- Product 603272
Event Tuned Reference TR5 Active Monitors
- Write a Review
The Event Tuned Reference TR5 Active Monitors feature the same tweeter and driver as Event's super-popular Project Studio 5. The 25mm soft-dome neody...Read More
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Mixes you can trust for an unbelievably low price.
The Event Tuned Reference TR5 Active Monitors feature the same tweeter and driver as Event's super-popular Project Studio 5. The 25mm soft-dome neodymium tweeter and 5.25" mineral-impregnated polypropylene driver are coupled with a powerful amp that delivers clean, clear, flat sound via an active second-order crossover. Magnetically shielded. Protection circuitry for RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, and turn off/on transients. Balanced XLR and 1/4"; unbalanced RCA inputs. Power on and clip LEDs. 53Hz-19kHz frequency response. 7-1/2"W x 10-1/2"H x 9"D.
- 25mm soft-dome neodymium tweeter
- 5.25" mineral-impregnated polypropylene driver
- Tweeter and driver are same as used in the Project Studio 5
- Powerful new amp that delivers clean, clear, flat sound
- Active second-order crossover
- Magnetically shielded
- Protection circuitry for RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, and turn off/on transients
- Balanced XLR and 1/4"; unbalanced RCA inputs
- Power on and clip LEDs
- 53Hz-19kHz frequency response
Tuned Reference TR5 Active Monitors
- LF Driver: Magnetically shielded 5.25" mineral-filled polypropylene cone with 1" diameter high-temperature voice coil and damped rubber surround
- HF Driver: Magnetically shielded 1" diameter ferrofluid-cooled natural soft dome neodymium
- Frequency Response: 53Hz - 19kHz, ±3dB, ref. 500Hzz
- Power Output (SPL): >105dB
- Crossover: 2.6kHz, active second-order
- Inputs: Balanced XLR and 1/4"; unbalanced RCA
- Indicators: Power-On LED
- Noise: >100dB below fulloutput, 20kHz bandwidth, unweighted
- Input sensitivity control range: 20dB
- Protection: RF interference, output current limiting, over temperature, turn-on/off transient, subsonic filter, internal fuse.
- Dimensions: 7-1/2" W x 10-1/2" H x 9" D
Reviewed by 9 customers
Displaying reviews 1-9
I have owned these monitors for over 3 years and i have had absolutely no problems with them. Sound quality is great and the price is good too. Nothing wrong with these.
I am a recording engineer with several sets of Event monitors. I use the TR5s to master at low sound levels. The amps seem to last several years, and then fail. After speaking to other musicians, and viewing numerous threads, this appears to be a chronic issue. At the TR5's price point, it is more economical to buy new speakers than to repair them after the warranty period. Despite the good sound quality, I do not recommend them for that reason.
These speakers certainly do the job and more. The provide an excellent reference that translates to most audio systems accurately. I have been using them for 3 months now and they are great for start up studios.
These are great monitors for the price, they deliver a smooth accurate sound, and that is really what you need when it comes to mixing down a song. The low end picks up the accoustic bass and reproduces the sound easily without distortion.
For the amount of cash a pretty solid performer. Don't take my word for it compare the sound to others in that price range,you could do alot worse. If you are on a tight budget this is a good choice.
These were a great buy. For the cost you can't get any better, the held up through some rough recordings, and still sound great. A must for any small studio projects, and even some bigger projects. Overall the best i've used in its price range.
Used these at another studio and quite honestly, these are the best monitors in the business in this price range. I have owned previous products by Roland (RSM-90) and several others and these make me wish I would have saved my money to purchase these and some other fun tools. As soon as I sell my other monitors I am getting these.
Im am overall satisfied with these direct field montitors, although I don't agree with other review that said when you turn up they still perform good. I noticed at around 85 db the bass droppes out and gets horendously muddy. But other than this I believe these are some of the best in this price range.
Mayn, these are great for what I need them to do. I will probably upgrade as my studio progresses but these blew me away! The clarity is amazing and even at high volumes they hold up. I recommend for the small studio/ beginning producer.