- Product 704168
Digidesign Digi 002 Rack Music Production System
- Write a Review
The Digidesign Digi 002R Music Production System packs all the punch of Digi 002 (minus the control surface interface) into a 2U rackmountable unit.C...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
An affordable FireWire-based Pro Tools mini studio!
The Digidesign Digi 002R Music Production System packs all the punch of Digi 002 (minus the control surface interface) into a 2U rackmountable unit.
Create everything from topnotch demos to masterful DJ mixes to superb radio spots, all with 24-bit clarity and up to 96kHz sample rate support. Analog, digital, and MIDI capabilities for a wide variety of I/O configurations, with dedicated monitor and headphone outputs.
Single-box design includes a sole FireWire connection to your PC or Mac (OS 10.4.3), so you just plug in and go. No additional hardware is required—great for laptops. Everything you need to create professional audio productions with Pro Tools ease, power, and flexibility. FireWire-based portability makes it equally viable for studio and live applications.
8 channels of balanced analog I/O, 8 channels of ADAT optical I/O, and 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O, all easily accessible via the back panel. 4 mic preamps with 48V phantom power; 96 kHz converters; one MIDI Iine and 2 MIDI out ports for a total of 16-in/32-out MIDI channels; a separate unbalanced RCA-based, -10dBV main input and output (for recording from/to cassette decks or CD players); and an alternate source input for monitoring tape or CD players at the touch of a button.
24-bit robust signal throughout. Sample rates extend up to 96kHz, and a >105dB dynamic range further ensures the sonic quality of your end results. Whether you are working with raw audio, MIDI, or a combination of the 2, Digi 002 Rack and Pro Tools LE work together seamlessly to allow you to optimize your time and creativity. Ships with the latest 32-track Pro Tools LE software, giving you greater functionality and ease-of-use than ever before.
RTAS/AudioSuite-format plug-ins offer even more production options. Pro Tools LE software includes a variety of professional Digidesign plug-ins with the DigiRack plug-in bundle. And, as Digi 002 Rack includes native support for the RTAS format, you can always augment your system with a large variety of professional plug-ins created by Digidesign.
Connecting the Digi 002 Rack to your computer is as simple as plugging in a FireWire cable, which facilitates the flow of all audio streams, MIDI data, and Pro Tools control data between Digi 002 Rack and your host computer. For storage and throughput, an extra FireWire port allows you to connect another FireWire-capable device, such as an external hard drive, to your computer while simultaneously running the Pro Tools application. For Windows XP users, Digi 002 Rack works with leading 1394 (FireWire) controller cards.
Digi 002 Rack works with any FireWire-enabled system to give you serious creative power. You're neither restricted to bulky, desktop CPUs, nor to a software-only working environment. And your sessions are equally viable in your own studio and in a professional Pro Tools TDM studio, sharing the same interface, and in many respects, the same functionality.
No other product prepares you as effectively to make the transition from an all-in-one home/project solution to a professional DAW environment. And, no other product can touch the value.
Included With All Pro Tools LE Systems
When you buy a Pro Tools LE interface you get an incredible Music Production Enhancement Suite that includes Reason Adapted, Ableton Live Digidesign Edition, IK Multimedia SampleTank SE, IK Multimedia AmpliTube LE, and IK Multimedia T-RackS EQ.
An easy-to-use studio package providing a
virtual rack of innovative synthesizers, samplers, and effects along with a mixer and MIDI support. All sound from Reason Adapted can be streamed directly into the Pro Tools mixer via ReWire for additional processing.
Ableton Live Digidesign Edition
A flexible, incredibly intuitive sample sequencer application that enables you to both create, modify, and playback loops, phrases, and songs via Ableton's "elastic audio" technology. Multiple
samples can be automatically played back simultaneously at a user-defined tempo, and, as with Reason, all audio readily finds its way into Pro Tools via ReWire.
IK Multimedia AmpliTube LE
A guitar processing plug-in, AmpliTube LE gives
you easy access to several amplifier and cabinet
models as well as classic stompbox and other
effects. Use them on guitars and/or experiment with other track treatments.
IK Multimedia T-RackS EQ
The EQ module from IK Multimedia's acclaimed T-RackS analog mastering suite, T-RackS EQ offers Pro Tools users a powerful, tube-modeled parametric EQ to use during mixing and mastering.
IK Multimedia SampleTank SE
A powerful sample playback module providing quick access to a host of included samples and the ability to easily move between them. Acting as a plug-in within the Pro Tools mixer, SampleTank SE enables you to start creating in Pro Tools immediately.
