- Product 700964
Fxpansion GURU Beat Sequencer Software
- Write a Review
Guru Beat Sequencer Software is your beatbox dream come true, an inspirational all-in-one rhythm workstation. Based on an enlightened approach to dru...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Advanced step sequencing, groove manipulation, sample editing, and beat slicing.
Guru Beat Sequencer Software is your beatbox dream come true, an inspirational all-in-one rhythm workstation. Based on an enlightened approach to drum loop creation, Guru makes building that perfect beat faster and easier than ever.
Guru's architecture is perfect for anything from straight-up breaks and stomping floor-fillers to complex polyrhythmic, multi-layered grooves. The powerful effects and graphical parameter automation allow you to mutate your beats into new, unheard forms, or create subtle variations. Mash up your sounds with pitch modulation, repeat triggers, start-point and timing manipulation, resonant filters, and much more.
Everything from precision funk to disturbing sonic mangling and glitch beatscapes is at your fingertips. Breathe new life into your loops with Guru's unique intelligent loop slicer that categorizes slices as kick, snare, hi-hat, or percussion hits, letting you use any audio material effortlessly and in the context of your pattern. Or extract individual hits and the timing feel from loops to create new grooves.
The extensive editing and processing tools then allow you to tweak samples and slice points, or layer more sounds. Guru gives you back the hands-on feel which you crave. Record performances with the mouse or a MIDI controller, fire off sequences with a MIDI key, layer multiple engines, drop parts in and out, and switch grooves on the fly.
- Advanced Step Sequencer - 128 steps, 16 channels
- 24 memories per engine
- Full graphical automation
- MIDI remote control
- Independent tempo multipliers
- Realtime and step recording with undo
- Automated sample slicing, classification, and pad mapping (kick, snare, hat, percussion) with manual slice-tuning capability
- Compatible with WAV/AIFF/REX/MIDI loops, single-hits, complete kits, pattern banks
- 8 Engines, each comprising:
- 16 MIDI-triggered Sample Pads
- Powerful step-sequencer with up to 128 steps
- 24 MIDI-triggered Patterns
- 3 Aux effects units
- Master effects unit
- Intuitive mixer offers a convenient overview of all 8 engines
- Flexible groove/shuffle control for patterns - take the groove of one MIDI file and apply it in realtime to another
- Comprehensive pad editor offers:
- Individual control of gain, pan, coarse/fine tune for each pad
- Resonant filter blend between LP/BP/HP
- 3 aux sends and an insert effect slot
- Start/end point adjust
- Amp/effects envelope
- 8 velocity crossfade layers
- Cut groups (choke groups)
- Includes library of over 2GB of professional sample content, featuring material by Yellow Tools, Wizoo, Gearshift, and others
- 8 stereo outputs, flexible routing
- Built-in MIDI mapping allows quick setup of Guru to work with your hardware groove box/drum triggers (Such as Akai MPC/MPD series, Alternate Mode DrumKat, Korg MicroKontrol, M-Audio Trigger Finger etc.)
- Standalone application, ReWire device, and VS, DXi, AudioUnit, RTAS plug-in formats available for Windows 2000/XP and Mac OS X
Guru Beat Sequencer goes where ordinary rhythm sequencers fear to tread! Order today.
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I was not excited at all when I first saw this product. I then went over to a friend's gouse and he loaded up the sucker as his bands drum machine. I was blown away by the quality of sound, veratility and ease of use. It is fantastic. The sound library that comes with it is worth the price of admision alone... and you get this awesome sequence too! I highly recommend it! I just got mine a couple days ago and can not stop playing with it! It adds a whole new level to your writing and makes a really cool sample slicer tool also!
I've held off on purchasing Stylus RMX for at least 6 months now because I'm offended by Spectrasonics' authorization system. Good thing I did, because Guru is almost certainly the better program for my purposes anyway.I don't know much about programming beats, and have never used the MPC that Guru takes its inspiration from, but I was creating great beats in Guru within minutes without using the manual. I love the fact that you can import your own .wav and REX files.There are some idiosynchrocies with the user interface and browser, but they are minor, and Fxpansion seemed to listen when I noted them on their forums. The major thing it lacks is the ability to time-stretch and reverse loops, etc. It also does not output audio (yet). Fxpansion says they are working on that in future updates.What you CAN do to your beats, however, is pretty mind-boggling. You can process the hell out of 8 overlapping engines individually, to create incredibly complex beats that are in perfect synch. It comes with a pretty large and diverse library of patterns, kits and loops, although it wasn't as much as I expected for 2+ Gigs. No matter--you can import your own files anyway. The manual is overwhelming, but in a good way (and it's in color!) I'm just having a ball with this program. Note: Fxpansion is good enough not to torture its paying customers with stupid authorization schemes. Please show your appreciation by NOT pirating this program so that more developers will follow suit!