- Product 180197
Focusrite LIQUID4PRE 4-Channel Mic Pre-amp
- Write a Review
Focusrite's new LIQUID4PRE four-channel microphone preamplifier utilizes the Liquid Channel's proven Liquid technology. It's the marriage of a hugely...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
4-channel modeling preamp delivers 40 vintage and classic mic preamp emulations.
Focusrite's new LIQUID4PRE four-channel microphone preamplifier utilizes the Liquid Channel's proven Liquid technology. It's the marriage of a hugely flexible analog front-end with cutting-edge dynamic convolution DSP to deliver the sounds of 40 vintage and classic microphone preamplifiers across all four channels. Augmented by fully digital controls and remote software control over Ethernet, LIQUID4PRE provides the ultimate fluid multichannel front-end.
99 unit setup memories provide total recall of every parameter across all four channels, delivering instant multiple user presets and a comprehensive backup of session settings. These memories can be managed via either the hardware, or LIQUID4PRE's dedicated control software, LIQUID4CONTROL. This intuitive software application places comprehensive pre-amp control inside the DAW. Communication between LIQUID4PRE and the DAW flows via Ethernet, with LIQUID4CONTROL providing comprehensive management of multiple LIQUID4PREs. A similar ProTools TDM/RTAS plug-in allows integrated remote control via ProTools hardware and software, including Icon and Venue systems, providing all the benefits of a ProTools TDM/RTAS plug-in, such as comprehensive automation and session integration.
The unique Harmonics and Session Saver features from The Liquid Channel are also provided across all four LIQUID4PRE channels. The adjustable harmonic distortion circuit accounts for variance in the vintage originals, but can also be used creatively to vary the sound of each preamp. Session saver is a unique automatic gain control circuit that intelligently reduces the input level to help avoid critical overs. Each channel also features a classic Focusrite high-pass filter, phantom power, and phase reverse, available directly from the front fascia independently for every channel. These controls sit alongside the four large information display screens which, as well as providing in-depth information of settings, also display huge digital VU meters, providing accurate, responsive and easy-to-read metering. An additional feature essential for the LIVE sound arena is Operator Lock, which guarantees secure use in public arenas by locking the front panel controls to help avoid any unwanted alteration of preamps settings, including gain.
AES and ADAT optical digital inputs and outputs are provided as standard to integrate with a variety of digital I/O setups. However, an optional EtherSound eight-channel card is also available, providing effective connectivity for large studios, post production installs, and live sound engineers using EtherSound. Multiple unit set ups are easily configured for remote control via LIQUID4CONTROL utilizing an Ethernet hub. With a third Slave ADAT input, audio from two LIQUID4PREs can be routed directly to a single optional EtherSound card, or at 48kHz, all eight channels can be routed to a single ADAT light-pipe output.
Finally, the Focusrite site features its own dedicated online emulations library, Liquid Assets, which continues to be updated with additional vintage emulations, available to the worldwide liquid community as free downloads.
- 4 Liquid Preamps, each loaded with 40 classic pre-amp emulations to deliver an ultra-flexible four channel front end
- Proven Liquid technology: The same preamp technology as the industry-standard Liquid Channel, marrying a hugely flexible analog front-end to cutting-edge dynamic convolution DSP, to deliver the finest vintage emulations
- Total recall of every parameter across all four channels: 99 unit setup memories provide instant safety back-ups, multiple user sets, a backup of session settings. Full Liquid Channel 2.0 specification also allows external MIDI control of gain levels, program memory selection, etc.