NOTE: Registered users of IK products are entitled to an upgrade to the IK Studio Bundle—an awesome suite of music production tools.
All features, specifications and prices subject to change without notice. Digidesign reserves the right to terminate this offer at any time.
ATTENTION POWER MAC QUAD OWNERS
Digidesign Pro Tools LE 7.0cs2 is a free update for Pro Tools LE 7 customers that introduces compatibility for Pro Tools LE 7 software and the Digi 002, Digi 002 Rack, Mbox, and Mbox hardware interfaces on the Apple Power Mac G5 QUAD. Customers can download the update at: http://www.digidesign.com/download/cs.
- Single FireWire connection to PC or Mac host computer
- 8 analog inputs with 4 mic preamps with individual gain and high-pass filter
- 48V phantom power enabled on channel pairs
- 8 analog outputs
- Outputs 1 & 2 mirrored on 1/4" TRS monitor output (with dedicated volume control), headphone output on 1/4" TRS (with dedicated volume control knob), and RCA-based —10dBV fixed output
- 8 channels of ADAT optical I/O or 2 channels of optical S/PDIF I/O
- 2 channels of S/PDIF I/O on RCA connectors
- Alternate source Input for direct monitoring of -10dBV audio equipment (CD players, tape players, etc.)
- 24-bit/96kHz converters, up to >108dB dynamic range and >98dB (0.002%) THD+N
- MIDI I/O—1 IN port, 2 OUT ports (16 channels in, 32 channels out)
- Footswitch jack for QuickPunch control
- 2U rackmountable chassis
- Support for PC and Mac (OS 10.2.5)
- Sample rate: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Max Input:
- Inputs 1-4 (mic): +3 dBu
- Inputs 1-4 (line): +18 dBu
- Inputs 5-8 (line/+4 mode): +18 dBu
- Gain Range:
- Inputs 1-4: Mic Setting: +15 - +65 dB; Line/DI Setting: +0 - +50 dB
- Inputs 5-8—fixed +4 dBu or —10 dBV, -14 dB headroom
- Mic E.I.N (unweighted):
- Inputs 1-4: —126 dBu @ 65 dB gain, 150 ohm source, 20 Hz—20 kHz
- Inputs 1-4 (mic): 0.004%, 62 dB gain see 1,3
- Inputs 1-4 (line): 0.004%, +17 dBu signal (minimum gain) see 1,3
- Inputs 5-6: 0.002% @ +17 dBu input level
- Inputs 7-8: 0.003% @ +17 dBu input level
- Dynamic range: see 1,2
- Inputs 1-4: >101 dB (A-weighted), 98 dB (unweighted)
- Inputs 5-8: >108 dB (A-weighted), 105 dB (unweighted) see 5
- Alt Source Inputs: >99 dB (A-weighted), 97 dB (unweighted)
- Frequency Response:
- +0.15 / -0.5 dB, 20 Hz—20 kHz
- Input Impedance:
- Inputs 1-4 (XLR): 2 kohm
- Inputs 1-4 (1/4"): 10 Mohm
- Sample Rate:
- 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96 kHz
- Max Output:
- Main (1-2), Monitor, and Outputs (3-8): +18 dBu
- Alt. —10 dBV Outputs: +4 dBV
- Headphone Outputs: +15 dBu, 150 ohm load
- THD+N: see 1,3,4
- Main Outputs: <0.0016% (-95 dB)
Monitor Outputs: <0.0016% (-95 dB)
Outputs 3-8: <0.0023% (-93 dB)
Alt. —10 dBV Outputs: <0.0023% (-93 dB)
- Dynamic range: see 1,3,4
- Main Outputs: 114 dB (A-weighted), 112 dB (unweighted)
- Monitor Outputs: 112 dB (A-weighted), 110 dB (unweighted)
- Outputs 3-8: 114 dB (A-weighted), 112 dB (unweighted)
- Alt. —10 dBV Outputs: 98 dB (A-weighted), 95 dB (unweighted)
- Frequency Response:
- +0.15 / -0.5 dB, 20 Hz—20 kHz
- Output Impedance:
- 50 ohms
- 1 - Measurement made using balanced connectors
- 2 - ADC measured -60 dBFS method with a gain setting such that +18 dBu = 0 dBFS at S/PDIF output
- 3 - Measured relative to level at 1 kHz
- 4 - Measured with digital input at -60 dBFS @ 1 kHz
- 5 - Measured using "+4" setting