- Product 481860
Crown MA-5002VZ AE Macro-Tech Anniversary Power Amp
- Write a Review
Having recently crossed its 60th year and more than two decades of producing the industry-standard Macro-Tech Series of power amplifiers, Crown Inter...Read More
We're sorry—this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Similar Items:
Having recently crossed its 60th year and more than two decades of producing the industry-standard Macro-Tech Series of power amplifiers, Crown International is commemorating both milestones with a special, one-time production of the Crown MA-5002VZAE Macro-Tech Anniversary Power Amp.
This amp is the big Daddy of the three Anniversary models. It features a new, visually striking, copper-plated front panel (including handles, knobs, buttons, etc.) and is shipped in a custom wood crate. A special brochure chronicling the history of the product from its initial concept through today will also accompany this amp. It will also include a specification sheet, detailing the actual benchmarked performance of that specific amplifier, signed and numbered by Crown Senior VP of Research Gerald Stanley, whose patented technologies and innovative design philosophies ultimately made the Macro-Tech Series a global success. A very limited quantity of the MA-5002VZ AE amplifiers will be produced - only 600 in total will be available worldwide.
The Crown MA-5002VZ AE Macro-Tech Anniversary Power Amp is modeled after the Macro-Tech Series of Power amps, that are known to fit applications so well, that they are deemed a classic. The term is synonymous with the Crown Macro-Tech Series of power amplifiers. That product line, and its predecessor Micro-Tech, sparked innovative technologies that provided lower distortion, less thermal stress, higher output power, greater reliability, more power density and amazing audio quality. Like all Crown amps, the defining characteristic of the Macro-Tech Series is sonic accuracy. A tight, rock-solid low end, with smooth, detailed highs and a well-defined midrange. In short, one of the most accurate reproductions, of an audio signal, you've ever heard. Crown puts quality of sound above all else, so their power amplifiers are some of the most coveted in the business.
The big daddy in the 60th Anniversary, Limited Edition Power Amp lineup.
- Copper-plated front panel (including handles, knobs, buttons, etc.)
- Shipped in a custom wood crate
- Special brochure chronicling the history of the product from its initial concept through today
- Specification sheet, detailing the actual benchmarked performance of that specific amplifier, signed and numbered by Crown Senior VP of Research Gerald Stanley
MA-5002VZ AE Macro-Tech Anniversary Power Amp
- 2-ohm dual (per ch.) 2,500W @ 1kHz power, 2,155W @ 20Hz-20kHz power
- 4-ohm dual (per ch.) 2,000W @ 1kHz power, 1,775W @ 20Hz-20kHz power
- 8-ohm dual (per ch.) 1,300W @ 1kHz power, 1,090W @ 20Hz-20kHz power
- 4-ohm bridge-mono 5,000W @ 1kHz power
- 8-ohm bridge-mono 4,000w @ 1kHz power,
- 3,670W @ 20Hz-20kHz power
- Load Impedance: Safe with all types of loads. Rated for 2 to 8 ohms in Stereo, 4 to 16 ohms in Bridge-Mono and 1 to 4 ohms in Parallel-mono mode.
- Voltage Gain to 1-kHz, 8-ohm rated output;
- 132:1 6% or 42 dB 1 dB gain at 0.775-volt sensitivity.
- 71:1 12% or 37 dB 1 dB gain at 1.4-volt sensitivity.
- 20:1 3% or 26 dB 0.25 dB gain at the 26-dB gain setting.
