many clean, some dirty, scratched, poorly maintained. For the latter, needed something to minimize the offensive "crackling" that couldn't be eliminated by cleaning the record physically. SoundSoap2 does this fairly effectively and with just one of the available controls - the "click & crackle" slider. Though the other noise-reduction knobs & features do their own thing, I found that they just eliminated too much of the musical content of the signal. I usually put the slider for clicks & crackles up anywhere from 5% to 25% depending on conditions and listen to the offensive noise go away. Cool. Overall simple user interface (almost too simple).Would like to see graduated controls, i.e. numbers, percentages of effect applied, etc. As is, you pretty much "play it by ear" as to how much of the sliders & knobs get moved for the effect you want.
Comments about Bias SoundSoap 2:
Does very well in removing rumble, ambient background noise, and hum. Can make a mediocre sound card sound much better. I have not found it to be very good on clicks and pops.A whole lot cheaper than trying to get a very silent recording environment. A must buy for many home recording environments. I am very pleased with the results. It is fairly intuitive and easy to run. I am running it as a plug in to Sonar with no problems. The tech support is limited but good.The noise only option, that allows you to listen to the noise before it is removed, is very useful. The window that lets you visually watch the deletion of the noise is a nice touch. You may will have to try different settings to get the best setting. You may want to run it and remove certain noise, save the results and then run it again to remove other noise.