- Remote control via dedicated software: LIQUID4CONTROL provides comprehensive remote control over Ethernet, as well as management of multiple LIQUID4PREs, placing comprehensive pre-amp control inside the DAW or digital console
- Remote control via ProTools hardware: Exclusive plug-in allows integrated remote control via ProTools hardware and software, including Icon and Venue systems
- Adjustable harmonic distortion: Aids re-creation of specific vintage originals. Accounts for variance in vintage originals while providing additional variance over the sound of every pre-amp emulation
- Session saver: An automatic gain control circuit intelligently reduces input level to help avoid critical overs
- 6. 192kHz internal processing and ADC/DAC as standard, pristine state-of-the-art conversion
- 192kHz internal processing and ADC/DAC as standard
- Pristine state-of-the-art conversion ensures every subtle nuance of the pre-amp emulation is preserved
- Expandable library of emulations: A growing number of additional vintage emulations are available for free via Focusrite's Liquid Assets site
- Classic Focusrite high-pass filter, phantom power and phase reverse: These essential pre-amp features are selectable and editable independently for every channel
- Simple multiple unit configurations: Allows eight channels of audio from two units over a single ADAT or EtherSound connection, as well as much larger multiunit configurations
- Operator Lock Function: Allows secure use in public arenas, avoiding any unwanted alteration of preamps settings, including gain
- Optional EtherSound output card: Allows eight channels of audio over Ethernet, providing effective connectivity for large studios, post production installs and live sound engineers using EtherSound
- Variable impedance switches on every channel Taylor the pre-amp to suit any classic microphone in your collection
- Two professional digital I/O formats AES and ADAT optical are provided as standard
- Word clock in and out on BNC connectors: Slave to external clock or generate a master clock
- Link channel controls: Multiple units can be integrated into a single system via Ethersound and LIQUID4CONTROL software. (For accurate multichannel recording or live sound use)
Now you can have the sound of four vintage or classic preamps at once for a fraction of what the originals would cost — if you could find them.
- Sample Rates: 44.1, 48, 88.2, 96, 176.4 and 192 kHz
- Bit Depth: 24-bit
- Signal-to-Noise Ratio: 120dB measured with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass A-weighted filter
- Frequency Response: ±0.05 dB between 20 Hz and 20 kHz
- Maximum input level: +22 dBu
- THD+N: 0.0007% (-103 dB)
- Dynamic Range: 118 dB measured with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass A-weighted filter
- Frequency Response: ±0.05 dB between 20 Hz and 20 kHz
- Maximum output level: +22 dBu
- THD+N: 0.001% (-100 dB)
- Internal Clock: <1 ns
AES Output: <1 ns
External Clock: <3 ns
- Mic Pre
- Gain Range: +14 dB to +80 dB, switched in 1 dB steps
- Frequency Response and harmonic distortion: Variable, set by pre-amp emulation and harmonics settings chosen
- THD+N at analogue out: 0.001% measured with a +1 dBu 1 kHz input signal with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass filter, gain +14dB
- THD+N at AES out: 0.0007% measured with a +1 dBu 1 kHz input signal with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass filter, gain +14dB
- Mic Noise: EIN = -128 dB measured at >60 dB of gain with 150 Ohm source impedance and 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass filter
- Noise Analogue Out: -92 dBu measured at +14 dB gain with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass A-weighted filter
- Noise AES Digital Out: -119 dBFS measured at +14 dB gain with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass A-weighted filter
- Maximum Input Level: +8 dBu
- Input Impedance: Variable, set by pre-amp emulation chosen
- Electronic: >85 dB @ 60 dB of gain
- Line Input
- Gain Range: +32 dB to ”10 dB, switched in 1 dB steps
- Frequency Response: 0 dB ±0.1 dB between 20 Hz and 20 kHz
- THD+N at analogue out: 0.001% measured with a +18 dBu 1 kHz input signal with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass filter
- THD+N at AES out: 0.0007% measured with a +18 dBu 1 kHz input signal with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass filter
- Noise Analogue Out: -92 dBu measured at 0 dB gain with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass A-weighted filter
- Noise AES Digital Out: -120 dBFS measured at 0 dB gain with 20 Hz/22 kHz bandpass A-weighted filter
- Maximum Input Level: +22 dBu