- Required AC Mains: 50 or 60 Hz; 100-, 120-, 200-, 208-, 230-, 240-VAC (10%)
- AC Line Current,
- Current, voltage and frequency requirements are provided on the units back panel
- At Idle: All units draw 90 watts or less
- AC Line Connector: 10 AWG cord-set with NEMA TT30P plug is provided on 120 VAC, 60 Hz North American units
- Frequency Response: 0.1 dB from 20 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 watt
- Phase Response: 10 degrees from 10 Hz to 20 kHz at 1 watt
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio,A-weighted:
- Better than 105 dB below rated 1-kHz power
- Total Harmonic Distortion (THD): 1-kHz rated power, 0.05% or less true THD
- Intermodulation Distortion (IMD): (60 Hz and 7 kHz at 4:1) Less than 0.05% from rated power to 35 dB below rated power at 8 ohms
- Damping Factor: Greater than 1,000 from 10 Hz to 400 Hz
- Controlled Slew Rate: (Slew rates are limited to useful levels for ultrasonic/RF protection.) Greater than 30 volts per microsecond
- Compressor: A three-position back-panel switch is used to control each channels input compressor. The "fast" setting provides an attack time of 4 milliseconds and a release time of 300 milliseconds; the "slow" setting provides an attack time of 12 milliseconds and a release time of 600 milliseconds; the "off" setting defeats output-driven compression
- Enable: A front-panel push button used to turn the amplifier on and off
- Input Ground Lift: A two-position back-panel switch located on the PIP2-FXQ used to isolate the input audio signal grounds from the AC (chassis) ground
- Level: A front-panel rotary potentiometer for each channel with 31 detents used to control the output level
- Loudspeaker Offset Integration: A two-position back-panel switch for each channel used to turn the loudspeaker protection circuitry on and off. The circuitry protects against DC, off-center woofer cone movement, and unwanted subsonic and ultrasonic frequencies
- Sensitivity: A three-position back-panel switch for each channel used to select input sensitivity: 0.775 volts or 1.4 volts for standard 1-kHz power, or a 26 dB voltage gain
- Stereo/Mono: A three-position back-panel switch used to select Stereo, Bridge-Mono or Parallel-Mono mode
- VZ Mode: A four-position switch for each channel inside the front panel used to control the switching mode of the VZ power supplies
- Enable: An amber front-panel LED that shows the on/off status of the low-voltage power supply
- Signal/IOC: A green front-panel LED for each channel that flashes to show amplifier output. If a channels output waveform differs from its input by 0.05% or more, the indicator flashes brightly to show distortion
- ODEP: An amber front panel LED for each channel that shows thermal-dynamic energy reserve. Normally, each ODEP indicator is lit to show available reserve energy. In the rare event that a channel has no reserve, its indicator will dim in proportion to ODEP limiting
- ILoad/ILimit: A two-color (green/red) LED for each channel that shows load current and limit current. They glow green to indicate load current flowing out the amplifier, and they turn red when maximum current is being delivered to the load
- Input Connectors: Balanced three-pin XLR and balanced -inch(6.35-mm) TRS connectors are provided on the factory-installed PIP2-FXQ
- Input Impedance: Greater than 10 kohms, balanced. Greater than 5 kohms, unbalanced
- Input Sensitivity: Settings include 0.775 volts or 1.4 volts for standard 1 kHz power, or a 26 dB voltage gain
- Output Connectors: A multifunction, high-current output block is provided. Crown output blocks include three pairs of connectors for each channel (a total of 12 connectors). This allows multiple loudspeakers to be easily connected to each channel. High current screw terminals and banana jacks are provided which accept spade lugs, banana plugs or bare wire
- Output Impedance: Less than 10 milliohms in series with less than 2.5 microhenries
- DC Output Offset: 10 millivolts
- Output Signal,
- Stereo: Unbalanced, two-channel
- Bridge-Mono: Balanced, single-channel. Channel 1 controls are active; Channel 2 controls are by passed
- Parallel-Mono: Unbalanced, single-channel. Channel 1 controls are active; Channel 2 controls are removed from operation
- Turn On: The four second turn-on delay prevents dangerous turn-on transients. It also has "soft start" to avoid tripping the AC circuit breaker by gradually bringing the supplies up to full voltage
- Crown PIP and PIP2 modules including IQ-PIP modules.
- Cooling: Internal heat sinks with on-demand, proportional forced-air cooling controlled by ODEP. Includes custom heat diffusers and patented circuitry to promote uniform dissipation
- Dimensions: 19" (48.3-cm) standard rack mount width (EIA RS-310-B), 5.25" (13.3-cm) height, 15.875" (40.3-cm) depth behind mounting surface, and 2.875" (7.3 cm) in front of mounting surface. Allow 3 inches (7.6 cm) behind the back-panel for adequate air-flow
- Net Weight: 77lbs, 9 ounces (35.2 kg)
- Shipping Weight: 88lbs, 10 ounces (40.2 kg)
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
If you have oodles of cash and collect amplifiers the way some people collect stamps, this might be a good amp. We heard it at a trade show and immediately thought something was wrong. Te classical program material they used to demonstrate the amp sounded squashed, like bad FM radio. as it turns out, it was squashed. We asked around and found out that this thing has a compressor circuit built in, NOT to protect speakers, ( although that is ostensibly it function. The compressor does what any compressor does, it changes the transients and dynamic range so that it sounds "Louder" to the untrained ear. That's the same cheap nasty trick commercials use on TV to make them so annoying and artificially LOUD.Crown used to be an American Icon. Harman has ruined that. This anniversary amp is an overpriced power hog. It is the enemy of real quality sound.If you want that fake "corporate" smoothness, and have too much money to waste, this is the amp of choice.I used to love Crown International. they used to represent everything that was right with American technology, engineering expertise, quality manufacturing and ethical business practice.Since being acquired by Harman, Crown is just another corporate-owned "brand name" used to bilk confused consumers out of excess cash.