- Product 708211
Garritan Personal Orchestra Second Edition
- Write a Review
The Garritan Personal Orchestra library has become the industry standard with a full set of orchestra samples and includes the Native Instrument KONT...Click To Read More About This Product
We're sorry-this item is unavailable.
Find a similar product below or contact our experts for a recommendation of great alternatives. Call us at 800-449-9128.Customers Also Viewed:
Award-winning sample library puts an entire orchestra at your fingertips.
The Garritan Personal Orchestra library has become the industry standard with a full set of orchestra samples and includes the Native Instrument KONTAKT Player. It encompasses all the major instruments of the orchestra: strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, and keyboards. Garritan Studio works with notation programs available for download.
Highest quality sounds: This sound collection includes all the instruments for a virtual symphony orchestra—strings,
brass, woodwinds, and percussion—plus a Steinway concert grand piano; Stradivarius, Guarneri, and Gagliano solo violins; Wurlitzer and Venus concert harps; Haynes flutes; Heckel bassoons; a Mustel celesta; a von Beckerath concert pipe organ; a harpsichord;
and many more fine instruments. It even includes multiple solo instruments—everything one needs to create orchestrations of any size.
Build your orchestrations one virtual instrument at a time: Build ensembles one instrument at a time from individual solo instrument samples. This simple and flexible approach represents a paradigm shift in MIDI orchestration. No need to use predetermined section sizes. Personal Orchestra lets you construct ensembles and sections of different sizes from specially designed instruments. Build wind, brass, and string ensembles of any size and variety—solos, duos, quartets, majestic sectional unisons, intimate divisi parts—or larger ensembles and sections as you see fit.
An easy to use sample library: Streamlined and standardized controls let you become familiar with the library quickly and master all the instruments easily. Play articulations in realtime and get expressive human-sounding performances. Create realistic sounding orchestral
music quickly and easily, right out of the box. Personal Orchestra sound collection makes it easy to express your musical ideas in record time. Just load an instrument sample and play it.
Performance controls: Garritan Personal Orchestra is one of the most versatile, controllable, and musical sample libraries currently available. Unparalleled control combined with high-quality samples provide almost endless possibilities for musical expression. By using the various controllers on your keyboard, you can emulate many of the techniques that real string players employ. Garritan sample libraries has introduced many advanced features to the software sampling world such as Legato tools, alternation, automatic variability, and more.
Works with notation programs: Personal Orchestra works with popular music notation programs. It can be integrated with Finale 2006 and there is also a special edition available for Sibleius users. Using GPO Studio you can use GPO with most other notation programs. GPO Studio Personal Orchestra Studio manages eight instances of the Personal Orchestra VST plug-in so that you can play up
to 64 instruments simultaneously from your MIDI program. You can save sessions, load them again, and load pre-configured templates designed for typical orchestral needs.
Universal Format: The Personal Orchestra sample library will run on Mac OS and Windows platforms as a standalone program or a plug-in (supporting VST, DXi, RTAS, and OS X AudioUnits). Personal Orchestra instruments will also load into KONTAKT, Native Instruments' flagship sampler. An entire orchestra can be loaded on a single PC or laptop and is designed to run completely in RAM.
Whether you're a professional film composer who needs to produce orchestral mockups at a moment's notice, a hobbyist who wants to create great sounding orchestral music, or a student who is studying the art and craft of orchestration, Garritan Personal Orchestra will simplify creative work at a price that won't break the bank.
- Award-winning orchestral library
- Includes all major instruments of the orchestra: strings, brass, woodwinds, percussion, and keyboards
- Quality instruments such as a Steinway
- grand piano, Stradivari and Guarneri violins, concert harps, celesta, concert pipe organ, and many other fine instruments
- Easy to use with fast play and standardized controls
- Realtime play for instruments
- Individual instruments let you build your own ensembles and sections
- Notation integration to play from the score
- Includes Kontakt sample player from Native Instruments
- Universal format support
In the studio, at home or on the road, Personal Orchestra is for every musician. And you've got to love the price!! Order now!
Personal Orchestra Second Edition
- Running Personal Orchestra is dependent on the speed of your computer. The faster the processor the better. 2 GB of free hard disk space.
- CD-ROM or DVD Drive.
- Windows XP, Pentium 4 /Athlon 2.4 GHz or better is recommended.
- Mac OS X or higher, G4 1.5 MHz is minimum but may not load the full orchestra. To load a full orchestra a G5 is recommended.
- **The Kontakt audio engine is designed to make use of the processing power of your computer's CPU. The powerful and complex algorithms of the Kontakt Player work best on modern and fast CPUs. Please also observe the systems requirements of your host application.
- The Kontakt Player needs a sound card for playing the sounds of Personal Orchestra. Standard DirectSound, MME or ASIO drivers required; Windows-compatible MIDI hardware if required.
- A MIDI interface is required if you are using
- a MIDI keyboard, another MIDI controller or an external sequencer. The MIDI interface integrated in many sound cards can also be used.
- To play the entire orchestra, we recommend 1 GB of RAM or more. There is a direct correlation between the number of instruments that can be loaded and the amount of available RAM. The more RAM available the better.
- Note: Not compatible with MAC-Intel machines. Native Instruments is working on an update which will be available on our site as a free download when it becomes available (est.Sept).
Reviewed by 2 customers
Displaying reviews 1-2
I had been looking for a good piano sound for awhile. I came across the Garritan orchestra and was blown away. Not only do you get a great sounding Steinway emulated piano but also the rest of the orchestra as well! Wonderful natural sounding strings and possibly some of the most realistic pipe organs out there. For the price, its a deal.
Being a poor musician/composer, this program does exactly as it says: it offers your own personal orchestra to play around with. However, I was not impressed by the sample quality that is offered in this program. The string sample, for example, sounded nice, however they do not offer as flexible play style as I would have liked. Half the time, the section would sound muddy or choppy. The brass section sounded weak, however, the piano sample sounded nice. The woodwinds also sound nice, however, I did not pay for only a woodwind section, but a more well-rounded orchestra sound.If you are looking for a cheap and efficient product, this does do the job, however, I was not wholly impressed with the results.