- Product 186307
BSS Audio DPR-504 Quad Noise Gate
- Write a Review
The BSS DPR-504 is a 4-channel professional noise gate which has been designed for simple and intuitive use. It incorporates modern integrated circui...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Capable of producing the best results in a wide range of applications.
The BSS DPR-504 is a 4-channel professional noise gate which has been designed for simple and intuitive use. It incorporates modern integrated circuit technology for high packing density and long term reliability. Ingenious proprietary techniques are employed to make the engineers life easier without compromise to performance or versatility.
•Four independent channels that are linkable to give either one or two stereo linked master/slave modes
•Flexible parametric Key filter for frequency conscious gating with absolute precision. The parametric EQ approach provides a higher degree of control for accurately rejecting spurious unwanted gate triggers than similar shelving filters.
•Key listen provides operator with the facility to hear the effect of Key side- chain EQ or other processing effect as an aid to setting up.
•Dual metering system which indicates both average and peak responses simultaneously and gives the operator precise information regarding the signal levels around the threshold point. Separate 'gate open' marker LED, linked to gate dynamics, continually monitors interrelation between gate activity and the actual signal.
•IN switch which allows the operator to force open the gate, in the absence of signal, to check the integrity of the signal lines, and observe set dynamics. This also functions as channel bypass.
•Selectable 'Fast and auto' attack modes which have been optimized for accurate and transparent performance over the widest variety of program material. Self adjusting Auto mode deals cleanly with varying dynamics whilst a super fast mode is available for demanding percussion and synthesizer transients.
•Simple to operate, combined Hold and Release control which has special audio-tapered characteristics to give subtle 'musical' envelope shaping.
•Rear mounted electronically balanced XLR input and output connectors.
•Rear mounted 1/4" jack socket allows access to external side-chain key input for uses such as external EQ, delay or keying by and unrelated signal.
- A parametric key filter with key filter listening.
- Simultaneous key level and threshold metering with average and peak metering.
- A gate status LED.
- A RELEASE/HOLD control (hold tracks proportionally with release times).
- Attack switchable auto/fast (auto tracks signal dynamics for optimum setting).
- Link (links two channels together).
- Key source allows external triggers.
DPR-504 Quad Noise Gate
- Input Section
- Impedance: Balanced 12k ohm differential
- Max. Input Level: + 20dBv
- CMRR: better than 50dB, 20Hz to 20Khz
- Connector: XLR3-31 or equivalent style
- Output Section
- Impedance: Balanced and floating to drive 600 ohm loads
- Headroom: +20dBv into 600 ohm load
- Frequency: +/-1dB 20Hz to 20kHz. Ultrasonic low pass filter
- Response: -3dB at 32kHz
- Noise: Measured to CCIR 468-2
- Zero attenuation: <-86dBv
- Maximum attenuation <-90dBv
- Distortion: THD <0.05% 20Hz to 20kHz
- SMPTE IM: <0.02%
- Connector: XLR3-32 or equivalent.
- Operating Controls
- Key filter: Variable between 100Hz and 20kHz centre frequency
- Key width: Variable between 0.5 and 10 octaves
- Key source: Switchable internal or EXTernal via 1/4" RTS jack
- Threshold: Variable between +20dBv and 30dBv
- Attack: Audio attack switchable FAST (20uS) or AUTO (40uS - 5mS) program
- Release: Combined Hold/Release function variable 1mS to 4S
- Hold period tracks proportionally with release
- Release has custom audio taper
- Range Switchable attenuation between -70dB and -20dB
- Link: Stereo linkable in pairs 1/2 and 3/4 Channels 1 and 3 become masters
- EXT Socket 3 pole 1/4" RTS jack socket to provide unbalanced access into key side chain
- Key level: Simultaneous average and peak reading 12 point LED display showing 28dB range of Key side-chain signal
- Gate open: Single triangular LED showing exact gate status
- Mimics response profile as set by attack and release controls