- Product 630146
Edirol M-16DX 16-Channel Digital Mixer
- Write a Review
The MD-16DX audio mixer lets you hear your mix with industry-standard 24-bit/96kHz sound and see it as well with spectrum analysis displayed on a hig...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
16-channel 24-bit/96kHz mixer with spectrum analysis for accurate mixing and mastering.
The MD-16DX audio mixer lets you hear your mix with industry-standard 24-bit/96kHz sound and see it as well with spectrum analysis displayed on a high-contrast, backlit LCD. With powerful effects onboard, an intelligent Room Acoustic Control function, and loads of digital and analog connectivity, the M-16DX signals a new era in digital mixing.
24/96kHz Full Digital Audio Processing
Ready to upgrade the quality of your mixes to the standard used in professional studios? You can with the M-16DX, which contains a powerful 24-bit/96kHz digital processing engine that provides a transparent mixing foundation.
3-band EQ Controls
Each channel strip is equipped with Low-Cut Filter, 3-Band EQ, Pan, Aux, Select, Solo/Mute and Level controls. The Midrange EQ has Q & frequency controls for precise tone shaping on each channel. With 24-bit/96kHz internal digital processing, the original audio source can be shaped using the onboard EQ and effects with absolutely no loss in audio quality.
Don't let its small footprint deceive you ” the Edirol M-16DX is a new generation sound mixer comprising two modules: the Mix Controller for your desktop, and the I/O Module, which can be mounted in a rack. Together, these two components provide a wide assortment of connection and processing features.
EDIROL Innovation ” "Room Acoustic Control"
In a portable mixing first, the M-16DX features a high-contrast, backlit LCD that lets you to see the effects in operation, as well as a spectrum analysis of your mix! Also onboard is the intelligent Room Acoustic Control function, which automatically analyzes and compensates for the frequency response of your studio. It's fast, easy and effective.
Powerful Built-In FX
A full-featured DSP effects processor is built into the M-16DX, with COSM Insert Effects, Reverb/Echo Effects and Finalize Effects.
Flexible I/O & 18-in/2-out USB 2.0 Audio Interface
Digital and analog connectivity ” it's all here, and more. Channels 1-4 contain quality mic preamps with phantom power; channels 1 and 2 also offer Hi-Z switches for directly connecting guitar and bass. Channels 11 and 12 provide direct digital input via S/PDIF coaxial & optical. A USB 2.0 port allows the mixer to work as a multitrack audio interface.
- 16-channel full digital mixer with 24-bit/96kHz internal processing
- 3-band EQ controls (Q & Freq.) with graphic LCD for precise tone shaping
- Easy-to-use operation with common analog mixer controls
- 2-piece mixer + module design
- "Room Acoustic Control" for automatic room compensation
- Built-in pro-quality effects, including COSM insert effects, reverb effects and finalize effects
- Flexible analog and digital I/O, including four high-quality mic preamps
- 18-in/2-out USB 2.0 audio interface for computer multi-track recording
- AC adaptor and connection cable (2 meter, 6 ft.) included
- Cakewalk SONAR LE CD-ROM included
- Number of Input Channels: 16 channels
- AD/DA Conversion: Sample Rate: 44.1/48.0/96.0 kHz, Signal Processing: 24 bits
- Frequency Response: 96.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 40 kHz (+3/-3 dB), 48.0 kHz: 20 Hz to 22 kHz (+3/-3 dB), 44.1 kHz: 20 Hz to 20 kHz (+3/-3 dB)
- Residual Noise Level (IHF-A, typ.): MAIN MIX LEVEL knob = -ˆž, Channel LEVEL knobs = -ˆž, MAIN MIX LEVEL knob = U, Channel LEVEL knobs = -ˆž: -96 dBu, MAIN MIX LEVEL knob = U, Channel LEVEL knobs = U: -83 dBu
