- Write a Review
Q-Series accuracy and power in a tiny 13" cube.
Measuring a mere 13" x 13" x 13" and featuring an 8" woofer coupled with a high-powered, 1" compression horn driver, the Equator Q8 Reference Monitor delivers the power and accuracy of their larger Q Series models, but in a more compact form. A 2-way active system, the Q8 enclosure is constructed of 13-ply Baltic birch and is heavily braced for cabinet rigidity.
All Q Series monitor speakers feature a Zero Point Reference coaxial design with Digitally Controlled Transducers. The CPU that resides inside each Equator monitor handles a host of formidable tasks, including matching the transducers as well as seamlessly incorporating the system's crossover approach. This unique no-slope crossover approach reduces the mid-range distortion commonly associated with conventional coaxial designs to facilitate highly accurate, natural sounding mid-range reproduction that is never harsh.
The Equator Audio Q Series monitors also benefit from cutting-edge Digital Signal Processing technology that helps mix engineers ensure their room is optimized for accurate monitoring. Included with every Equator Q Series monitor is a software application that enables a mix engineer to manually compensate for acoustic anomalies such as issues created by speaker placement and boundary conditions within the listening environment. Along with the environmental compensation, this included software also provides extraordinary control over the monitors, including equalization, mute, solo, and phase.
- 8" LF driver
- 1" titanium dome rear-firing compression driver
- Coaxial design
- 200W (LF)/200W (HF) power amplifiers
- DSP control of crossover approach, equalization, mute, solo, and phase
- USB port
Take your monitor into even the most cramped playing quarters—order the Q8 now.
Q Series Q8 Coaxial Reference Monitor
- Frequency Response (-6dB): 32Hz - 22kHz
- Recommended Line Level Input: 10mV - 2V
- Amplifier Power (LF/HF): 200W/200W
- Amplifier Peak Power (LF/HF): 400W/400W
- Sensitivity: 1w/1m output, 89 dB
- Max SPL (per pair): ≥112dB
- Input Impedance: 10kOhm
- L.F. Driver VC Size: 3"
- L.F. Driver (4- ohm): 8"
- H.F. Driver (8-ohm): 1" Titanium Dome Forward Firing Compression Driver
- Crossover Frequency: 1.8kHz
- Inputs: XLR, USB, RS485 in/thru, 1/4" phone jack
- Protection: Compression (LF & HF), thermal, short circuit, under voltage
- Magnetic Shielding: Yes
- Software system requirements:
- Windows: Windows XP and newer
- Mac: OSX 10.4 and newer
- Available USB port
- Enclosure Alignment: Bass-Reflex
- Enclosure Construction: 1" HDF baffle & 3/4" 13-layer Baltic birch
- Finish: Black/Micro-Metallic gray
- Dimensions: 13" W x 13" H x 13" D
- Weight: 34lb.
Musician's Friend Gold Coverage
Gold Coverage goes above and beyond the manufacturer's warranty to protect your gear from unexpected breakdowns, accidental damage from handling and failures. This plan covers your product for one, two, three or up to five years from your date of purchase, costs just pennies per day and gives you a complete "no-worry" solution for protecting your investment.
Gold Coverage Includes:
- Unexpected and unintentional spills, drops and cracks
- Normal wear and tear
- Power surges
- Dust, internal heat and humidity
Other plan features include:
- For products over $200, No Lemon Policy applies. If it fails for the same defect 3 times, it is replaced on the 4th breakdown. (Does not apply to failures due to drops, spills, and cracks)
- For products under $200 experiencing the above failures, a Musician's Friend gift card will be issued for the full price of the product + tax.
- Shipping fees covered if required for repair or replacement
- Plans are transferable in the event merchandise is sold
- Plans are renewable on new gear
*Limitations and exclusions apply. See terms and conditions for program details
Term for New Gear begins on date of purchase but does not replace the store return policy or manufacturer coverage.
Reviewed by 1 customer
Displaying review 1
- Clear Sound
- Professional Recording
Comments about Equator Audio Research Q Series Q8 Coaxial Reference Monitor:
Great monitors huge sweetspot sounds great with all kinds of music and applications also worked with the Q12's again a great set of monitors!