- Nominal Input Level: MIC connectors 1”4: -60 to -10 dBu, LINE IN jacks 1”4: -40 to +10 dBu, * Maximum input level: Nominal input level + 22 dB, LINE IN jacks 5”16: +0 dBu, LINE IN jacks 15”16 (RCA pin type, Stereo miniature phone type): -10 dBu, * Maximum input level: Nominal input level + 18 dB
- Input Impedance: MIC connectors 1”4: 1.5 kohms, LINE IN jacks 1”4: 20 kohms, LINE IN jacks 5”16: 20 kohms, LINE IN jacks 15”16 (Stereo miniature phone type): 14 kohms
- Nominal Output Level: MAIN OUT jacks/ALT OUT jacks/AUX SEND jacks 1”2: +0 dBu, 2 TRACK OUT jacks L”R: -10 dBu, CONTROL ROOM jacks: -6 dBu, * Maximum output level: Nominal Output Level + 22 dB
- Output Impedance: MAIN OUT jacks/ALT OUT jacks/AUX SEND jacks 1”2: 600 ohms, 2 TRACK OUT jacks L”R: 1 kohms
- Recommended Load Impedance: 10 kohms or greater
- Display: Graphic LCD 122 x 32 dot (with back-light)
- Connectors (I/O module): MIC connectors 1”4: XLR type (balanced / phantom power +48 V), LINE IN jacks 1”14: 1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced), * LINE IN jacks 1”2: supports use of hi-impedance, LINE IN jacks 15”16: RCA pin type, MAIN OUT jacks L”R: 1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced), ALT OUT jack L”R: 1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced), AUX SEND jacks 1”2: 1/4 inch TRS phone type (balanced), 2 TRACK OUT jack L”R: RCA pin type, DIGITAL INPUT jack/connector: Optical type, Coaxial type, DIGITAL OUTPUT jack/connector: Optical type, Coaxial type, USB Connector, DX BUS Connector: D-SUB 15 pin
- Connectors (MIX controller): LINE IN jacks 15”16: 1/4 inch phone type (unbalanced), Stereo miniature phone type, PHONES jack: Stereo 1/4 inch phone type, CONTROL ROOM jacks L”R: 1/4 inch phone type (Impedance balanced), DX BUS Connector: D-SUB 15 pin
- DSP processing: Room Acoustic Control (Built-in Microphone), 16 Band Graphic EQ, Finalize: Enhancer/Multi-band Compressor-Limiter, Insertion effects: Power compressor/Vocal enhancer/Narration enhancer, Echo/Reverb: Short echo/Echo/Room reverb/Small hall reverb/Large hall reverb
- Number of USB Audio Record/Playback Channels: Record; 18 channels, Playback: 2 channels, Full duplex, * When using the mixer as a USB audio interface, the Finalize effects are not available in 96 kHz mode.
- Power Supply: DC 9 V (AC adaptor)
- Current Draw: 1.4 A
- Phantom Power: +48 V/5 mA (each input)
- Accessories: Owner's manual, Read this first/M-16DX driver installation (driver installation manual), Controller cable (D-SUB 15 pin, 2 m), USB cable, Driver CD-ROM, SONAR LE CD-ROM, AC Adaptor, Rack-mount adaptor, Rubber feet (I/O module), Roland software license agreement
- Dimensions (W x H x D): 11-1/16" x 1-3/4" x 8-5/8", (280mm x 44mm x 219mm)
- Weight: 2 lbs. 11 oz., 1.2 kg
- *The specifications are subject to change without notice.
Reviewed by 3 customers
Displaying reviews 1-3
I owned a Presonus Firebox and wanted to upgrade to another interface with more features. But I also was searching for a mixer that would allow me to make easy work without a computer. The I found out that I could have both! An audio interface/mixer combo. I am in love with my M-16dx, it's so versatile and reliable that I'm shocked it is so unknown. Now I'm reading that firmware update also makes it a sufrace control!! I can record up to 16 tracks via USB, I can save mixing scenarios of my band, and I can use it as a control surface for Logic in my Mac. Love it!!
With it's compact design and all the features including it's 2.0 OS update allowing it to become a DAW control surface and mixer at the same time, this mixer/interface is the perfect piece of equipment for a home/mobile studio. I am very pleased with the quality of the M-16DX.
Out of production goodie so practical and usable for live sound AND as an interface DAW CONTROLLER sounds excellent AND NOW SO INEXPENSIVE